Can't vote for either POTUS candidate.

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Can't vote for either POTUS candidate.

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Like the title says.
I've always voted, although usualy against the one I liked least rather than for anyone I liked alot. Most of the time I felt like even if my choice didnt get elected the government would either be in gridlock, with minimal damage being done, or swing back to center after 8 years. I just can't imagine myself voting for Hillary or Donald and have real fear over what damage either could do while in office.

Let's please keep this thread for those who feel frustration over not having a single decent candidate for president. I know I'm not the only one staying home on election day?

If you know who you will vote for and feel the need to spew hatred against or show love for either candidate, please start your own thread.
It's not a silencer, it's a can of whoopass!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Can't vote for either POTUS candidate.

Post by whiterussian1974 »

I had contemplated writing in "Ted Cruz." But now I think that Trump is both a vote against Hillary and GOP Rhinos. (Is a non-Rino an oxymoron?)

So unless Trump REALLY ticks me off b/f Nov, I'll hold my nose and select him.
(I often vote Split Ticket. Some Dem local judges are better. Conservatives are sometimes too much like Taliban when it comes to being "tough on crime" and not using any compassion in their Rulings.)
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

While outside your problem in the sense that I have no vote, I can certainly empathize. Having been through a number of elections in which I've had to basically hold my nose while putting an X in the box of the least offensive candidate, I get it, this election for you guys is shaping up to be a major fail no matter which way it goes. Good luck, I guess? The corporate machinery the electoral process has become seems determined to make a complete mockery of whatever passed for democracy in years past. These potential candidates give us outsiders one more reason to be thankful we're not Americans... while simultaneously feeling frustration that as your nation's policies and practices have such vast consequences globally, not having any practical say in the outcome is a bit unfair. Seems a fair bet that if non-Americans could cast ballots with, for example, a 1/10th weight compared to a US domestic vote, neither Clinton nor Trump would even be on the slate.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

a_canadian wrote:thankful we're not Americans... while simultaneously feeling frustration that as your nation's policies and practices have such vast consequences globally, not having any practical say in the outcome is a bit unfair. Seems a fair bet that if non-Americans could cast ballots with, for example, a 1/10th weight compared to a US domestic vote, neither Clinton nor Trump would even be on the slate.
True. But the UN and EU show the problems THAT engenders.

1- Lack of Sovereignty.
2- Everyone with their ladles in the pot, but noone wants to contribute more than a radish or carrot.
3- Rule by Committee and the Elites.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Yeah, well, power corrupts. So wherever the vote is coming from, whatever the results, those at the top and their masters in the shadows (or more and more in the open it seems, as their power becomes so consolidated that exposure doesn't matter) will rob us all to further secure their positions. One day maybe we'll grow up and stop wanting leaders of any but the intellectual sort. Teachers to emulate, not powerful masters to obey, who pretend to be our servants so they can access our funding and labour.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I hadn't thought of a write in, maybe I will. I know I'll show for the other lines on the ballot, but just sad, maybe we'll get someone to run independent.
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

I support Gary Johnson. Clinton and trump both suck
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

What's wrong with government gridlock?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

poikilotrm wrote:What's wrong with government gridlock?
It's probably one of the few things protecting any shred of Freedoms that yet remain.

That was the purpose of the 3 Branch system. To provide Checks and Balances and require "Advice and Consent."

We've gotten too accustomed to the past Caesars. Now we no longer recall how a Republic functions. The Masses have placed our Future in Nietzsche's Ubermensch to rule by Fiat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_(policy_debate)
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Nothing, I actualy think our forefathers built so many checks and balances in to prevent the pendulum from swinging too far or too fast. I don't want far right or left to "win" overall. A bad plan will still have good parts that will survive the other sides getting the upper hand and stripping out the worst parts. When power is distributed it forces conversation, inavation and compromise. When it is not, lack of movement in the wrong direction is progress.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

fishman wrote:Clinton and trump both suck
You have placed the most horible 69 image in my head!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

CanOfWhooppass wrote:
fishman wrote:Clinton and trump both suck
You have placed the most horible 69 image in my head!
I was disappointed by 'Who's Nailin' Palin.' The Palin lookalike was attractive, and the actress who simulated Hillary was fairly close for that scene. But neither were my types. Nor did I care for the Plot and acting.

A Trump/Clinton x-parody? If Ivanka and Trumps wife were involved, that could be nice. Maybe a Face-Off type competition where they 'convince' voters? Gang-bang style?

