How do you explain Donal Trump

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: How do you explain Donal Trump

Post by whiterussian1974 »

bakerjw wrote:"Trailer park mentality"
That is an insult. Always figured you were above stooping that low.
That was Stengun. Please attribute your quote so that we others aren't lumped in.

And isn't it funny how it's Racist to say Ghetto, but trailerpark is somehow allowed? Just like Comedy Central bleeps "Negro" but airs "Cracker," "Honkie," etc.

Making special rules for 1 Race to the exclusion of others is by definition racist. (A side rant w little connect to this thread other than the term "TrailerPark.")
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

I understand people get swept into a candidate's bandwagon, but some of the hyperbolic language surrounding this election is over the top.
Case in point, Glenn Beck calling Trump another Adolph Hitler on the ABC This Week show today.

http://http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/0 ... ler-video/

Just a few days ago, Glenn Beck, who vocally is for Ted Cruz, talked about stabbing Trump repeatedly until he is dead. The Secret Service is investigating Beck for that over the top remark, even though it was meant metaphorically.

It seems to me that Glenn Beck can advocate for Ted Cruz, but keep it on the up and up by focusing on why he thinks Cruz is the best choice, and not slandering the other candidates.

Mitt Romney kind of did the same thing this past week, talking down to voters as if they were children unable to think for themselves. Mitt: a lot of voters voted for you in 2012, not because they thought you were the perfect candidate, but was the lesser of two evils.

I have faith in the American people to sift through the issues and choose a good candidate--except where they spurned Rand Paul and for the Dems who mindlessly vote for that witch, Hillary. :wink:
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

johndoe3 wrote:Mitt: a lot of voters voted for you in 2012, not because they thought you were the perfect candidate, but was the lesser of two evils.

I have faith in the American people to sift through the issues and choose a good candidate--except where they spurned Rand Paul and for the Dems who mindlessly vote for that witch, Hillary. :wink:
Wonderfully stated. :)
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

johndoe3 wrote: I have faith in the American people to sift through the issues and choose a good candidate
Really? That surprises me that you say that. I do not.
-----
Ick
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

Ick:
Really? That surprises me that you say that. I do not.
Ick, it was a snarky imbedded joke on my part (dressed up as the opposite with optimism).

The exceptions to the general statement are: 1. those who spurned Rand Paul [since Rand was about 5-6% in support, then the exception excludes ~95% of Republican voters.] 2. those who vote for Hillary [excludes most Dems].

So...except for excluding 80-90% of voters, I have faith in the voters to choose a good candidate. :)
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Whew. I was concerned that you were using a mind-altering substance or something.
-----
Ick
tripntx
Silent Operator

Post by tripntx »

Tonight is proving again people don't want a person who is controlled by the GOP to be President. I want Cruz to win, but as long as the GOP elites keep trying to force their people on us then Trump will continue to win over Cruz. Just imagine how well Cruz would have done if Rubio and Kasich were out of the race.

Didn't the GOP perform an autopsy report after their horrendous loss due to Romney's failure in 2012? It seems they still haven't learned, and currently the GOP attacks on Trump is costing a lot of money, with nothing in return for them.

We have Trump at the front because the GOP elites continue to let conservatives down.
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Conservatives make up what , about 20% on a good day of the electorate? Romney was about as conservative as the rest of us can stomach. Given the choice between Cruz and Hillary Clinton ...I'd just stay home.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

YugoRPK wrote:Given the choice between Cruz and Hillary Clinton ...I'd just stay home.
What disgusts you about Cruz?
---
Something looks different about you Yugo. Did you get an enhancement?
The muzzle looks a bit larger. :lol:
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I think that a big segment of Trump supporters see a guy with a smokin' hot wife and a bunch of cash and figure "That guy knows something I don't. He should be in charge." Yes, I do think it's that shallow and that simple. I don't think of myself as a "Trump fan" but given the choice between a billionaire businessman and a communist, I will vote Trump.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

jlwilliams wrote:I think that a big segment of Trump supporters see a guy with a smokin' hot wife and a bunch of cash and figure "That guy knows something I don't. He should be in charge." Yes, I do think it's that shallow and that simple. I don't think of myself as a "Trump fan" but given the choice between a billionaire businessman and a communist, I will vote Trump.
No argument to any of this, but I'd add that Trump is more of a con-man than a businessman. He's persuasive enough to gather external capital for his perpetually failing business ventures. His name continues to move him forward, not keen business strategies.

