Who does this guy think he is? Stating that he doesn't need a stamp for F1?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Who does this guy think he is? Stating that he doesn't need a stamp for F1?

Post by poikilotrm »

cpy911 wrote:So libel is not harmful according to your morality? You see black and white. Physical hurt is bad and words can't harm anyone.
No. Hurtful words are just hurtful words. If your words cause monetary damage, then there is demonstrable harm. If your words incite violence, then there is harm. But being a big meanie ain't the same thing. Don't go all trigger warning on us.
Like I said, you are not looking at the details here.
Your morality that you impose has many implications. Your morality may be damaging and you don't know it.

Since my morality consists of avoiding harm to others, in what way is it harmful to others?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cpy911 »

So Libel is ok, so long as it does not result in monetary damage because they are words only. Correct?
Probably not best in long run.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... -the-brain
poikilotrm wrote:
cpy911 wrote:So libel is not harmful according to your morality? You see black and white. Physical hurt is bad and words can't harm anyone.
No. Hurtful words are just hurtful words. If your words cause monetary damage, then there is demonstrable harm. If your words incite violence, then there is harm. But being a big meanie ain't the same thing. Don't go all trigger warning on us.
Like I said, you are not looking at the details here.
Your morality that you impose has many implications. Your morality may be damaging and you don't know it.

Since my morality consists of avoiding harm to others, in what way is it harmful to others?
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

cpy911 wrote:So Libel is ok, so long as it does not result in monetary damage because they are words only. Correct?
Bravo Foxtrot Hotel.

Sorry man, I ain't buying it. And in the long run we're all dead anyway, so...
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cpy911 »

Sending good karma your way. Hopefully we don't all nuke ourselves on this rock any time soon.
cpy911 clear.
poikilotrm wrote:
cpy911 wrote:So Libel is ok, so long as it does not result in monetary damage because they are words only. Correct?
Bravo Foxtrot Hotel.

Sorry man, I ain't buying it. And in the long run we're all dead anyway, so...
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

Monetary damages aren't required to prove harm. Pain, suffering, mental distress are all eligible for civil torts.

But sending armed troops to kidnap, ag assault, and potentially kill over being called 'silly' for paying a tax...that seems like a Greater Harm.
---
35NCO: This is the Law and Politics section of the Site. It's easy to quickly escalate.
Let's just be glad there isn't a 'one and only true religion' section. :shock: :? :( :roll: :lol:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cpy911 »

Another guy running a suppressor that does not look registered. The revolt is on!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDn6RUDuA3U
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Not really a revolt. Just tax-cheating. The same happens on a mass scale every Apr15.

And Ag Assault, Extortion, Kidnapping by government occurs every hr of every day in nearly every country on Earth.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Not seeing a suppressor there. I'm seeing a big heavy filter thingy mounted on a rifle and the resulting report on firing sounds like a loud-ass nail gun. Not exactly useful suppression. Not something the ATF needs to worry about, what with all the super stealthy ninja assassins sneaking around innawoods waiting to take out ATF agents or whatever. Seriously, did anyone make it past about 30 seconds of this annoying kid's video?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

I watched what the AK did to the core. (It just compressed it.)
cpy911
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cpy911 »

He can do a core replacement without an SOT now that the revolution has started!
whiterussian1974 wrote:I watched what the AK did to the core. (It just compressed it.)
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

cpy911 wrote:He can do a core replacement without an SOT now that the revolution has started!
whiterussian1974 wrote:I watched what the AK did to the core. (It just compressed it.)
Are you suggesting a Boston Recore Party? :mrgreen:

Let's not forget that refusal to pay unjust Taxes is how this country was formed. Should we make our FICA and NFA payments to UK?

We're not coming down on you. But according to your Requirement to Snitch theory, we are still Colonies of the Crown.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

--
Last edited by 0101silent on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

0101silent wrote:
whiterussian1974 wrote:But sending armed troops to kidnap, ag assault, and potentially kill over being called 'silly' for paying a tax...that seems like a Greater Harm.
---
...So unconstitutional laws must be enforced? If there were laws stating that you were REQUIRED to receive anal penetration from any man wishing so under penalty of having your hands and feet crushed, and then burn you over 60% of your body; is that a law that requires enforcement for a well-heeled population of Serfs?

