How to make a correction on a returned Form1 UPDATE

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

How to make a correction on a returned Form1 UPDATE

Post by L1A1Rocker »

One of my Form 1s came back yesterday. I made a booboo on section 4a where you list the Manufacture. I put my name, I was supposed to put the Trust Name. What's the best way to make the correction? I'm thinking a single line through my name and then print the correct name beside it, and then initial.

What's the expert opinion on this please?

UPDATE down thread
Last edited by L1A1Rocker on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: How to make a correction on a returned Form1

Post by Bendersquint »

L1A1Rocker wrote:One of my Form 1s came back yesterday. I made a booboo on section 4a where you list the Manufacture. I put my name, I was supposed to put the Trust Name. What's the best way to make the correction? I'm thinking a single line through my name and then print the correct name beside it, and then initial.

What's the expert opinion on this please?
Single line out, initial and write the correct data above/below it in the box.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Thanks Bender. I'll prolly have my other two roll in next week for correction too. Oh well, at least I know my Trust docs were accepted, lol. Guess I ought to get on the stick and order that titanium eh? 8)
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Thanks Bender. I'll prolly have my other two roll in next week for correction too. Oh well, at least I know my Trust docs were accepted, lol. Guess I ought to get on the stick and order that titanium eh? 8)
Yup, get on it!
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Post by ncorry »

Hey Bender-- if submitting a Form 1 for a SBR made out of a Seekins Precision lower that is marked MULTI, would Box 4a have "Seekins Precision, Lewiston, Idaho" in it? If so, would box 4h have "John Doe Trust, Anytown, ND, 300BLK" in it?
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Got another one back today and guess what. . . you not going to believe this. They didn't catch the wrong name like the other one, no; this one is kicked back because I didn't put a MODEL number. Anyone ever hear of that???

So, I'm just going to stick something in the box for 'model'. I'm thinking something cool like "Zombie Slayer". (ok I'm joking about that but what if. . .)

So the bid question is, do I go ahead and fix the name issue in 4a that they didn't catch, or leave well enough alone so as not to confuse the person working the application?
ncorry
Silent But Deadly

Re: How to make a correction on a returned Form1 UPDATE

Post by ncorry »

Hey L1A1- is your Form 1 for a suppressor/ non-SBR?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

L1A1Rocker wrote:Got another one back today and guess what. . . you not going to believe this. They didn't catch the wrong name like the other one, no; this one is kicked back because I didn't put a MODEL number. Anyone ever hear of that???

So, I'm just going to stick something in the box for 'model'. I'm thinking something cool like "Zombie Slayer". (ok I'm joking about that but what if. . .)

So the bid question is, do I go ahead and fix the name issue in 4a that they didn't catch, or leave well enough alone so as not to confuse the person working the application?
Has to have a model.....its why there is a blank for it ya know. :wink:

Remember whatever MODEL you declare it to be must be engraved on your NFA goodie.....be smart about the name.

I would fix the part they didn't catch as well.....you don't want to get it back AGAIN in another 4 weeks to get it corrected.......if its wrong and you know it is wrong it needs to be fixed. Just put a note in there explaining it and it will eliminate confusion.
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Post by zevdogs »

I was told to use white out by my examiner... Is that strange
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

ncorry wrote:Hey L1A1- is your Form 1 for a suppressor/ non-SBR?
These two are for silencers, I've got a third in for an SBR.
zevdogs wrote:I was told to use white out by my examiner... Is that strange
That IS very strange. There is a cardinal rule that you never, ever, EVER, white out anything on a legal document. You want to see the incorrect thing (single line only) so that it does not appear that you are hiding anything.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Bendersquint wrote:

Remember whatever MODEL you declare it to be must be engraved on your NFA goodie.....be smart about the name.

I would fix the part they didn't catch as well.....you don't want to get it back AGAIN in another 4 weeks to get it corrected.......if its wrong and you know it is wrong it needs to be fixed. Just put a note in there explaining it and it will eliminate confusion.
I've never put a model number. In fact, the Form 1 I corrected referenced in the OP has a note from the examiner asking if I wanted to designate a model number, but no note that lack of was an error. I've got 4 Form 1 silencers, none had a model number. Of course 3 of those don't have a length either. Could this be something new like the length needing to be there?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

I've never put a model number. In fact, the Form 1 I corrected referenced in the OP has a note from the examiner asking if I wanted to designate a model number, but no note that lack of was an error. I've got 4 Form 1 silencers, none had a model number. Of course 3 of those don't have a length either. Could this be something new like the length needing to be there?
Most of the time if there isn't a model entered they will leave it as N/A in the system. It is still a field that has to be filled out regardless.

The length of a suppressor has ALWAYS been a requirement.
telero
Silent But Deadly

Post by telero »

Bendersquint wrote:
Most of the time if there isn't a model entered they will leave it as N/A in the system. It is still a field that has to be filled out regardless.

If you put N/A in the model number box of your form 1, would you then have to engrave "N/A" on the firearm?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

telero wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

If you put N/A in the model number box of your form 1, would you then have to engrave "N/A" on the firearm?
Legally yes, as that is the model......have I seen it NOT done, yes. Have I seen N/A on a silencer? Yes.
zevdogs
Silent But Deadly

Post by zevdogs »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
ncorry wrote:Hey L1A1- is your Form 1 for a suppressor/ non-SBR?
These two are for silencers, I've got a third in for an SBR.
zevdogs wrote:I was told to use white out by my examiner... Is that strange
That IS very strange. There is a cardinal rule that you never, ever, EVER, white out anything on a legal document. You want to see the incorrect thing (single line only) so that it does not appear that you are hiding anything.
WOW all five of my form 1s wear done with white out and all approved to
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

L1A1Rocker wrote: That IS very strange. There is a cardinal rule that you never, ever, EVER, white out anything on a legal document. You want to see the incorrect thing (single line only) so that it does not appear that you are hiding anything.
Not strange at all, and done all the time as well.

I prefer the single line out as I think it looks cleaner but white out is acceptable on legal documents.
CoSnipe

Post by CoSnipe »

Question: if you get a correction letter. Do they list all needed corrections or will the kick it back after one is fixed and another is found at a later time? In other words do they look for and mark all corrections at one time so it doesn't have to be corrected a second or third time?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

CoSnipe wrote:Question: if you get a correction letter. Do they list all needed corrections or will the kick it back after one is fixed and another is found at a later time? In other words do they look for and mark all corrections at one time so it doesn't have to be corrected a second or third time?
They list all they catch, if they get it back and review it again and find they missed something then they will issue another correction letter.