SURVIVORS, by J W Rawles

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

SURVIVORS, by J W Rawles

Post by ROFuher »

So, saw this discounted on Amazon a few days ago and ordered a copy.
Cracked it open this morning on the komode and knew the day was done--just finished reading it pretty much straight through.
It parallels PATRIOTS with some familiar characters and some new ones. Fun quick read, all in all.

One of the plot threads is based in Bloomfield,NM, so having grown up in the four corners area, it was nifty recognizing some of the terrain.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
madbear
Senior Silent Operator

Re: SURVIVORS, by J W Rawles

Post by madbear »

if your from NM & want 2 read a great "survival" novel that has NM ties in it get the 3 books by matthew bracken. 1st ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC, 2nd DOMESTIC ENEMIES the reconquista & 3rd FOREIGN ENEMIES & TRAITORS. (a trilogy) these are by far the best books i have ever read on a SHTF scenario PERIOD & a lot of the 2nd book takes place in NM.
i have read PATRIOTS but these books are much better.
i only have a 7th grade education & am a terrible reader but i read all 3 three times!
these books are not as much of a "how to" book but much better reading.
check them out; :wink:
madbear
America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.
Claire Wolfe
MD3C
Silent Operator

Post by MD3C »

madbear wrote:if your from NM & want 2 read a great "survival" novel that has NM ties in it get the 3 books by matthew bracken. 1st ENEMIES FOREIGN & DOMESTIC, 2nd DOMESTIC ENEMIES the reconquista & 3rd FOREIGN ENEMIES & TRAITORS. (a trilogy) these are by far the best books i have ever read on a SHTF scenario PERIOD & a lot of the 2nd book takes place in NM.
i have read PATRIOTS but these books are much better.
i only have a 7th grade education & am a terrible reader but i read all 3 three times!
these books are not as much of a "how to" book but much better reading.
check them out; :wink:
madbear

I concur.
USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED
jimmym40a2
Elite Member

Post by jimmym40a2 »

Finished reading this yesterday. Not even close to as good as patriots. Almost a part 1 to partiots. I was still a decent read if you get it at a discount.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJ_C4LwzA
mountainview

Post by mountainview »

I checked it out from my local library after hearing much hype...and I am glad I didn't spend money on it.
I'll generously give it a 2 star rating (out of 5), but only if you can borrow it, or get it from the library.
Now Patriots "may" be a better read, but unless someone gives it to me, I probably won't find out.
Of course your mileage may vary, but I was not very impressed.