Hmmm. I might watch that. But doubt that I'd buy it. Unless it was a fund-raising attempt by the 2 Parties. If it featured Trumps actual wife and daughter, I'd definitely pay $100 for the DVD as a Political Donation. It's probably the only way that I'll donate for this Fed Election. (It WOULD be Tax deductible right?) 8)

(Note to ALL readers. This is a joke based upon Political Satire and Entertainment Parody only. These aren't my actual beliefs or intentions.)
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

I think if there is no candidate with a "strongly dislike" rating below 30% they should joust and the loosing party gets to pick a new candidate.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Post by Michael Black 47 »

am I the only one that wants to see Ret. Gen. James Maddess become president.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Michael Black 47 wrote:am I the only one that wants to see Ret. Gen. James Maddess become president.
It is Mattis and F--k no.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
Capt. Link.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Capt. Link. »

Michael Black 47 wrote:am I the only one that wants to see Ret. Gen. James Maddess become president.
I have no issue with Trump and Mad Dog running as VP.
I did not like the other candidates and think Trump will be a good president.This county has no future if Killery gets in office.
-CL
The only reason after 243 years the government now wants to disarm you is they intend to do something you would shoot them for!
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Gyrkin

Post by Gyrkin »

Yes, Trump may be repulsive, but Hillary is downright terrifying. Supreme Court Justice appointments are going to be huge in the next four years. If Hillary gets in, and gets Justices even close to what she wants confirmed we are going to be in a world of hurt.
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

Gyrkin wrote:Yes, Trump may be repulsive, but Hillary is downright terrifying. Supreme Court Justice appointments are going to be huge in the next four years. If Hillary gets in, and gets Justices even close to what she wants confirmed we are going to be in a world of hurt.
I agree on Hillary, but think Trump will screw up foreign policy, strain our allies and his ego can easily get into a war. Both are entirely unacceptable to me.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Capt. Link. wrote:
I have no issue with Trump and Mad Dog running as VP.
I did not like the other candidates and think Trump will be a good president.This county has no future if Killery gets in office.
-CL
I'm glad you caught the whole reference to the whole mad dog Mattis. Probably no matter who gets elected I will be facing another deployment
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

I would love government gridlock but after we get a few things rolled back. A few may be an understatement.

With gridlock in mind I believe we have a better chance at getting nothing significant done with Trump in office instead of more of the wrong things done with Hillary in office. She may not have congressional support now but with a couple wrong turns in the house and senate it's possible she may get support to do more harm than Trump.

Trump will never get support to do the stupid things he rants about but maybe, just maybe, he can be tempered against the house and senate and get a couple good changes made.

If I thought the country was where it should be already Jeb or some other do nothing might be my ideal candidate.

As it is I'll vote against Hillary. I believe writing a third choice in the ballot will do nothing to change the outcome for the electoral college in Texas unless there is a landslide of write ins but why take the chance of handing the Texas electorate over to Hillary?

I honestly believe there are no good candidates. As it stands I think a vote for Trump is a clear message to the dem's we don't want the America they want to build as well as a clear message to the GOP they need to change their ways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
CanOfWhooppass
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanOfWhooppass »

There is more than one election at stake. With changing demographics and Trump attacking Mexicans, Latinos, Muslims etc. He may ensure there is not another republican president for decades. He is 180 degrees from where they need to go and will be there spokesmen for 4 years at least. War time presidents almost always get reelected, if he had been in office would we be ar war with Russia in eastern Europe right now? Or Syria, or...
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

CanOfWhooppass wrote:There is more than one election at stake. With changing demographics... He may ensure there is not another republican president for decades. He is 180 degrees from where they need to go and will be there spokesmen for 4 years at least.
I think that Doubloon is right. The GOP congress will be an 'opposition party' to Trump. Maybe they would concede to Hillary b/c it would mean lining their own pockets.

I think that voters will see that Trump isn't GOP. Then, they can decide which they prefer. Trump or GOP Rinos.

And Trump is unlikely to attack a Foreign Nation. He blusters and shakes a Big Stick, but so did Reagan.

What precisely is required to launch an attack or trigger nukes? Does the Defense Sec have to concur w an Invasion or Attack Order? Can anyone like a NorAD Group Commander countermand a Launch Order? I think that the DefCon level has to be at 2 or 1 before a Launch can take place. Otherwise 2 guys in a silo could decide to trigger Ar-Megeddon. There has to be at LEAST a 3-stage process before the missiles can fly.

THe Football code to Release Weapons-free. A Strike Contingency Code telling exactly which missiles to launch, their Targets, and MERV coordinates/yields. The DefCon going above 3. The National Command Authority communicating with the Missile Wing Network. And the Missile Wing giving permission to Launch.

Some missiles might also require the cryogenic fuels be loaded into the fuel tanks and Hardware Safeties be disabled. Maintenance or Security Personnel does this. The Launch Officers must key in the Contingency Scenario. And code the Yields and Targets.

Then they must use their own Judgement whether it makes sense to Launch. A Trade Dispute probably doesn't meet the Standard to which they've been trained. Then again, they don't get Live TV in the Silos. So they only know what their Commanders tell them via Secure Data Links.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Sorry for the duplicate posts, I kept getting some kind of error when I hit submit and didn't realize the posts were going through.

I also like my chances with SCOTUS nominations better with Trump than Hillary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I am voting for Gary Johnson.
Michael Black 47
Silent But Deadly

Here's one for you sense using general James Mattis was not like. how about Gary Sinise?