SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:17 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:47 pm 
Silent But Deadly

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180412/nra-announces-support-for-maryland-lawsuit

On Thursday, the NRA-ILA joined a lawsuit to support and fund a challenge to the extremely restrictive Maryland 'May Issue' concealed carry permit regime.

Quote:
The National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) announced its support on Thursday for a lawsuit filed in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland that challenges the state’s restrictions on carrying a handgun outside the home.

“Denying the majority of law-abiding citizens the right to carry a firearm outside of the home is unconstitutional,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA. “The government cannot require citizens to prove a special need in order to exercise their fundamental rights.”

The lawsuit, Brian Kirk Malpasso and Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association v. William M. Pallozzi, challenges Maryland’s requirement that a citizen show “good and substantial” reason to obtain a concealed carry permit. Because of this requirement, Maryland residents must prove they are under some extraordinary imminent threat in order to be granted a permit. This effectively bans most citizens from exercising their Second Amendment rights outside of their homes.

Good move, as an NRA member I approve using NRA funds like this to promote pro-gun efforts.

BulletFlight for Android
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:20 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I can’t believe the NRA is actually doing something constructive.