My FFL/SOT went out of business. Still has my can. Thoughts?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Vesper
Silent Operator

My FFL/SOT went out of business. Still has my can. Thoughts?

Post by Vesper »

Like the title says. Has this happened to anyone before? My can is with the owner just wondering if I should ride it out or transfer it???
Host: M41A Pulse Rifle
Can: Jelly Donut
Modeler

Re: My FFL/SOT went out of business. Still has my can. Thoug

Post by Modeler »

By "out of business" do you mean that he closed his shop? Or does he no longer have his FFL at all? Have you already submitted Form 4's for your items? Have you contacted him?

I had an acquaintance that lost his FFL, but the ATF allowed him to keep it long enough to finish the transfers that were already pending.
Vesper
Silent Operator

Post by Vesper »

Modeler wrote:By "out of business" do you mean that he closed his shop? Or does he no longer have his FFL at all? Have you already submitted Form 4's for your items? Have you contacted him?

I had an acquaintance that lost his FFL, but the ATF allowed him to keep it long enough to finish the transfers that were already pending.
His shop closed, business evaporated for him I guess. Already submitted form 4, 4 months into wait. I have been in contact via email. He has replied very promptly. Just makes me nervous. I mean, when this thing clears, I guess I pick it up at his house?!?!? Because that isn't shady!!! Lol
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Vesper wrote:
Modeler wrote:By "out of business" do you mean that he closed his shop? Or does he no longer have his FFL at all? Have you already submitted Form 4's for your items? Have you contacted him?

His shop closed, business evaporated for him I guess. Already submitted form 4, 4 months into wait. I have been in contact via email. He has replied very promptly. Just makes me nervous. I mean, when this thing clears, I guess I pick it up at his house?!?!? Because that isn't shady!!! Lol
Vesper, this happens often.

The Form4 transfer will complete as normal and when he gets the stamp you will go and sign for it just like normal, that 4473 will then be mailed by him to the ATF IO instead of being kept in his records.

Nothing to be worrying about.
Vesper
Silent Operator

Post by Vesper »

Bendersquint wrote:
Vesper wrote:

Vesper, this happens often.

The Form4 transfer will complete as normal and when he gets the stamp you will go and sign for it just like normal, that 4473 will then be mailed by him to the ATF IO instead of being kept in his records.

Nothing to be worrying about.
Thanks. I think at this point, I would weep if my can was lost to the abyss. Lol