Good place to buy MREs?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mk23
Silent But Deadly

Good place to buy MREs?

Post by mk23 »

Any leads? All I can find these days seems to be $80 or more a case... Looking for 5 to 6 cases.
sluggie24
Silent But Deadly

Post by sluggie24 »

Check Ebay. I stocked up on them a while ago and they were $85 for both the military A & B cases together. Now I think they are around $130 for the pair and rising but you may find a good deal.
karmapolice
Silent But Deadly

Post by karmapolice »

actiongear.com otherwise known as Brigade Quarter Master's has them I belive they are around 60 per case, and they have precooked and then ones that aslo come with the heaters for the same price.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

I can get them for $45 a case and they are the real deal. All I need to do is go to the chow hall and give them a copy of my orders and pay. At the commisary they are $90 a case.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
MicroGuy
Silent But Deadly

Post by MicroGuy »

karmapolice wrote:actiongear.com otherwise known as Brigade Quarter Master's has them I belive they are around 60 per case, and they have precooked and then ones that aslo come with the heaters for the same price.

I'll vouch for "Action Gear" too. I buy stuff from them often and have never been disappointed. I bought a poncho one time, and got the wrong one (two actually), and they let me keep them both while the shipped out the right one, so now, I have three....

kalikraven: But do you ship? :)
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

I just bought some from BQM/Action Gear for $82/case including shipping. That's the best price I've found so far. :)

Unfortunately, they're listed as "out of stock/ships in 14 days". :?
dixieraider6699

Re: Good place to buy MREs?

Post by dixieraider6699 »

armygear.net has a two case deal 90 dollars plus shipping
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

dixieraider6699 wrote:armygear.net has a two case deal 90 dollars plus shipping
Real MREs or those commercial fake ones?
700PSS
Elite Member

Re:

Post by 700PSS »

PTK wrote:I just bought some from BQM/Action Gear for $82/case including shipping. That's the best price I've found so far. :)

Unfortunately, they're listed as "out of stock/ships in 14 days". :?
+1 for BQM/Action Gear

They're local (metro ATL) for me and although their MREs are commercial and w/o heaters, at least you know they are recent production and good quality. You can usually buy the heaters from CTD and others.
CrazyDoc
Silent But Deadly

Post by CrazyDoc »

LOL I'm down here in FL, So i'm just gona wait for the next big hurricaneand get all i can lol.

Toole
"If hooking a cat up to a car battery will help cure cancer, I have one thing to tell you. Red is positive and black is negative.

I will say no more."
cal
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cal »

B cases taste better, Dont eat the milkshakes on some that were salmonella tainted. Check out mreinfo.com for all info...
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

fight forest fires in the summer ;) you can go to the supply tent at the fire camp every day and get a case or two for free. I just got a bunch for backpack camping
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
zeezee
Silent But Deadly

Post by zeezee »

Not MRE's but MOUNTAIN HOUSE & UNITS FREE SHIPPING ON CASE LOTS, AND 25% OFF LAST MOUNTAIN HOUSE SALE OF THE YEAR
http://www.readymaderesources.com/cart/ ... &catId=201
"The said constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

How does that stuff taste? Shelf-life?
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

case B tastes better than case A, but generally I actually like MREs.. you can basically tell by the name if it will be good, the vegetarian burger I don't much care for. I think they have an inspection date for five years, but I have heard they are good for ~20 or more. I ate some last year that have been around from the yellowstone fire in MT, which was late 80's, and they were fine.
It looks like the only thing in them that would expire is the candy, everything in them is preserved and sealed, except they throw in a pack of skittles or m&m's in the new ones.
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
Arkady
Silent But Deadly

Post by Arkady »

www.theepicenter.com sells the civi versions--they come in a clear bag instead of a tan one, but are otherwise pretty close to the real deal.

They've got three brands, but I think the Sopakco are the closest to an issued MRE. $72/case + shipping, with heaters.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

Arkady wrote:http://www.theepicenter.com sells the civi versions--they come in a clear bag instead of a tan one, but are otherwise pretty close to the real deal.

They've got three brands, but I think the Sopakco are the closest to an issued MRE. $72/case + shipping, with heaters.
It appears that those clear ones are actual MRE's, all of the separate packages inside are exact to the words of the real MREs.. seems like a pretty good deal!

oh and the MRE mocha cappuccino's are amazing, if you have not had one you are missing out :wink: