Weapon Storage ?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

TAL70

Weapon Storage ?

Post by TAL70 »

I am looking for some ideas and/or plans for hidden weapon storage. In my house I have some ideal dead space behind some walls that I would like to incorporate some sort of hidden firearm storage space. Now I don't have a pile of money to spend here so the elaborate gun vaults are out. :( Just looking for a simple false bookcase with storage behind it. Now, I do have a closet that has the typical bifold doors on it that I could turn into storage also. Has anyone ever seen a set of high security bifold doors?
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Guys at the last gun show were selling PVC tubes big enough to store rifles and ammo.

It was the only thing that was not overpriced.
NFAtalk.org
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Just make sure you remember where you've hidden all your guns:

viewtopic.php?t=37111 :lol:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: Weapon Storage ?

Post by Diomed »

TAL70 wrote:Has anyone ever seen a set of high security bifold doors?
Ooooh, that would be neat.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Diomed wrote:
TAL70 wrote:Has anyone ever seen a set of high security bifold doors?
Ooooh, that would be neat.
I know a guy who put a "shoe rack" in his wife's closet that was mounted on a big piano hinge and opened up into a 6x6 room between the closet and the toilet.

Something like one of these
http://www.hiddendoorsdirect.com/hidden ... hotos.html
kbs2244
Silent But Deadly

Post by kbs2244 »

If you plan on putting them in a wall make it one with plumbing in it.
A metal detector will find stuff in all kinds of spots.
MD3C
Silent Operator

Bed frame safe

Post by MD3C »

I was just online somewhere the last few days, and noted a company in Washington state that's making a bed frame safe. Pretty cool.
I really liked the concept.
Although living in a house trailer it'd be tough to do?
Plus, I already have a couple of safes.
Check it out.
M

Sorry that I don't have a link :(
M
USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED
Derf
Silent But Deadly

Post by Derf »

When i was still in highschool and lived at home, my parents remodeled our guest room with a Murphy bed, the ones that pull down out of the wall or false book case.
I tried to talk my dad into ditching the bed and velcro'ing a bunch of guns inside. I swear it looked like the scene from "sword in the stone" lights shined down upon he and I, angels were singing........then mom said no.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

I just bought a used safe and I was surfing around looking for info on how to refurbish it and stumbled across this:

http://www.safeshowroom.com/eshop/10Exp ... ode=HC1854
It only has 14 gauge steel, so it's not terribly secure, but it's interesting nonetheless.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Derf wrote:When i was still in highschool and lived at home, my parents remodeled our guest room with a Murphy bed, the ones that pull down out of the wall or false book case.
I tried to talk my dad into ditching the bed and velcro'ing a bunch of guns inside. I swear it looked like the scene from "sword in the stone" lights shined down upon he and I, angels were singing........then mom said no.
I have almost finished my fake bookcase gun cabinet in my home office. The lights are in, the guns are in, and I'm just working on my locking mechanism, and having it play the death star theme song when the door opens. Will post pics later after work.

It is the culmination of my entire being. Except I need night vision in there, and the two more suppressors to be stamped. And barrel threaded, and solder on front ghostring, hang up my other degree on the front, etc. Always something to play around with. These are the ones I shoot weekly.

Pics:

doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Nice job, the ammo cans at the bottom might be a bit of a giveaway or at least up the interest in that particular area.
dixieraider6699

Post by dixieraider6699 »

now thats a nice home office
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Post by mudshark »

More about the bolt action on the left, please! 8)
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

mudshark wrote:More about the bolt action on the left, please! 8)
It's got a few more tweaks since then, I hope to have my new office finished this weekend, and the (some new) guns mounted.

Let's see:

Remington 700PSS chopped and threaded to 20" w/ channeled out factory HS Precision Stock for the bottom metal
AAC 7.62SD Muzzlebrake
AAC 7.62SD
Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40mm Long Range M3 (I don't know if they still make it, I believe it became the "Mark4 LRT/M3 3.5-9X40", love the M3 turrets, M118LR for the win)
Butlercreek scope covers
Badger Ordnance Rings
Badger Ordnance Tactical Knob
Evolution Gun works Weaver Base
Badger Ordnance M5 DBM Floorplate
AI 5rd magazine
Accurate Mag 10 round 308 for Badger M5/AICS (Do not recommend, had to adjust the feedlips whereas the AI ones work perfectly)
Harris Bipod
Tactical Intervention M24 Sling
Karsten Adjustable Cheekpiece
Accu-Shot Monopod
Storm IM3300 case
Cleaning kit

