Did BamBam just BAN trusts by executive order yesterday??!!

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Did BamBam just BAN trusts by executive order yesterday?

Post by L1A1Rocker »

It seems ATF believes that most CLEOs would sign what is basically an identity check and a statement certifying state and local laws don't prohibit possession of the NFA item.
That is complete and total BULLSHIT!

It has been well documented that ATF HAS attempted to dissuade sheriffs from signing the cert. ATF has conspired to make it as difficult as possible to get the CLEO cert, and any word otherwise is naive or DIS-information.

Anti gun CLEOS laugh and snicker amongst their ilk knowing that they are preventing people from getting Title II weapons. This rules change makes their power absolute in preventing people from obtaining Title II weapons. Make NO mistake about this, the ATF intends this.

The sheriff in Kerr county Texas has publicly stated that he "never has and never will sign the cert for silencers". He has also stated publicly "that we don't need people running around with those things".
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

I should have said that ATF wants us to believe the new sign off would be OK with the CLEO, which is total BS.
I would prefer a CLEO notification, or none at all!
Regards,

Jorge
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

mp5 wrote:I should have said that ATF wants us to believe the new sign off would be OK with the CLEO, which is total BS.
I would prefer a CLEO notification, or none at all!
My apologies. The sneaky way this regime works makes me believe that a dis-information campaign on these new rules is on it's way - in one form or another.

Again, sorry.
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

No offense taken.
At a lower level they did hint at a CLEO notification only initially, but I guess Steadman@DOJ and our urban radical president vetoed that.
My advice, if you can get an in stock can, SBR, or MG now do it or forever hold your piece.
Regards,

Jorge
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

mp5 wrote:No offense taken.
At a lower level they did hint at a CLEO notification only initially, but I guess Steadman@DOJ and our urban radical president vetoed that.
My advice, if you can get an in stock can, SBR, or MG now do it or forever hold your piece.
Yep, I've got three Form 1's that I'm right at 7 months on. They should be in my mail box any day now. I've decided to pinch the penny and send off 3 more Tuesday and cross my fingers.
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Tell that to internet Joe who can find it 75 cheaper online.
mp5
Elite Member

Post by mp5 »

66427vette wrote:

Tell that to internet Joe who can find it 75 cheaper online.

I did not imply online. I meant a stocking dealer you can go to Tuesday AM and buy an in stock item. With the wait times for Form 3's hitting 90 days or more, you may not be able to get your Forms in on time before the new revision takes effect. And even then they may kick them back for not complying!
Regards,

Jorge
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

It was a joke. I have tons of stock ready to go more than anyone within 200 miles and tire kickers say its cheaper online and no tax. I love when they ask did my can I ordered from so and so show up that i ordered 3 months ago. Was it worth saving 75 bucks. Love idiots.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
Yep, I've got three Form 1's that I'm right at 7 months on. They should be in my mail box any day now. I've decided to pinch the penny and send off 3 more Tuesday and cross my fingers.
I called about a form 4 of mine that was sent in January. They told me that I went pending in July and that the current expectation is pending date + 90 days.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Libertarian_Geek wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:....
I have a security clearance that's already on file with my fingerprints for my (geek)job. Somehow, that doesn't help process my NFA items.
^^^ that. One has nothing to do with the other.

Also, and I hate to be a pariah on this, but I'm kind of glad that Obama is closing that up. This should make a true, positive impact on the violence in Chicago.... where all those poverty-stricken gang-bangers incorporate, establish a trust, purchase WWII Garands, then shoot up the city.

BTW, Obama is closing that up as well. We loan out military surplus weapons to other countries and when they ship them back, Obama's EO keeps them from "hitting the streets".

I do wonder just how many trust-owned Garands are bagged-and-tagged at crime scenes.
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

TROOPER wrote:
Libertarian_Geek wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:....
I have a security clearance that's already on file with my fingerprints for my (geek)job. Somehow, that doesn't help process my NFA items.
^^^ that. One has nothing to do with the other.

Also, and I hate to be a pariah on this, but I'm kind of glad that Obama is closing that up. This should make a true, positive impact on the violence in Chicago.... where all those poverty-stricken gang-bangers incorporate, establish a trust, purchase WWII Garands, then shoot up the city.

BTW, Obama is closing that up as well. We loan out military surplus weapons to other countries and when they ship them back, Obama's EO keeps them from "hitting the streets".

I do wonder just how many trust-owned Garands are bagged-and-tagged at crime scenes.
:lol: Awesome post. You're an artist of the sarcastic arts.

FWIW.. on my security clearance... I have to get a new one for every separate gov entity contract. They don't even recognize each other (and yet all of the background checks are done by the same folks). How 'bout that for government efficiency. Apparently, it's the job creation aspect that makes background checks take so long.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

GHEN wrote:
They won't be affected by it because they don't buy NFA weapons.

GHEN

Oh please. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Click the link:

http://bit.ly/14gxQ9k
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

mpallett wrote:
GHEN wrote:

GHEN

Click the link:

Yes back in the day BW bought a bunch of suppressors; that was then, we are talking about now. The supposition that the NFA weapons found at those facilities are owned/acquired by those companies (with few exceptions) isn't true and that was the point of my post. They are in fact US Government property.

The fact that in the beginning of all of this BW bought 100 or so suppressors from you doesn't change my point. There are a LOT of things the contracting companies did then that they arent doing anymore.

There is a difference between "don't" and "didn't", I don't need a wiseass Google link to point it out; your dictionary (should you own one) should do just fine.

