ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

High class...........lol.
NFAtalk.org
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

TotenFleisch wrote:...maybe someday I can afford an Flemming Hk auto sear, but right now it just isn't gonna happen :(
You're good. In a SHTF scenario hits on zombie will be what counts. Full auto will be a waste of your now precious ammo. That is unless you need to provide suppressive fire for your friends to disembark the striker.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
TotenFleisch

Post by TotenFleisch »

continuity wrote:
TotenFleisch wrote:...maybe someday I can afford an Flemming Hk auto sear, but right now it just isn't gonna happen :(
You're good. In a SHTF scenario hits on zombie will be what counts. Full auto will be a waste of your now precious ammo. That is unless you need to provide suppressive fire for your friends to disembark the striker.
ROFL :D
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

I think we need to clarify the temporal period of SHTF.

While I would agree, an AR-type rifle or similar would be great all-around hunting/self-defense, are you going to be able to carry it covertly?

A pistol in 9/40/45 would also be a great idea, but how long are you going to be in SHTF situation? Months?

If we are talking about a very long-term situation, I don't think you can go wrong with a 22LR - you can carry 500rds for about the same weight as 50rds of pistol ammo.

But, having commented with that, I'd have to mix and match depending upon the length of the situation, and how far from home base I will be:

Gem-tech OASIS-P 22/45 - Light weight and quiet - yeah not the most quiet, but you cannot beat the weight.

G19 9mm w/Tundra - adult pistol, small enough for some concealment if necessary; I choose 9mm for SHTF availability of ammo.

S&W M&P15T w/M2-2000 - for patrol, self-defense, hunting

R870 SBS pistol grip - for bird hunting, self-defense, concealable
stenmkii
Silent Operator

Post by stenmkii »

M4 With an aimpoint
m-11 380 with SWR trident + a large sack of mags :lol:
Sig Mosquito & Kodiak
poizzin
Silent But Deadly

Post by poizzin »

My bugg out is just to make it to the house. I live way back in the woods with lake and river less than mile. Several hundred acres next door, deer, turkey and other wild life, berry and fruit trees on property. store bought canned goods shelved and rotated to last for a year, near a farm with several hundred head of cattle and friends with the farmer that owns them.

I am set for food. A few thousand rounds of ammo in various calibers and over 100 weapons in those calibers. to include .17,.22,.22mag,.25acp,.32acp,.38spec,9mm,.40sw,.357mag,.44spec and mag,.45acp and GAP,.223/5.56,30-30,35w,7.62x39,7.62x51,7.62x54r,8mm, 5.45x39,7.5x55,30-06,.410,28ga,20ga,12ga,10ga will help my survival. My entire family is proficant with each weapn as we shoot several hundred rounds per week.

I have a couple of generators and alternative fuel to run them. A few solar panels just in case. I just have to make it 20 miles from my daily job to the house. I keep at least 5 to 10 loaded weapons at work, at all times in case of "would be robbers"and a complete 50lb combat medical pack with 6 current IV, all field surgery tools, compresses and every other item issued, plus some aftermarket neccesaties including casting fiberglass and splints.

Once home I can make it for a long while except for a very well planned assault from a higher entity than myself. but as for the local yahoos on a rampage. They do not have a chance. I will just stay there until the dust settles .
Supressors
AAC - 7
Degroat - 2
AWC - 1
Don Floyd - 1
Tros- 1
HCA- 1
Jerry-R

Post by Jerry-R »

I carry a S&W CQB for every day use and to be sure I get home at night.

Once "safely" behind locked doors, or if I knew I had to be somewhere else and anarchy was the current rule of law, the handgun would be the P14:

The SPR would have to stay home, and I would take the carbine:

NRA Endowment Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
John Wayne - "The Shootist"
Norseviking

Post by Norseviking »

7mm Mag with 6.5-20x50 Optic
AR-10A4 with SASS upper topped with a 2.5-10x32 NF Optic / 16â€
jcsparky
Silent Operator

Post by jcsparky »

well my main objective is to grab and go SOUTH. Out of Alaska.. Canada should be pretty easy yo navigate with no handguns anymore.LOL Just hope its SUMMER..

MY DD M4 w/ Halo
Blackhawk w/ 20 30 rounders
Larue Tactical Bug out bag
Kimber 45
Taurus 9mm

If I can get to my truck and get the rest of my stufff wooo hoooo.
300win mag my other DD, spare parts MRE, Water purifiers Medical bags
Browning Shotgun.

