Wait time after returning corrected form?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Modeler

Wait time after returning corrected form?

Post by Modeler »

So I made an error on my Form 1 when I sent it in back in December. Got it back on Saturday, corrected the error and mailed it off yesterday. Anyone know how long it's taking to get corrected forms approves and returned currently?
66427vette
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wait time after returning corrected form

Post by 66427vette »

9 weeks for one about 2 months back .
Modeler

Re: Wait time after returning corrected form

Post by Modeler »

66427vette wrote:9 weeks for one about 2 months back .
Thanks. It would have been faster to cancel the paper Form 1 and reapply via E-commerce.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Re: Wait time after returning corrected form?

Post by LawBob »

Modeler wrote:So I made an error on my Form 1 when I sent it in back in December. Got it back on Saturday, corrected the error and mailed it off yesterday. Anyone know how long it's taking to get corrected forms approves and returned currently?
My first sbr and sbs I had issues, corrected them (I put my name rather than just the trust name), 2 weeks later got them back w another new issue (I changed something other than the original issue-I put caliber multi on the sbr. Ironically, it had 12ga and the sbs had 5.56), 3 weeks later I got it back. Bit that was 2 years ago.
paper9
Silent But Deadly

Post by paper9 »

Probably about 4 weeks.
Modeler

Post by Modeler »

Thanks all. The problem is with the Trust name, the ATF interpreted my Trust Name to include the date it was signed. Which is silly. It's been that way for a while, but I just put the whole thing (name and date) on my Form 4's because, really, who cares? Except with this one they wanted me to engrave the whole thing, trust name and date on my SBR. Which I'm not going to do. So I amended the trust as directed by my Attorney and sent it back. Something similar happened a few years ago on my first Form 4 (I didn't include the date), back then it only took a couple weeks. I assume it's taking longer now.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

One week as of 1 day ago. Sent corrected form back Aug 16 (in the mail box) corrected form was stamped Aug 21, postmarked Aug 22, in my mail box Aug 25.
Modeler

Post by Modeler »

Well, that was quick. It arrived at the NFA Branch on Friday 8/22, was approved Tuesday 8/26 and arrived in my mailbox today, Saturday 8/30. Not too shabby, although I could have done without the coffee stain.