Cheaper Than Dirt? Not so...

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

700PSS
Elite Member

Cheaper Than Dirt? Not so...

Post by 700PSS »

Recently order a couple of the new/unissued, Israeli surplus gas masks w/new filters. Price had been $40 for a while, and then went to $15 and I bought. Then price jumps to $30. The masks are new, perfect condition and seal properly. They come with one new, sealed 40mm NATO filter.

They finally got some more filters in last week, so I ordered a couple at $10 each. They specify that these are "new" as in "unissued". When I got them yesterday, they were both not sealed and one was dirty, scratched, dented and you could see that the pull tab had been put back into a different position and the tape seal had been put over the plug in a different position. The tab and cap were no longer connected by the nylon tie. A look under the cap revealed dirt, a leaf particle and a human body hair inside the filter canister.

Called CTD to complain and they agreed to refund the cost. I have seen frequently that CTD is advertising items as "new" and shipping used junk that should just go into the garbage. I have also observed that CTD has increased prices on many common items 25%, 50% and even 100% over previous prices and average market prices. They are really price gouging on ammo, even if they haven't had the item in stock since long before the increase in demand and prices. There’s not a whole lot that I would even think of buying from CTD now, certainly not ammo. There are too many other reputable suppliers out there who can do a better job at meeting my needs than CTD.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cheaper Than Dirt? Not so...

Post by Sigproshooter »

700PSS wrote:Recently order a couple of the new/unissued, Israeli surplus gas masks w/new filters. Price had been $40 for a while, and then went to $15 and I bought. Then price jumps to $30. The masks are new, perfect condition and seal properly. They come with one new, sealed 40mm NATO filter.

They finally got some more filters in last week, so I ordered a couple at $10 each. They specify that these are "new" as in "unissued". When I got them yesterday, they were both not sealed and one was dirty, scratched, dented and you could see that the pull tab had been put back into a different position and the tape seal had been put over the plug in a different position. The tab and cap were no longer connected by the nylon tie. A look under the cap revealed dirt, a leaf particle and a human body hair inside the filter canister.

Called CTD to complain and they agreed to refund the cost. I have seen frequently that CTD is advertising items as "new" and shipping used junk that should just go into the garbage. I have also observed that CTD has increased prices on many common items 25%, 50% and even 100% over previous prices and average market prices. They are really price gouging on ammo, even if they haven't had the item in stock since long before the increase in demand and prices. There’s not a whole lot that I would even think of buying from CTD now, certainly not ammo. There are too many other reputable suppliers out there who can do a better job at meeting my needs than CTD.

They used to be a truly good company,I stopped buying from them 2 years ago for sure, maybe longer.

They are a joke.:evil:

As is Midland, and the Democrats.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
apochachuva
Silent But Deadly

Post by apochachuva »

My friend tried to buy factory mags from them, they weren't marked like factory mags, they shipped from somewhere weird and they didn't function anything like factory mags. Now he's trying to deal with returning them.
"You'll put yer eye out with that thing"

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Update: CTD is price gouging constantly. Between yesterday and today, they went up $25 on a Streamlight tactical light/laser I want. I'll find someone else to deal with. Dewayne Irwin, owner of CTD: You are trying to capitalize on the situation now, but you are losing long term business from the serious buyers of the gun community because of poor service, poor quality, dishonesty and price gouging.
BrianBerto2
Elite Member

Post by BrianBerto2 »

Sporsmans Guide can lick my gooch too. I was just looking at a new issue of "Militay Surplus Headquarters" and one example of gouging I found is Czech Military 26.5mm Signal Flares 10 rnd box -$79.97 I buy these at a gunshow I go to for $30/box. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from them in the past but it has been a while since I found something I had to have at a reasonable price.
[quote="mudshark"]Yeah, everytime I think about a 4.0L getting sodium-whatever-the-hell they're using poured into it to destroy it forever I wanna go out and shoot every fucking polar bear in the Artic. [/quote]

"Now Stan. If you want to put that gun to good use, then use it to shoot my hookers penis off" -Some guy on American Dad