Oh and the other supplies I have at relatives and friends houses on the way.. or when I get there.. There will be Haves and Have NOTs.. which one will you be..

Yes I can get from Alaska to the south in the winter if I HAVE too.. but well see..
2manygunz
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manygunz »

If TSHF, then I'm going to be hunkered down and staying out of site! Hunkered down doesn't need distance, so I'd go with my Benelli 12 Gauge and a whole bunch of shells.

Side arm? Probably my Kimber .45. If I hit something, I want it stopped on the first shot.

Just my 2 cents...
libertyman777
Silent But Deadly

Post by libertyman777 »

Primary protection: Mossberg 500

Backup: Kahr PM9

Food tool: Suppressed .22lr.
Remember............ You're Special, Unique, One of a Kind.............Just like everyone else.................
MD3C
Silent Operator

Picks

Post by MD3C »

I have too many to choose from.
Each has their pros, and cons.
Suffice it to say, I'm ready for whatever comes.
M
USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED
fstbk65
Silent But Deadly

Post by fstbk65 »

Glock 21 with Surefire light, night sights.

My primary rifle would be MSAR STG556. It's short enough to keep hidden, holds 42rd mags, EOTech with magnifier or PVS14. Accurate on zombie size targets for quite a ways but short enough to handle when they overrun. Still uses 223 so all I have to do is collect m4 mags and use the ammo when I catch a break. (Mine was pre-E4 :cry: ) Also can share my Phantom with my 308 bolt gun.

Of course it would be hard to leave behind my PS90 SBR for alot of reasons but my MSAR isn't much longer and ammo/ ballistics are better.

But if the zombies are carrying ak's I may take mine for the scavenging ability.
cdmillig
The Slippery One

Post by cdmillig »

Hopefully I'd have someone to carry the ammo, otherwise I'd prob just take a Saiga 12 gauge (if I had one) or AK w/aimpoint (do have).

This and one of my bowie knives....I'd prob leave the pistols...unless I'd have an ammo carrier...which I'd prob just carry more 7.62 or 12 gauge.
Be kind to others and stay ready
dtgman227
Senior Silent Operator

Post by dtgman227 »

14.5" Iron Sights AR and my Glock 19 with Trident.
HKfanatic
Senior Silent Operator

Post by HKfanatic »

Wow, this thread has been going on for 3 years and a week..... time for an update for me personally:

I am staying put on the homestead.... hopefully :(

I wanted more range to keep people away... I'm sitting on the roof with my spotting scope, some sandbags, and my drag bag! I would rather avoid a fire fight, however I would rather have the fight on my terms --> increased distance

Drag bag keeps:
M1A National Match w/ US Optics 10x scope 3rd Gen mount or an AR
TacOps Tango 51 Suppressed with NF scope on my room......

Inside the homestead contains a few ARs in multiple configurations, other rifles, multiple handguns (glocks, hk s, 1911s), and a scatter gun or two..... Plus i'm working on a few party favors for unwelcome guests. Not going to lie though, I do want an anti-material weapon and a mg or 2... maybe in a few more years :(
Numerous HK Products and US Military Arms
AAC Ranger 2 AAC Evo 9
SWR HEMSII SWR Spectre
Tac Ops 30
"The beatings will continue until morale improves"
Rob
Elite Member

Post by Rob »

This is an interesting exercise for me....or anyone else who travels for a living.

I'm in a hotel room right now.....and about 18 or 19 other nights of the month on average. I carry a G22 with an extra magazine all day, every day. There's a PPK/S in my briefcase that I sometimes carry on my ankle as a BUG. Likewise there is a Benchmade automatic or two in my briefcase, but I rarely carry them anymore. For a long gun, well, today they are all about 1,000 miles away. I guess I could get my room mate to ship one to me, but I think that if I had the time for that I could also go buy one somewhere, and that likely means that the S has not H the F. I guess just like I keep a week's worth of clothes on the plane, that I could also keep a carbine on board. Unfortunately given that our planes do not have external luggage accommodations, the passengers would have access to my stuff, and that would not go over too well if they spotted an AR or something. I have a couple of SBRs that I might be able to squirrel away in the cockpit, but even they are really too large to be totally concealed. That also brings up the problem with the ATF. I don't always know from day to day where I will end up, much less with enough time to get a 5320-20 back from the feds. Half of the places that I go would not get a 5320-20 approved for an SBR anyway. I suppose that I could go with a PS90 SBR. That would definitely fit in the cockpit unnoticed, but that doesn't get me around the interstate transport stuff. Although my G22 is my constant travel companion, regardless of what state I touch down in.

