Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Deleted**************************
Last edited by CanNotHear on Sun May 24, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trey_phish83
Silent But Deadly

Post by trey_phish83 »

same with me, i've always have something in arms reach in my home or auto. everyone in my small town that knows of me knows not to come around my backyard. The only incident i ever had was a friend decided to 'pop in' around 3 in the morn. i had a sleepless night that night, before he was out of the car, i was in my wheelchair out the front door with laser in the window.(he was in his sisters car) he called me crazy asshole, so i knew it was someone i know. haha.

ever since then, the friends i have call before they come, and usually warn others not to be caught driving up my road at night(live on a dead end)
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

My wife ran upstairs in our apartment years ago and screamed someone was trying to get in our back door. So Igrabbed my light equiped glock and ran down stairs as someone was still pulling on the handle of the back door. I unlocked and swung the door open while stepping back away from it and pointed my glock 21 with light on at some drunk dumb ass. He just looked in my direction for a few seconds, I quess because he could not see from the light in his eyes and then said OH I am at the wrong apt. I don't think he even realized he had a 45 pointed at him, but he did not mess with my door anymore after that.
I always keep a gun within reach, and sleep with my silenced and light eqiuped glock beside me at night.
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Last edited by CanNotHear on Sun May 24, 2009 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Post by ctdonath »

Some neighbors were discussing a marginally suspicious group canvassing the neighborhood (likely some cult distributing literature). Several times I heard "...then answer the door with your gun on your hip". Being circumstantially polite, I refrained from saying "if the gun isn't already on your hip, are you REALLY going to go get it when you don't know that you'd want it handy when you open the door? you guys ALWAYS open the door unarmed!"
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

I answer my door with my pistol in hand behind my back. Has always served me well.

The only time that was a bad idea was when the popo showed up. I was like, oh s--t..........I told him not to freak out but I had a pistol on me and I wanted to place it down slowly so he wouldn't freak as to why i constantly have one hand behind my back.

He was cool with it, but ran it though the stolen gun data base anyway.

to make things worse, the reason they showed is that I accidently triggered the silent alrm on my keychain. I was downstairs cleaning my gun with my daughter, they about s--t when they saw all those guns.

:lol:
NFAtalk.org
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

I usually have something in my pocket when I answer the door.

Unless I'm not wearing pants.
gimp2x
Silent But Deadly

Post by gimp2x »

M16MANIAC wrote:My wife ran upstairs in our apartment years ago and screamed someone was trying to get in our back door. So Igrabbed my light equiped glock and ran down stairs as someone was still pulling on the handle of the back door. I unlocked and swung the door open while stepping back away from it and pointed my glock 21 with light on at some drunk dumb ass. He just looked in my direction for a few seconds, I quess because he could not see from the light in his eyes and then said OH I am at the wrong apt. I don't think he even realized he had a 45 pointed at him, but he did not mess with my door anymore after that.
I always keep a gun within reach, and sleep with my silenced and light eqiuped glock beside me at night.

so you have a glock 21 suppressed but no mention of an evo 45 in your list-o-cans in your sig?
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

That happened years ago like I said in the post. I keep my glock 19 with EVO 9 and MX6 on it beside the bed @ night now.I would have an EVO 45 now but I am trying to hold out for the blackbox if it will ever come out.
Hey, but thanks for being so observant.
G3 for me

Post by G3 for me »

As I have no kids, I have guns placed around the house at points of entery. They are in the things like picture cases and other nondicript items.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Unfortunately, if you're home, you’d better respond if a stranger comes to your door, as opposed to quietly ignoring them. It seems the current tactic employed in many burglaries is to pretend to be there for some innocent purpose, until they get no answer. Then, they break in. Too many honest folks assume that everyone else is as honest as they are and extend trust to strangers. Such people need to break the habit of opening their door to strangers, feeling obliged to do so just because someone knocks or rings the doorbell, especially at odd hours.

I learned years ago to always approach to the side of the door, with gun in hand, behind the back, whenever a stranger comes to my door. I have also thoroughly convinced my wife to talk through the door, viewing through a small side window, rather than opening the door to strangers. Knocking on our door or ringing the doorbell usually alerts at least one of our German Shepherds anyway, who are all too happy to greet the visitor with a loud, deep bark. That's usually enough to send them on their way.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

700PSS wrote:Unfortunately, if you're home, you’d better respond if a stranger comes to your door, as opposed to quietly ignoring them. It seems the current tactic employed in many burglaries is to pretend to be there for some innocent purpose, until they get no answer. Then, they break in. Too many honest folks assume that everyone else is as honest as they are and extend trust to strangers. Such people need to break the habit of opening their door to strangers, feeling obliged to do so just because someone knocks or rings the doorbell, especially at odd hours.
That happened to me today. I had just returned the cat to my mother's house after taking her to the vet, and the doorbell rang. It was someone claiming to have an appointment to talk to her about some retirement thing. When I asked her about it later she said she had no such appointment. No surprise because it sounded bogus to begin with.

