how many signatures equired on trust?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

how many signatures equired on trust?

Post by mr fixit »

Just wondering, I have a copy of a trust that I am using for a template to do my own. Of course it has a place for signatures of the notary, and the settler and any other named trustees. But, it also has a place to list 2 'witnesses' . I'm just wondering why. Is that something I must have, or was it just something 'thrown in'?

Does anybody else have those type signatures on their trusts?
batman4706
Silent Operator

Re: how many signatures equired on trust?

Post by batman4706 »

Might vary by state. I see you are in Texas, so am I, my trust has 2 witnesses. I just went to my bank and they notarized it for free & provided the witnesses.
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Here in Texas, Property Code 112.001, there is no mention of even having it notarized, let alone witnesses.

That being said, good idea to have the trustees sign it and get it notarized. Forget the witnesses.
sucker76
Silent Operator

Post by sucker76 »

I just did my trust and notarized it. I also live in Texas. There were no places for witnesses. The only signatures were for the setlor, trustee(s), and notary. Hope this helps.
Stamp collecting since 2015
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

mr fixit wrote:... I have a copy of a trust that I am using for a template to do my own. ... it also has a place to list 2 'witnesses' ...
Kinda makes me wonder about the validity of the rest of the trust language for your particular application.

But I'm not a lawyer so good luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
mr fixit
Silent But Deadly

Post by mr fixit »

doubloon wrote:
mr fixit wrote:... I have a copy of a trust that I am using for a template to do my own. ... it also has a place to list 2 'witnesses' ...
Kinda makes me wonder about the validity of the rest of the trust language for your particular application.

But I'm not a lawyer so good luck.
I have a friend that is into NFA toys. Several of us were talking one day and he was telling us how easy it is to buy them (toys). Talk got around to the paperwork. He had a lawyer do his trust, and offered us a copy of it.