The easy way to test this for yourself is to see if his business failures have lost or gained him money. He continues to accumulate personal wealth despite the string of losses by his investors: that's called a 'scam'.

I'm very much pro-capitalism, but Trump embodies the worst aspects of capitalism, and frankly, gives capitalism a bad name.

--- ETA --- Just to be clear: I'm not voting for Sanders or Clinton, and I am voting specifically against them.
tripntx
Silent Operator

Post by tripntx »

YugoRPK wrote:Conservatives make up what , about 20% on a good day of the electorate? Romney was about as conservative as the rest of us can stomach. Given the choice between Cruz and Hillary Clinton ...I'd just stay home.
That's the type of attitude which buts Hillary or Bernie in the White House.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

tripntx wrote:
YugoRPK wrote:Conservatives make up what , about 20% on a good day of the electorate? Romney was about as conservative as the rest of us can stomach. Given the choice between Cruz and Hillary Clinton ...I'd just stay home.
That's the type of attitude which buts Hillary or Bernie in the White House.
Romney was hardly Conservative.
He's a Mormon that supported Abortion. He instituted RomneyCare and gave the Blueprint for Obamacare.

He's interested in his own interests over those of who he represents. I'd say that he was TrumpLite.

From Wiki: "Romney supported raising various fees, including those for drivers' licenses and gun licenses, to raise more than $300 million.[173][188] He increased a special gasoline retailer fee by two cents per gallon, generating about $60 million per year in additional revenue.[173][188] Opponents said the reliance on fees sometimes imposed a hardship on those who could least afford them.[188] Romney also closed tax loopholes that brought in another $181 million from businesses over the next two years and over $300 million for his term.[173][194][195] He did so in the face of conservative and corporate critics who viewed these actions as tax increases.[194][195]"
---
Hillary and Bernie will butt into the WhiteHouse unless workers rise up against them and SS stops them on the Lawn. Hopefully the next Pres won't use TransGendered Agents who are more concerned about their lipstick and nailpolish than protecting their Principle Subjects.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

YugoRPK wrote:Conservatives make up what , about 20% on a good day of the electorate? Romney was about as conservative as the rest of us can stomach.
How do you figure this? I'd wager that the number of people who publicly self-identify as 'conservative' is lower than reality, but the number of people who embrace conservative values while eschewing the label of 'conservative' is much, much higher.

Regan proves that theory of 'about-as-conservative-as-we-can-stomach' wrong. No, it doesn't 'prove it wrong', it destroys it utterly. Romney failed to win because he wasn't conservative enough.

A quick Google search of "what are conservative values?" yielded this:
Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems. Conservatives believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense.
Americans, by-and-large, tend to believe in personal responsibility, lowering taxes, markets that are more free, more individual liberty, and a apple-pie and baseball. Or at least, when polled this is what people believe in.

The reason people don't publicly self-identify as 'conservative' is because that moniker has been repeatedly tarnished by the liberal media who paint conservatives as racist, homophobic, xenophobic bigots.... and who the hell wants to be associated with that?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Way I see it youve got 20 ish % of the country self identifying as conservatives pushing a conservative social agenda on the 40-50% of the voters who are active in or consider themselves a part of the Republican Party. The government has no place pushing a social agenda. They fix roads and arm soldiers and allow for trade deals. Thats all I want to hear about from elected officials. Trump is not a conservative but he is a classic , albeit more outspoken, type of Republican ( IF he really even is one ) that has been pushed to the wayside for a generation or so or at least since Reagan ( who wasnt actually all that conservative either if you look at his spending habits ). Trump is more of the Rockefeller type but with a big populist mouth. I can identify with that being as my sig says I'm more of a Country Club Republican . I just don't believe anything Trump says. Cruz on the other hand is a conservative but he's so far to the right I for one think he'll cause a backlash and we'd end up with another Democratic Congress were he to get elected.

