I get threatened after calling out my senator on some BS gun talk.

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jer
Silent Operator

I get threatened after calling out my senator on some BS gun talk.

Post by Jer »

In West Virginia we've been trying to get a Constitutional Carry bill passed. It passed the House by a wide margin and it passed the Senate by 30-4 - a true landslide.

Then Bloomberg got involved - started tossing money to Sen. Joe Manchin who took to the airways and started telling all sorts of lies about the bill and eventually convinced the Gov. to Veto the bill.

So I called him out on that in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8tingOWZwA

And then I got hate mail and even a few threats. It was insane.

So, I decided to fight back using nothing but logic, reason and a calm voice. And I posted this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8v0kmx9B_Q

Apparently the second video worked - not one singular piece of hate mail in the last 24 hours....well, maybe it's because they are all at church... :cool:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Re: I get threatened after calling out my senator on some BS gun talk.

Post by johndoe3 »

Good response in the 2nd video, explaining fully about the importance of the 2nd in relation to the 1st, 14th and other amendments to the constitution.

As an outsider to WV, however, I didn't understand the link in your first video to Senator Manchin's duplicity and taking Bloomberg's money, to your current Guv vetoing the Constitutional Carry bill. Is there merely an implied link, or is there evidence of Bloomberg or Senator Manchin strong-arming the WV Guv to veto it or calling him on the phone asking him to veto it? Maybe your Guv is just weak-kneed about change?
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
Jer
Silent Operator

Post by Jer »

johndoe3 wrote:Good response in the 2nd video, explaining fully about the importance of the 2nd in relation to the 1st, 14th and other amendments to the constitution.

As an outsider to WV, however, I didn't understand the link in your first video to Senator Manchin's duplicity and taking Bloomberg's money, to your current Guv vetoing the Constitutional Carry bill. Is there merely an implied link, or is there evidence of Bloomberg or Senator Manchin strong-arming the WV Guv to veto it or calling him on the phone asking him to veto it? Maybe your Guv is just weak-kneed about change?

Thank you for the compliments on the video.

As for Manchin's involvement, here is the text of 1 of thousands of news articles you can find in WV on this. This one from NPR...
U.S. Senator Joe Manchin says he opposes a bill that would remove permit and training requirements for carrying a concealed weapon in West Virginia.

Members of the House of Delegates approved Senate Bill 347 Thursday allowing anyone over the age of 21 to carry a concealed weapon without a permit in the state. The bill as approved by the Senate would have set the age minimum at 18.

In a news release Thursday, Manchin noted that he is a member of the National Rifle Association and considers himself an advocate of the Second Amendment. However, Manchin said allowing a person to carry a concealed weapon without a permit or training is "irresponsible" and "dangerous."

"There is not one West Virginian whose Second Amendment rights will be infringed without this bill. With the right to bear arms comes the responsibility to use it in a safe and reasonable manner," Manchin said in the Thursday news release.

"In West Virginia, we believe in gun sense, which is common sense, and it only makes common sense for concealed carry applicants to receive proper training. I commend the brave legislators who voted no and represented their constituents who know that this is irresponsible. I strongly oppose Senate Bill 347.”

Members of the Senate will have to reconsider the House amendment before approving the final bill. Governor Tomblin has not said if he will sign the legislation.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, shall make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy.
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

What did they threaten you with, a stern talking to? We're the armed ones...
Proper grammar is awesome.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

ThaDoubleJ wrote:What did they threaten you with, a stern talking to? We're the armed ones...
Terrorists can use nails and pressurecookers. They don't restrict themselves to lawful weapons.
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
ThaDoubleJ
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThaDoubleJ »

Good point
Proper grammar is awesome.