What's your SHTF rifle and/or pistol?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wraith
Silent But Deadly

What's your SHTF rifle and/or pistol?

Post by Wraith »

Anyone have a specific rifle or pistol they keep for SHTF situations? Right now my M4gery and my Glock 34 are my go to guns.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.
Gato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Gato »

M1A1 SOCOM and G34

or

M1S90 and G34

depending on the type of fecal matter flying.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

It all depends........

If I have to fly right now.

I'd find a way to take all my guns with me.

If I have to hunker dwon and hold the fort.

I'd likely stick with my milled AK, drum, Eoteched.

Sidearm = MK23.

Long range = 50BMG scoped.
NFAtalk.org
Zoomie
Silent Operator

Post by Zoomie »

M4 & Glock 19 on my person, MP5N-A3 & MK-9K in backpack probably throw the Walther P-22 & can in also. No water type hand cleaner,First aid kit, spare clothes (socks, undies t-shirts) Garmin GPS, MRE's Sleeping bag, zip locks bags, zip ties, magnesium fire starter, batteries, pocket knife, camel back, flashlight, small sheet of folded plastic(12'X12', black) spare magaziness for everything, cell phone, small FM radio, cash, 550 cord, 100mph tape. That's all I can think of at the moment.
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Varies depending upon what's out at the moment...
.223 XM177 clone, 9mm sig 225 and 12 ga 870 tonight

If I was thinking high probablity of problems it would change :shock:
to 7.62 in HK or FAL w/ 45 sig 220 or 1911 and same 12 gauge!

But I don't see no dust on the horizon tonight. :wink:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Sid Post
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sid Post »

The only thing that counts is what I have on my person when the SHTF. I've got a gun safe full of stuff that won't help me because when the SHTF I will be at work or on the road and I'm not going back to the big city to grab stuff from the gun safe. ;)

Unfortunately, most of the places I go do not allow civilians to have any firearms in their cars in the parkling lot. And, yes our cars do get randomly searched (sometimes not so randomly too :evil:) .
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Sid makes a good point.

If I'm at home and have access to my shizzle, then my battery is a Sabre midlength AR15 and Glock 20 and 26.
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

Sid Post wrote:The only thing that counts is what I have on my person when the SHTF. I've got a gun safe full of stuff that won't help me because when the SHTF I will be at work or on the road and I'm not going back to the big city to grab stuff from the gun safe. ;)

Unfortunately, most of the places I go do not allow civilians to have any firearms in their cars in the parkling lot. And, yes our cars do get randomly searched (sometimes not so randomly too :evil:) .
The same thing with me but luckily I live in a pretty small town and in order to leave town I HAVE to go by my house so it works out thankfully. It does suck not being able to have your firearms at work. It used to not be that way but too many jerks have messed that up for us.
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

I'm screwed in SHTF. Wife & 2 little kids I'd never leave, and no serious cover for them to hide in during a shoot-up with organized. armed folks if they decide to put forth a volume of fire....I'm vulnerable as hell. I'll just have to stay here and hope the Apocalypse stays away for another generation or so.
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Ben B. wrote:I'm screwed in SHTF. Wife & 2 little kids I'd never leave, and no serious cover for them to hide in during a shoot-up with organized. armed folks if they decide to put forth a volume of fire....I'm vulnerable as hell. I'll just have to stay here and hope the Apocalypse stays away for another generation or so.
+1 That is the reality of my situation exactly as well.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

whatever I have at the time,heck Ill improvise if I have too.
griff
Silent But Deadly

Post by griff »

id have to have my AI 50 cal, mp5a3, and mark23...dog would come with to...so i can sleep and someone can keep watch
never follow
thunderhole
Silent But Deadly

Post by thunderhole »

Most of us are probably in the same situation: we're gonna have to "bug home" from work before we bug out. The three day pack in my trunk is directed toward that. No guns though just because of where I work which is a bummer.

As far as guns for when the SHTF, my G19 and the very low tech and unsexy Marlin 336 in 30-30. There were alot of reasons I picked that rifle but two of the biggest were that the wife and kids shoot it well and I was able to buy four of them for the price of one good AR.
"A long time ago being crazy meant something. Now everybody's crazy."-Charles Manson
Wraith
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wraith »

thunderhole wrote:Most of us are probably in the same situation: we're gonna have to "bug home" from work before we bug out. The three day pack in my trunk is directed toward that. No guns though just because of where I work which is a bummer.