In any case Cruz isnt going to get elected or even nominated. Its going to be Hillary and Trump. Unless I'm reading this wrong Hillary is going to get the majority of humans without penis's votes , the majority of Mexican Americans votes and the majority of Black votes. Not a single white guy needs to ( or will ) vote for her and she'll carry the election. Then she gets to nominate a supreme court justice after which it will be more of the same with her locking up against Congress.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

YugoRPK wrote:Unless I'm reading this wrong Hillary is going to get the majority of humans without penis's votes...
97% of the Deceased have already pleadged votes to Hillary. The Dead have been a Dem voting Bloc for over a century. :shock: :cry:
Hokie

Post by Hokie »

johndoe3 wrote:I understand people get swept into a candidate's bandwagon, but some of the hyperbolic language surrounding this election is over the top.
Case in point, Glenn Beck calling Trump another Adolph Hitler on the ABC This Week show today.

http://http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/0 ... ler-video/

Just a few days ago, Glenn Beck, who vocally is for Ted Cruz, talked about stabbing Trump repeatedly until he is dead. The Secret Service is investigating Beck for that over the top remark, even though it was meant metaphorically.

It seems to me that Glenn Beck can advocate for Ted Cruz, but keep it on the up and up by focusing on why he thinks Cruz is the best choice, and not slandering the other candidates.
Not true He joked that he would stab Stu His Producer. There is audio that clearly shows He said that after Stu makes fun of Glenn's sitting in there shoes error.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03 ... se-enough/

Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski assaults a reporter and still has a job.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... le-fields/

https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/7080 ... wsrc%5Etfw
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

YugoRPK wrote:Way I see it youve got 20 ish % of the country self identifying as conservatives pushing a conservative social agenda on the 40-50% of the voters who are active in or consider themselves a part of the Republican Party. The government has no place pushing a social agenda. They fix roads and arm soldiers and allow for trade deals. Thats all I want to hear about from elected officials. Trump is not a conservative but he is a classic , albeit more outspoken, type of Republican ( IF he really even is one ) that has been pushed to the wayside for a generation or so or at least since Reagan ( who wasnt actually all that conservative either if you look at his spending habits ). Trump is more of the Rockefeller type but with a big populist mouth. I can identify with that being as my sig says I'm more of a Country Club Republican . I just don't believe anything Trump says. Cruz on the other hand is a conservative but he's so far to the right I for one think he'll cause a backlash and we'd end up with another Democratic Congress were he to get elected.

In any case Cruz isnt going to get elected or even nominated. Its going to be Hillary and Trump. Unless I'm reading this wrong Hillary is going to get the majority of humans without penis's votes , the majority of Mexican Americans votes and the majority of Black votes. Not a single white guy needs to ( or will ) vote for her and she'll carry the election. Then she gets to nominate a supreme court justice after which it will be more of the same with her locking up against Congress.
What is a 'conservative social agenda'? Can you spell out what that is specifically?

Trump isn't a conservative. Trump isn't even a GOP. Just because he's calling himself a Republican doesn't mean sht; I can call myself a unicorn and that don't make it so. Trump spent the last 40 years propping up Democrats with CASH. He can say all he wants, but his ACTIONS are that he's a Democrat.

What the hell is "so far to the right"? You mean he's actually serious about enforcing the laws on the books? What's political about that?

Hillary would get nominated if no one voted for her in the primary. Look at that sht in Michigan; Sanders won, but Hillary got the state because the delegates had pledged themselves to her. There was not even a reason for her to campaign there.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

We are a nation of men, not of laws. Obama, Trump, and Hillary prove it.
-----
Ick