Would you also line up to rape the woman for being 'immodest' in Arab countries? Or first in line to burn the woman at the stake for practicing herbalism? Stone the gay man even if he commits no overt act?

Let's not forget the Purpose of Law. Rather than just mindlessly succumb.
...says the former prison guard and current police officer.
Yes. I understand and practice the difference b/t Constitutional/Ethical/Natural Laws and those of the Elites. :wink:
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Not trying to pick a fight, honestly. But doesn't it seem your statements reinforce the all too commonly held perception that police understand their role as being a law unto themselves, while the rest of us non-police must toe the line or get locked away, or worse? Perhaps I'm failing to understand, and you are actually stating that every citizen has the same rights you do, to obey laws or not depending on personally held beliefs?
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

I'm stating that I don't typically arrest for possession of minor quantities of illicit drugs/alcohol. I don't write tickets for less than 5mph speeding over posted limit. Often only giving 'warnings' so that I meet my 'contact' quotas, but don't fine people for nuisance offenses.

My posts here have been Libertarian in nature. Decrying the 'snitch' culture. It's the mark of Totalitarian Tyranny.

And I hold my own behavior to a higher standard. I never drink in public, never imbibe illicit substances, rarely use foul language except for emphasis in telling jokes, and have a largely 'laisee fare' approach when it comes to personal interactions.

I'm harsh when it comes to violent crimes, let the Victim determine how to handle Property crimes, and tend 'not to notice' offenses against the 'name' of the State.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

I'd further add that as Dr Martin Luther King, jr stated; sometimes it's a person's DUTY to disobey unjust laws. That Laws of God and Nature carry force, while those of Man are only valid under the Social Contract and coercive Threat of Force.

The Boston Tea Party and Declaration of Independence which secured our Freedoms from tyrannical rule under British or any other Crown/Sovereign/Committee; are precisely the Theories that we're discussing. Those wishing to strictly observe and enforce 'Supremacy of Law' would have also hung Gen George Washington, Pres Thomas Jefferson, etc. Something a free people should consider.
sic0048

Post by sic0048 »

I probably shouldn't jump in here with my first post, but what they heck, I've never held back before.

To those saying this is a constitutional issue aren't considering two things
- first, a silencer is not a firearm. Therefore it is not a constitutionally protected item.
- second, the Supreme Court decides which laws are constitutional and which laws are not. Until the Supreme Court says a law is unconstitutional, it is considered to be a valid law. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just because you think a law infringes on your rights granted by the constitution, you still have to follow those laws until the Supreme Court overturns them as being unconstitutional.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

sic0048 wrote:To those saying this is a constitutional issue aren't considering two things
- first, a silencer is not a firearm. Therefore it is not a constitutionally protected item.
- second, the Supreme Court decides which laws are constitutional and which laws are not. Until the Supreme Court says a law is unconstitutional, it is considered to be a valid law. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Just because you think a law infringes on your rights granted by the constitution, you still have to follow those laws until the Supreme Court overturns them as being unconstitutional.
You're wrong on both counts.

1- The ATF classifies suppressors as Firearms, therefore they are regulated as firearms.
2- SCOTUS interprets the Constitution. The Burden of Proof is upon those CREATING the restrictions to our Rights. Not on those wishing to PRESERVE the Rights that so many Generations of USA Citizens and non-citizens have fought for.
2b- You don't seem to be from a Legal Background. You are neglecting so many Legal Theories including Nullification. If everyone follows the Laws until the Courts overturn them, there will NEVER be laws questioned in Court, because they lack the Principle of Standing.
wiki wrote:In the United States, the current doctrine is that a person cannot bring a suit challenging the constitutionality of a law unless the plaintiff can demonstrate that he/she/it is or will "imminently" be harmed by the law. Otherwise, the court will rule that the plaintiff "lacks standing" to bring the suit, and will dismiss the case without considering the merits of the claim of unconstitutionality.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

sic0048 wrote:
- second, the Supreme Court decides which laws are constitutional and which laws are not.
Please show where that power is delegated to the SCOTUS by the Constitution.
Just because you think a law infringes on your rights granted by the constitution, you still have to follow those laws until the Supreme Court overturns them as being unconstitutional.
Mmmm, nope. In fact. the SCOTUS agrees with me. All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution of the United States are null and void per Marbury v. Madison.