As far as guns for when the SHTF, my G19 and the very low tech and unsexy Marlin 336 in 30-30. There were alot of reasons I picked that rifle but two of the biggest were that the wife and kids shoot it well and I was able to buy four of them for the price of one good AR.
A Marlin 336 sure isn't as sexy as an AR but it's a great pick I think. 30-30 is a good round and if anyone can use it in your family you're in good shape. Deer and 2 legged varmints don't stand a chance :D
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Wiley
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wiley »

I guess I am lucky. I work in a small machine shop, my boss knows I am armed and has no problem with it. Right now my USPf 45 is not 6 foot away.

There is an 870 Pmag in the truck and my M4 waiting at home.

Wiley
Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
kbi

Post by kbi »

With me are my G19(Under the counter right now) and my Bushy 14.5 with Eotech out in my truck .

But Id still have to go home if the poo hit the fan to get the dog and other tool's.
miniuzi

Post by miniuzi »

Nighthawk Talon and Bushy with Eotech and Halo can :lol: :twisted:
THE BEATING WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
RMTactical

Post by RMTactical »

AR-15, Glock
https://battlebornreview.com/
ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Post by ctdonath »

Full-blown SHTF? .308 Steyr Scout. It will do whatever needs doin'. Other guns will do specific tasks better, but none will do better on average.
chevrofreak
Silent But Deadly

Post by chevrofreak »

My SHTF pistol is a Glock 17 with 18rds of 124gr +P Gold Dots since it is always with me. The SHTF rifle is an "accessorized" AK47 with 30rds of Wolf JHP.
wolffie
Silent But Deadly

Post by wolffie »

I'm kind of surprised the 870 hasn't made the list. It's reliable, flexible, easy to find ammo, plenty of knock down power and in a fight, there are few things I'd rather have.

That said, it depends on who's going with me, and how I get to leave. Assuming I have room to take it with me, a suppressed Glock 19 is an absolute. .22 pistol and/or rifle with a suppressor to feed myself and my 870. If I have room probably a suppressed AR. If I'm going to hole up somewhere, the suppressed .308 bolt gun. I have enough reliable weapons to arm a couple of companions.

The amount of crap that goes with me depends on how I'm traveling. Car= more crap. Foot= less crap.
Omega 30
SpecWar2
HemsII
Trident9
Warlock
Evolution9
Pilot
Duncan223

Post by Duncan223 »

Too many choices, but in the event of what works best to survive in a "Red Dawn" situation... these choices work pretty well....

12 GA (ex: 500 or 870)
AR15 (223 & 5.56 capable)
AK47 (ammo may be difficult to locate)
10/22

S&W 915 (15 rounds of 9mm)
Glock 23 (13 rounds of 40)
Colt 1911 (8 rounds of 45)
NRA, GOA, SAF, JFPO

كافر | ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ | WOLVERINES!

[img]http://i14.tinypic.com/67gzswz.jpg[/img]
miniuzi

Post by miniuzi »

For shft CQC serbu super shorty.................... :P
THE BEATING WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
jwise
Silent Operator

Post by jwise »

If I get to go home and grab my goodies:

Leitner-Wise SOC carbine: 11.5" bbl and AAC M4-2007 (still waiting on form 4 transfer for the can)

Glock 21

Ruger/Pac Lite/AAC Pilot combo

The Ciener kit for the AR will be in my pack.

If I don't, I'll either be in my squad car at work, or my Expedition off duty. They'd look something like this:

or this...

plus

Which would all be used to get me back home in order to protect these...

J. Wise
DEVIL DOC
Silent But Deadly

Post by DEVIL DOC »

Gents if the s--t hits the fan consider this, You may encounter dead military members/whole units which would be fielding berettas M9's and M4/M16 (pre-loaded magazines) and a occaisional 240 gulf in .308/7.62x51. So I'm going with my Beretta 92F Brigadier in 9mm (shot placement over shot power/with quicker follow up shots, ammo is light weight) A AR-15 based weapon system such as a POF (I'd take a military lower first chance I got) Alot of spare parts. Now a remington 870 marine magnum would be a great choice too. Consider ammo avaibility, I what something that I could find any place like a 12 gauge or a .308, .223, .45, 9mm but consider weight you may have to lug that crap a long way.