Swatted the hornets nest last night. Please read.

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

2phast4u

Swatted the hornets nest last night. Please read.

Post by 2phast4u »

I stand corrected
Last edited by 2phast4u on Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Re: Swatted the hornets nest last night. Please read.

Post by Blaubart »

You lost me at atheist...
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

2phast4u wrote:I had enough last night watching the mis-information/ indoctrerination device so many of us have in our living room, so I started a petition. I wrote it knowing full well that no such legislation will come of it, but there are a few well place double speak and inuindos in it that may very well wake a few who read it. Please take a second of your day if possible a give it a glance. If you agree please, while you can, feel free to sign. Feel free to send it to anyone you find to be in agreement. Thanks for your time.

http://wh.gov/VsUZ

What's your problem with Atheists? Non superstitious people can't own guns? Yes, your ( and everyone elses ) religion is a set made up by men thoroughly ridiculous superstitions. So piss off.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

That petition died the second you said a person's religious beliefs would qualify or disqualify them from firearm ownership.
warjunky1428
Silent But Deadly

Post by warjunky1428 »

The two most rapidly growing groups of "religious" designation are the agnostics and the atheists. The world is moving away from structured religions. Why should I be denied my firearms simply because you do not agree with my way of viewing the unexplainable of this world.

Soon it will be simple who doesn't have guns and who does: the dead and the survivors.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
-- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

I am a Christian and a Libertarian. I know, it seems like a contradiction. My best friend in the world is a Navy buddy. I've known him for over 20 years. He is an athiest, and a devout one. And he has read the King James Bible 3 times that I know of.He is also hard working, takes good care of his wife and 3 children, and a strong advocate for gun rights. He acts more Christian than a lot of people who call themselves Christian. He will defend my right to go to church and I will defend his right not to

The price of freedom is letting other people have theirs. This petition is way off. We need to include everyone in our camp. Athiest, Jew, Christian, Muslim (I have an Iranian friend who is definitely on our side), Gay, Straight, Black, White... if they like guns and the freedom to own them they should not be excluded.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

9 votes, I'm impressed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

Yeah, it hasn't gained much traction has it? It seems more like when you see a picture of a person with a Nazi flag at a TEA party rally only to later find out that they were a liberal just showing up to make the TEA party look bad.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

bakerjw wrote:Yeah, it hasn't gained much traction has it? It seems more like when you see a picture of a person with a Nazi flag at a TEA party rally only to later find out that they were a liberal just showing up to make the TEA party look bad.
Exactly what I was thinking. Poison the well of gunowners to make us all look like Right wing evangelicals.

I think the media has pretty much got that one covered. No need for this petition.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

acg1911 wrote:I am a Christian and a Libertarian. I know, it seems like a contradiction. My best friend in the world is a Navy buddy. I've known him for over 20 years. He is an athiest, and a devout one. And he has read the King James Bible 3 times that I know of.He is also hard working, takes good care of his wife and 3 children, and a strong advocate for gun rights. He acts more Christian than a lot of people who call themselves Christian. He will defend my right to go to church and I will defend his right not to

The price of freedom is letting other people have theirs. This petition is way off. We need to include everyone in our camp. Athiest, Jew, Christian, Muslim (I have an Iranian friend who is definitely on our side), Gay, Straight, Black, White... if they like guns and the freedom to own them they should not be excluded.

Another Christian/Libertarian here and I agree with acg1911.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I see Libertarian as a political and social ideal independent from religious ideals, religious freedom is encapsulated within Libertarianism. I see no contradiction unless your religious ideals begin interfering with the freedom of others. An agnostic Libertarian who was raised christian.

As for the OP, it seems uncanny that 2phast4u is so similar to kwikrnu but he doesn't seem to entirely fit the profile.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

doubloon wrote:I see Libertarian as a political and social ideal independent from religious ideals, religious freedom is encapsulated within Libertarianism. I see no contradiction unless your religious ideals begin interfering with the freedom of others. An agnostic Libertarian who was raised christian.

As for the OP, it seems uncanny that 2phast4u is so similar to kwikrnu but he doesn't seem to entirely fit the profile.
If the OP was Leonard he would be figuring a way to entrap the government so he could sue them for violating his rights.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

doubloon wrote:I see Libertarian as a political and social ideal independent from religious ideals, religious freedom is encapsulated within Libertarianism.
Ditto. It was the OP that wrapped religion into the mix.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Agreed, sorry I was talking indirectly @acg1911 who mentioned being Libertarian and Christian seemed like a conflict.
jt526
Silent But Deadly

Post by jt526 »

Nice, so only people exactly like you, 2phast4u, get to own guns. Sure seems exactly like what the founders had in mind. Also, what the eff does a quote often misattributed to Marie Antoinette have to do with anything?

"They are the ones that are being the most vocally anti-gun and it is a free country, let them eat cake."

Rousseau's version goes like this - "I recalled the stopgap solution of a princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded "Let them eat brioche."

So the parallel would be "the people (democrats et al.) have no shotguns/whatever you consider a "subsistence" gun akin to bread, to which (insert example of ruling class, be it economic, political or symbolic) replied "Then let them have AR's." which was then to piss off the democrats et al. that they had no guns at all, let alone ar15's and caused a revolution?

The cake, it makes no sense to me.
Stupid, stupid NFA items.
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

doubloon wrote:Agreed, sorry I was talking indirectly @acg1911 who mentioned being Libertarian and Christian seemed like a conflict.
Not to me, but I'm so accustomed to explaining it to people like the author of the petition, I felt like a had to go ahead and put it out there. As for the rest of y'all, I can tell that I am dealing with the open-minded.
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

2phast4u wrote:I stand corrected
We all make mistakes... I had a reload get stuck 3/4 of the way down my rifle barrel once. Not an easy thing to admit. (Subsonic ammo that runs well out of an 18" barrel isn't necessarily safe in a 22" barrel)

Are you a converted "inclusive" gun owner now?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

10 posts in 3 years. Looks like the OP is a troll here too.

Not really one of those militant Christian Conservative gun boards. Sure there are Christian Conservatives here but there are probably more members interested in the scientific method on a silencer specific board than on many gun sites.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
acg1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by acg1911 »

YugoRPK wrote:10 posts in 3 years. Looks like the OP is a troll here too.

Not really one of those militant Christian Conservative gun boards. Sure there are Christian Conservatives here but there are probably more members interested in the scientific method on a silencer specific board than on many gun sites.
Pretty low post count myself. I mostly lurk and learn.