Trust changes now happening in January?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Trust changes now happening in January?

Post by QuIet Noob »

Local dealer says changes to trusts coming in January. Is he trying to sell more product through fear or has this come down from the BATFE?

This seems to pop up every once in a while.
rimshaker
Silent But Deadly

Re: Trust changes now happening in January?

Post by rimshaker »

Don't let this scare tactic rush your better judgement. The ruling date has been pushed back every 6 months since last year due to a number of reasons.

And even IF a final ruling comes out in January 2015, there's still several more months after that before the law actually goes into effect.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Do not let this dealer force your judgement in a sale, in fact I would go elsewhere as I would not trust his recommendations because of that.

He's trying to get a sale.

ATF has no public disclosed date, ONLY that there will be no decision this year.
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

That is what I figured. They don't have anything I want, I was just browsing and I overheard this comment. They have a reputation for being really expensive. They always have a great selection but pricing and this kind of stuff is why I don't buy from them. I see the latest and greatest (rifles, etc) and then have my guy order whatever I want. Silenced America or Silencer Shop gets my NFA money. Local and in stock!

Thanks for the replies.
danb35
Silent Operator

Post by danb35 »

rimshaker wrote:And even IF a final ruling comes out in January 2015, there's still several more months after that before the law actually goes into effect.
This is not necessarily the case--regulations can be made effective immediately after printing in the Federal Register. There can be, and often is, a delay, but it isn't required. The bottom line is that we just don't know, and nobody does (with the possible exception of some insiders at ATF, and they aren't talking).
blackops_1

Post by blackops_1 »

QuIet Noob wrote:That is what I figured. They don't have anything I want, I was just browsing and I overheard this comment. They have a reputation for being really expensive. They always have a great selection but pricing and this kind of stuff is why I don't buy from them. I see the latest and greatest (rifles, etc) and then have my guy order whatever I want. Silenced America or Silencer Shop gets my NFA money. Local and in stock!

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not on fb and never used them, but SA is gone apparently...

https://www.facebook.com/silencedamerica
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

blackops_1 wrote:
QuIet Noob wrote:That is what I figured. They don't have anything I want, I was just browsing and I overheard this comment. They have a reputation for being really expensive. They always have a great selection but pricing and this kind of stuff is why I don't buy from them. I see the latest and greatest (rifles, etc) and then have my guy order whatever I want. Silenced America or Silencer Shop gets my NFA money. Local and in stock!

Thanks for the replies.
I'm not on fb and never used them, but SA is gone apparently...

https://www.facebook.com/silencedamerica
Yes they are.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
QuIet Noob
Silent Operator

Post by QuIet Noob »

Man that is a bummer. What I liked about Scott is he always took responsibility for whatever happened. I hate to hear that he got in a jam.
LawBob
Silent But Deadly

Post by LawBob »

Has anyone talked to Scott lately? I haven't received a return call...
k5hep

Post by k5hep »

LawBob wrote:Has anyone talked to Scott lately? I haven't received a return call...
He is working three jobs and really does not have the time to return any calls (too many). He will answer a text pretty fast (usually the next day). l live in Amarillo and have can locked up in his jail as we speak... l have done business with him for many years, but l have mixed feelings over the whole issue. lf you would like to here more, send me an lM...
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

k5hep wrote:
LawBob wrote:Has anyone talked to Scott lately? I haven't received a return call...
He is working three jobs and really does not have the time to return any calls (too many). He will answer a text pretty fast (usually the next day). l live in Amarillo and have can locked up in his jail as we speak... l have done business with him for many years, but l have mixed feelings over the whole issue. lf you would like to here more, send me an lM...
I would be interested in hearing more.

-matt
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

There was a post on FB (NFA Guns page) yesterday, subsequently removed I guess, about what he's going through right now.

Short of it, sold guns, took money out of retirement, working 3 jobs to make customers whole (refunds as necessary).

Sucks what some customers have gone through, s--t happens, at least he's trying to make good (as good as can be) on it.