I'm glad I was there, usually the door would have gone unanswered. It's a safe neighborhood - I think the last burglary was over ten years ago. Now I have to worry about her place and mine.
gimp2x
Silent But Deadly

Post by gimp2x »

here we had a few breakins where someone would knock on the front door....like a kid wanting money for band boosters or selling amway for his teacher

and at the same time, someone would try to enter the house from the rear door
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

He needs to be "silenced". :twisted:
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

CanNotHear wrote:More problems with this stupid F--k. Most inconsiderate neighbor ever. Actually was standing infront of my door to talk on his phone and smoke his cigarettes - until discovered him doing this when he woke me. Told him to not do it anymore, he stopped. Always waking me up at between2:30am - 4am after the bars shut down. Yeah, he drives himself home. He fucking tramples up the stairs / yaps loudly when he walks infront of my door/ pushes the alarm button several times*beep*x10 randomly. I think conventional methods of dealing with reasonable human beings need not apply here. Suggestions? Earplugs?
I think I remember from another post you mentioned your a cop, flash the badge and tell him to kindly be quiet, hopefully that might do the trick.
Whatever works.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
withoutremorse42
Silent But Deadly

Post by withoutremorse42 »

I've had a few instances where people came up to my dark ground level apartment and start scoping the place at point blank range, pretending to be checking out my dirty windowsil or some such.... a quick rack of the glock and a "hi, can I help you?" has always yielded good results.

J
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member11084.png[/img][/url]
tangodown911
Silent Operator

Post by tangodown911 »

I lived in an apartment right next to the train tracks...no kidding 75 Feet at the most. I once had some shitbags looking into my car in college. I think they were waiting on the frequent train that passed to break into peoples s--t...using the niose to cloak their lazy degenerate criminal behavior. I had a funny feeling when the train passed to look out the window, that when I saw them. The use of the loud train noise back fired on them cause they didn't here my front door open. I simply walked out, Winchester 1300 defender in hand, and opened a dialogue with the poor misfortunate inner-city youth. All heard was, "CRAZY CRACKER WITH A GUN!" Then they hauled ass. Never had anymore problems. Funny how that works. :wink:
MD3C
Silent Operator

Thankfully not yet

Post by MD3C »

I keep hearing stories along these lines, and have something nearby most often.
Although today, when I went out back in my bee suit, I just had squirt bottles of water, and alcohol.
I live in the desert in BFE , no major problems out here yet.
Local population 35-40 places/families? 29.6 miles from closest town.
Stay safe.
M
USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED
Derf
Silent But Deadly

Post by Derf »

I live in the boonies too. neighbors are not too close. i look at it both ways. They are not close enough to hear/see anything of criminal nature from "outsiders". And not close enough to see/hear what happens to criminal natured outsiders. They just see me digging a hole with the JD tractor and wave as they drive by. LOL

We have never had any type of incedents, but im sure its only a matter of time before someone figures out that the "boonies" might be a good place to hit. Families with both adults have to work and no one home during the day.
millo2115
Silent But Deadly

Post by millo2115 »

We had a dumb F--k in the city I was employed with a few years back come home from the bar s--t faced. When he couldnt figure out why his key wasn't working he kicked the door in. He died in the door way of his elderly neighbors home with his whataburger bag in his hand.
Last edited by millo2115 on Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

millo2115 wrote:We had a dumb F--k in the city was employed with a few years back come home from the bar s--t faced. When he couldnt figure out why his key wasn't working he kicked the door in. He died in the door way of his elderly neighbors home with his whataburger bag in his hand.
DARWIN AWARD right there
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
bmanka
Silent But Deadly

Post by bmanka »

Apartments must be criminal magnets. I had the same thing happen in college. About 3am on a weekday I hear someone walking up the stairs. I had only one neighbor and we knew each other well. Since he was never up at that hour, I looked through the blinds to see some homeless looking guy walking up to my door.

I grabbed my hunting rifle (I didn't have a pistol back then) and stood in the hallway attention towards the door, waiting for him to force it open. The guy tried the handle several times then walked away back down the stairs. I went back to my room and could see he was gone, but he had left a door flyer. I suppose that was his cover story because he definitely tried the handle several times.

Lucky day for us both!
Patriot In Training