Honestly, nothing special, just parts really. There are a lot nicer on this forum.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

You could put one of those low securty glass front locking gun cabinets on a hinge in front of the closet. Put a couple of pellet guns, maybe a muzzle loader in so that anybody who broke in would grab them and think they got the guns. The glass case becomes the door to the real gun room.
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

jlwilliams wrote:You could put one of those low securty glass front locking gun cabinets on a hinge in front of the closet. Put a couple of pellet guns, maybe a muzzle loader in so that anybody who broke in would grab them and think they got the guns. The glass case becomes the door to the real gun room.
I know someone who did something similar many years ago when he built his house.
He built the glass front decoy cabinet into the brickwork beside the fireplace. By pulling a hidden cord, the back wall of the cabinet folded and retracted like a bi-fold closet door. (only vertically instead of horizontally) The piano hinge was hidden behind the felt lined barrel rest. Behind was a small compartment about 3'X5'.
Last edited by no4mk1t on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
DCloudy777
Silent But Deadly

Post by DCloudy777 »

Some neat stuff here... I'm going to have to start looking around my place for hidey-hole possibilities. One thing I learned about from an old customer of mine is decoys. I noticed often when he'd be buying a gun and filling out the 4473 anyway, he'd stroll to my "junk rack" and pick up a rusty single barre shotty, broken Lorcin, or bent-barrel "parts rifle". Once I got to know him well enough to ask him about it, he said he had a nice safe for his nice guns, but had a few "decoys" spread in obvious places like closets, so scum bags would find guns quick and be satisfied and leave without messing with his good stuff. I kinda chuckled, but sure enough, his place got broken into, and his plan worked... they jackasses took about $250 worth of crackhead junk and left about a quarter-mil worth of high end iron in his safe... which he HAD FORGOTTEN TO LOCK!!! (apparently he was bad about that).

DanO
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

If I were going to bury something I'd probably fill the container with Argon gas from a welder. Inert gas that's easy and cheap.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

good ideas.. The last link suggests putting dry ice in it and letting it melt to fill the tube with carbon dioxide before sealing it to remove the oxygen, seems like a idea.

I would really like to find a small cave in the mountains near my place :) that would make a great cache
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Re:

Post by mx201er »

jt526 wrote:
Derf wrote:When i was still in highschool and lived at home, my parents remodeled our guest room with a Murphy bed, the ones that pull down out of the wall or false book case.
I have almost finished my fake bookcase gun cabinet in my home office. The lights are in, the guns are in, and I'm just working on my locking mechanism, and having it play the death star theme song when the door opens. Will post pics later after work.

It is the culmination of my entire being. Except I need night vision in there, and the two more suppressors to be stamped. And barrel threaded, and solder on front ghostring, hang up my other degree on the front, etc. Always something to play around with. These are the ones I shoot weekly.

Pics:

...oh and you are my hero, and I am drooling right now :twisted: I have a question though, are those smoke grenades and flash bangs? (sorry I don't know if that is the technical terminology).
something in my head is telling me that real grenades have to be registered as DD, but I don't know if that is correct. Are there any restrictions on flash bangs and smoke grenades, and is there anywhere civilians can buy them? thanks :D
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

Smoke is gtg. It's not anti-personell and you can get them for about $40 each.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

Im loving the creative thinking and the decoy Ideas. My dream is to have a home with a walk-in gun room one day, behind a bookshelf. Something like a 8'x8' concrete and rebar poured bank cube with a vault door and a bookcase on a hydraulic hinge so it opens to reveal the vault door easily.

The room would have that rubber mat flooring so if some jackass friend drops one of my toys it wont jack it up, A nice wall mounting track system...maybe stainless steel with track lighting in the ceiling. And a in wall camera monitor by the door opening on the inside so i could use the room as a safe room if needed....so many ideas.
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
woodstove
Silent Operator

Post by woodstove »

I have a buddy that used an old freezer as a gun safe. He hooked the LED up to stay on and the cylindrical key loock on the freezer lid was all the security he had other than deception. Never had a problem so far.

My concern is that young punks who break into older folks homes,often unload the freezer onto the floor looking for hidden cash. Imagine the suprise/bonus if they pryed the lid of my friends freezer!
If at first you don't succeed, RELOAD!!
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

kalikraven wrote:Smoke is gtg. It's not anti-personell and you can get them for about $40 each.
thanks for the info :)