As for bugging out or bugging in, I guess that depends on where I am when it happens. This minute I am in Aspen, CO. I'm thinking that I would stay. I bet that my G22 with extra magazine makes me the most well armed guy here :lol: . If I was someplace like New Orleans or Chicago, I'm thinking that I would attempt to make my way to the airport. If at all possible, I would top off the tanks on the plane and make my escape. Even flying nap of the earth, with full fuel, I have at least 1200nm range. Assuming that ATC was functioning and the government had not shut down air travel, I could more than double that range by climbing to a more normal altitude. If air travel was restricted, I guess I would try to wait until dark and fly as low as I could, hoping to stay under ground based radar coverage, that the backup generators supplying power to antennas were running, and that the GPS system was still available for navigation and terrain avoidance. If not, I guess I would rely on my on-board radar for terrain mapping, but that's not going to see the verizon antenna looking to snag a hapless business plane operating well outside of it's design envelope.

I'm really not sure where I would go. Obviously I would try to go someplace safe and stable. I could make it out of the country non-stop from anywhere in the country. Perhaps I would go to mexico and sell the plane and retire like royalty.......actually, that sounds like a good idea right now. :twisted:

Of course, none of this is very realistic, but it does allow for some daydreaming to stave off boredom in a town that I hate.

Rob
hatidua

Post by hatidua »

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all the opinions that state that we should buy common calibers because they will be plentiful when the fecal matter hits the fan.

A simple election made pretty much ALL ammo non-existent for a while, in a true SHTF scenario we all of the sudden think that 9mm/.45/.223/.308 is going to be growing on trees?!

If things go down the tube, I wouldn't count on ammo availability much past the first 15 minutes. At best.
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

hatidua wrote:I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around all the opinions that state that we should buy common calibers because they will be plentiful when the fecal matter hits the fan.

A simple election made pretty much ALL ammo non-existent for a while, in a true SHTF scenario we all of the sudden think that 9mm/.45/.223/.308 is going to be growing on trees?!

If things go down the tube, I wouldn't count on ammo availability much past the first 15 minutes. At best.
Ammo was always available. The only issue was the price people were willing to pay.

This is also why you have a halfway decent stockpile
"I'm not afraid of dying. I's HOW I die that I'm concerned about." - Crosshair

"Beware the man with one gun. He probably doesn't know how to use it."
birdiepar

When the SHTF, bugging out

Post by birdiepar »

I live in a very rural area, in fact have a gunsmith shop--weapons no problem @ work or home. My question is where is everybody bugging out too----don't seem like too many places to go too.
Birdiepar
strobro32
Silent But Deadly

Post by strobro32 »

77/22 integral and MkII/Spectre and 1 or 2 cans of .22LR (5K rounds each).
If it doesn't splatter, shatter, burst or explode, it's not worth shooting.
TPayne
Silent But Deadly

Post by TPayne »

If I were constantly on the move, I'd forget my AK and go to something that I can take a s--t load of ammo for, but still keep my gear light. So, that would be something in .22LR, which would be my Integrally suppressed 10/22 (TM Operative on transfer) and my suppressed P22 (TM Zephyr on transfer). I would also have a 9mm pistol on me with a couple hundred rounds for it, but only use it when really needed.
PSI

Post by PSI »

Rifle

Pistol & Knife
Last edited by PSI on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IHSV-1.png[/img] Fighting Fundamental Islamic Jihadists Since 1118 [img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IHSV-1.png[/img]
Just because you're Islamophobic, doesn't mean they're not out to kill you.
thunderhole
Silent But Deadly

Re: When the SHTF, bugging out

Post by thunderhole »

birdiepar wrote:I live in a very rural area, in fact have a gunsmith shop--weapons no problem @ work or home. My question is where is everybody bugging out too----don't seem like too many places to go too.
I'm with you. I plan on "bugging in" and hopefully making the best of it.
"A long time ago being crazy meant something. Now everybody's crazy."-Charles Manson
kingair76py

Post by kingair76py »

but that's not going to see the verizon antenna looking to snag a hapless business plane operating well outside of it's design envelope.

F my boss, if things went bad, id leave him wherever, hop in the king air or citation and boogie home, he obviously treats me like a baby treats a diaper :) if in the king air, I can land on my dads farm, as far as the citation... id have to land at the nearest scareport 13 miles away...