Federal court case challenges MD 'May Issue' law for CCW

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Federal court case challenges MD 'May Issue' law for CCW

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018041 ... nd-lawsuit

On Thursday, the NRA-ILA joined a lawsuit to support and fund a challenge to the extremely restrictive Maryland 'May Issue' concealed carry permit regime.
The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) announced its support on Thursday for a lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland that challenges the state’s restrictions on carrying a handgun outside the home.

“Denying the majority of law-abiding citizens the right to carry a firearm outside of the home is unconstitutional,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA. “The government cannot require citizens to prove a special need in order to exercise their fundamental rights.”

The lawsuit, Brian Kirk Malpasso and Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association v. William M. Pallozzi, challenges Maryland’s requirement that a citizen show “good and substantial” reason to obtain a concealed carry permit. Because of this requirement, Maryland residents must prove they are under some extraordinary imminent threat in order to be granted a permit. This effectively bans most citizens from exercising their Second Amendment rights outside of their homes.
Good move, as an NRA member I approve using NRA funds like this to promote pro-gun efforts.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Federal court case challenges MD 'May Issue' law for CCW

Post by poikilotrm »

I can’t believe the NRA is actually doing something constructive.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.