GHEN
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

mpallett wrote:
GHEN wrote:

GHEN

Click the link:

Agreed
mpallett
Elite Industry Professional

Post by mpallett »

Doesn't matter. Looks like I'm going to lose the argument on the "tense" of a verb. I really don't care enough to argue about it.

Bendersquint wrote:
mpallett wrote:
GHEN wrote:

GHEN

Click the link:

Agreed
Over weight Telco guy with a FFL/07 for hire :)
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

mpallett wrote:Doesn't matter. Looks like I'm going to lose the argument on the "tense" of a verb. I really don't care enough to argue about it.
Cool, I win! Seriously, the only reason I posted initially was to try and educate those with the mistaken perception that "certain" companies somehow circumvent the requirements under the NFA. The reality is that even the security companies that work under Gov. contract must follow NFA for any NFA items. There seems to be a perception that BW was awash in machine guns that they just somehow "got". The reality is that when a belt-fed went down on the range we sometimes had to fix the feed trays with Bic pen springs to keep them running...there were no spares because there were only so many on loan.

After the early days when everyone thought they could get away with anything (like exporting 100 suppressors) things tightened up to the point of ridiculousness.

The contracting companies aren't out there purchasing NFA items as a matter of course, and if it happens those transactions are subject to the same NFA restrictions as other corporations...they have no "other means" at their disposal.

GHEN
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

GHEN wrote:
mpallett wrote:Doesn't matter. Looks like I'm going to lose the argument on the "tense" of a verb. I really don't care enough to argue about it.
Cool, I win! Seriously, the only reason I posted initially was to try and educate those with the mistaken perception that "certain" companies somehow circumvent the requirements under the NFA. The reality is that even the security companies that work under Gov. contract must follow NFA for any NFA items. There seems to be a perception that BW was awash in machine guns that they just somehow "got". The reality is that when a belt-fed went down on the range we sometimes had to fix the feed trays with Bic pen springs to keep them running...there were no spares because there were only so many on loan.

After the early days when everyone thought they could get away with anything (like exporting 100 suppressors) things tightened up to the point of ridiculousness.

The contracting companies aren't out there purchasing NFA items as a matter of course, and if it happens those transactions are subject to the same NFA restrictions as other corporations...they have no "other means" at their disposal.

GHEN
My comments were never based on a perception they are based on what I have seen.

Where there is a rule there is always an exception, will just have to leave it at that I guess.

You win.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Bendersquint wrote:
GHEN wrote:

GHEN
My comments were never based on a perception they are based on what I have seen.

Where there is a rule there is always an exception, will just have to leave it at that I guess.

You win.
Exactly.

It is a case of you do not know what you do not know. And if you do know, you are probably going to have to be very vague in talking about it.
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

So in retrospect, in my answer to Bendersquint I was a bit of a dick, and I thought it appropriate to publicly apologize, so I apologize.

GHEN
raymond-
Senior Silent Operator

Post by raymond- »

On Monday, 9/9/13, the machines become self-aware - NOPRM go-live. Start drafting your feedback and response now.
https://www.federalregister.gov/article ... th-respect
raymond-
47º34'n 122º18'w
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I don't think the ATF can ban trusts but they are discussing adding Leo sign off, killing the single best thing about trusts.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

silencertalk wrote:I don't think the ATF can ban trusts but they are discussing adding Leo sign off, killing the single best thing about trusts.
The public comments are now open. Has the "industry" decided how to play this? Is there anything we (the public) can do to help? Are there any technical, or legal fine points that we should be including in our comments about this?
HaveBlue83

Post by HaveBlue83 »

this is so much bullshit. I'm about to just cancel my trust and sell my can that is on hold and sell my 10.5" barrel that was on my pistol, that I have at another address not here. I'm going 16" middy because I'm tired of waiting for this BS. I have been pending since march 12th. I hear there is a SECOND pending date. this govt is so jacked! jesus.

i'm done. I don't even want the can now. eff this im out! who wants a kestrel 556?
Armament, U.S. Army, 45B...........
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Post by rimshaker »

HaveBlue83 wrote:this is so much bullshit. I'm about to just cancel my trust and sell my can that is on hold and sell my 10.5" barrel that was on my pistol, that I have at another address not here. I'm going 16" middy because I'm tired of waiting for this BS. I have been pending since march 12th. I hear there is a SECOND pending date. this govt is so jacked! jesus.

i'm done. I don't even want the can now. eff this im out! who wants a kestrel 556?
Not to sound like an asss, but that response right there is exactly what the gov't intended since the NFA was established in 1934.... to thwart people away from NFA items. Only back then it was a monetary nightmare ($200 in 1934 is over $3000 today). Today it is a bureaucratic nightmare, with the wait times and more hoops to jump through.

Either way, the end result is what was always intended.... to thwart folks away from NFA items. You're already in the home stretch with a 3/12 pending date. Would be a waste to give up now.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

rimshaker wrote:
HaveBlue83 wrote:this is so much bullshit. I'm about to just cancel my trust and sell my can that is on hold and sell my 10.5" barrel that was on my pistol, that I have at another address not here. I'm going 16" middy because I'm tired of waiting for this BS. I have been pending since march 12th. I hear there is a SECOND pending date. this govt is so jacked! jesus.

Not to sound like an asss, but that response right there is exactly what the gov't intended since the NFA was established in 1934.... to thwart people away from NFA items. Only back then it was a monetary nightmare ($200 in 1934 is over $3000 today). Today it is a bureaucratic nightmare, with the wait times and more hoops to jump through.

Either way, the end result is what was always intended.... to thwart folks away from NFA items. You're already in the home stretch with a 3/12 pending date. Would be a waste to give up now.

+1

Look on the bright side, it's only been a month since my checks were cashed. :lol:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.