SBR engraving

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

blues addict

SBR engraving

Post by blues addict »

Tried a search but didn't really find an answer. I have a trust. What do I need on the side of an AR lower to do a form 1 SBR? How deep / wide for the letters? Any help appreciated.
blues addict

Re: SBR engraving

Post by blues addict »

I got it.
tootall

Post by tootall »

For a place to do the engraving, I had great work done by Gray Laser (TX)... I sent the lowers to them prior to the SBRs being approved... If your lower is already an SBR, that is not an issue, Gray Laser is a CL 2/7 (IIRC) FFL...

Great workmanship and service.. (I'm just a happy customer)...

Search Gray Laser here..
robertmcm

Post by robertmcm »

Though I am new on this board, I have to put in a plug for Orion Arms. They have engraved four for me so far. The last was a batch of 3. They were delivered to him on a Friday, and I received a notification from ups on the following Monday that they were shipping back to me. He basically had my lowers for one business day. Engraved front mag well for me.
BamaCarry, American Suppressor Association, Benefactor Member NRA, Life Member GOA, Life Member SAF, Life Member CCRKBA, NRA Golden Eagles, Mobile Bay FNRA Committee Member.
Shady

Post by Shady »

without an upper a lower is not a SBR no mater if its marked that way or not.
danb35
Silent Operator

Post by danb35 »

For the sake of others who may search, you need to engrave your name (if the Form 1 is filed as an individual) or the complete name of the corp/LLC/trust (specifically, abbreviations to the trust name like RLT for revocable living trust aren't allowed), and the city and state where the SBR is made (which may or may not be the same as the address identified on the Form 1), and you may use standard postal abbreviations for the state. There is no requirement for the height of the engraving (the 1/16" requirement applies only to serial numbers), but the depth must be at least 0.003".