NFA eFrom website - WTF now

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Veritas
Silent But Deadly

NFA eFrom website - WTF now

Post by Veritas »

I have been trying to get on the eForm site lately just to check the status of my eForm 1's but I literally can not get past the login screen.

I have been receiving the apology emails from the ATF, but is anyone actually able to login? I try logging in late at night too..
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: NFA eFrom website - WTF now

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Veritas wrote:I have been trying to get on the eForm site lately just to check the status of my eForm 1's but I literally can not get past the login screen.

I have been receiving the apology emails from the ATF, but is anyone actually able to login? I try logging in late at night too..
You have to use your Healthcare.gov info. They decided to "streamline" ALL net traffic through that site.
(Just kidding)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Had 40 forms sitting here for 2 weeks with no luck. Retyped a bunch and mailed them to customers today.
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

66427vette wrote:Had 40 forms sitting here for 2 weeks with no luck. Retyped a bunch and mailed them to customers today.
So you got them to work?
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

whiterussian1974 wrote:
Veritas wrote:I have been trying to get on the eForm site lately just to check the status of my eForm 1's but I literally can not get past the login screen.

You have to use your Healthcare.gov info. They decided to "streamline" ALL net traffic through that site.
(Just kidding)
hahaha, they have diverted the NFA eform people to the healthcare site since it works so well?
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Just tried to go to the site:
We apologize but we are currently experiencing server issues

No s--t....
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Veritas wrote:
66427vette wrote:Had 40 forms sitting here for 2 weeks with no luck. Retyped a bunch and mailed them to customers today.
So you got them to work?
F--k no! Was great until 2 weeks ago.
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

66427vette wrote:
Veritas wrote:
So you got them to work?
F--k no! Was great until 2 weeks ago.
Oh ok, I couldn't tell what you meant, what do you mean you mailed them to customers?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Mailed them paper form 4's to mail in to ATF with a copy of their trust . That way they know it was sent to the ATF and don't call me every other day.
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

Damn, that sucks. My dealer was lucky enough to get mine in last week, my Specwar is already pending, according to the folks at NFA Branch.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

I just called the NFA today and they said as long as the forms are submitted, even if the external webpage is down, they are still being worked and are still holding tight to the ~100 day timeline.

And am looking to file one more eform1 and 1 or 2 more eform 4's...
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Post by 66427vette »

Veritas wrote:I just called the NFA today and they said as long as the forms are submitted, even if the external webpage is down, they are still being worked and are still holding tight to the ~100 day timeline.

That's great if you can get the system to take them. It's great for 1 or 2 personal items but submitting 25 to 50 a week gets old when it keeps crashing. What has changed in the last 2 or 3 weeks? It was great up until then.
KVoimakas

Post by KVoimakas »

66427vette wrote:
Veritas wrote:I just called the NFA today and they said as long as the forms are submitted, even if the external webpage is down, they are still being worked and are still holding tight to the ~100 day timeline.

That's great if you can get the system to take them. It's great for 1 or 2 personal items but submitting 25 to 50 a week gets old when it keeps crashing. What has changed in the last 2 or 3 weeks? It was great up until then.
It was working too well. Can't have that when it comes to anything firearm related.

**Warning: Some cynicism above.**
RJT
Silent But Deadly

Post by RJT »

My last purchase will be done before the first 3 from 5+ months ago. :cry:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
themonk
Silent Operator

Post by themonk »

Just got this update:

Good afternoon:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues. Until we can get the issues resolved we will be implementing automated restarts of the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. We have determined that the restart of the servers clears “stuck threads” on the servers and improves the overall performance of eForms. We realize that the unscheduled restarts were disrupting your workday and this will allow you to plan around the scheduled restarts.

Restarts will take approximately one hour to complete during which time eForms will not be available. Again, this is only a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is implemented.

Again, daily restarts of the eForms servers will be conducted daily at the following times until further notice:

4:00 am – 5:00 am
9:00 am – 10:00 am
NOON – 1:00 pm
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Finally, Pay.gov has notified us that they will be upgrading their system on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 6:00 PM to Midnight Eastern Time. Pay.gov has advised us that systems using pay.gov will experience a service outage during this period. This means that you will not be able to pay the tax for the eForms 1 and 4 during this time period. Forms can be created and saved to your draft folder until the upgrade is completed and the taxes can be paid.

Thank you for your patience as we try to improve eForms.

Sincerely,

Lenora (Lee) Alston-Williams
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

themonk wrote:Just got this update:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues.
"Our experts have plenty of experience launching Healthcare.gov and will bring the same high level of satifaction to ATF's tech platform.

Chech back in 3 yrs to see what progress we've made.

Don't forget. Vote Early, Vote Often. Our voters are so committed that they continue to vote Dem even after deceased. Often in multiple counties and States per election.

Atny Gen Eric Holder"
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
Veritas
Silent But Deadly

Post by Veritas »

Site works I am using it right now, actually works better than it ever has! (seriously)
firstsgtsteiner
Silent Operator

Post by firstsgtsteiner »

Still working good, I was able to submit one today with no issue.... besides the missing $200 from my account.....
Prince Yamato
Silent But Deadly

Post by Prince Yamato »

This is going to sound stupid, but I had problems logging in and I just cleared cache from my browser and viola! it opened.
BigBoyToyz

Post by BigBoyToyz »

How much are they averaging a day now in taxes from paygov due to the quicker efile system.
I am thinking 100 million dollars a day right?
HossArms

Post by HossArms »

I am an FFL/SOT and I have been trying to enter some form 4s for customers all afternoon. Now I cant even log in. Is anyone else having problems?
I have had numerous problems with the site. Earlier today it seemed to be working better than I have ever experienced. Then, when I got to the screen to submit it said there was a problem connecting to the server. Once I got connected again all the info I had previously input was gone.
In my past experiences I have never had the site tell me that a form was submitted. After clicking submit and entering my password it thinks for about 20 mins they says there is a problem with the server. I do, eventually, get an email saying it has been submitted. So I guess that means it is in the system.
I have never spent less than 4 hours submitting a form. A process that takes only a few minutes if I fill out paper forms.
Today when I would upload a file it would count to 100% twice then the file would not appear on the list.
The pay button brings up a window with a close button and nothing else, even after giving it 30 mins to load.
I have forms that say they have been submitted, but they appear in both the submitted and draft folder.

I started using the site because my customers have been asking about it. The faster approval time is a big plus, but not if I have to sit at my computer for half of it.
Kramer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Kramer »

So much for the efile, Form 1 time for my corp transfers...as usual.