Controversy in PA over independent review on police shootings

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

In PA they propose Grand Jury review on police shootings, a good solution?

There should be an independent review of police shootings
56%
No, the police are capable of their own review of a shooting
No votes
A clear process protects both police and the community
33%
Other solution
11%

Total votes: 9

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Controversy in PA over independent review on police shootings

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.guns.com/2017/10/31/pa-state ... ng-policy/

There is a big controversy brewing in PA. The PA District Attorneys Association has proposed an independent review of police shootings using the Grand Jury. The police would investigate all police shootings as in the past, but then an independent review by non-police would determine whether the police shooter would face discipline or charges. The intent is to give the community an opportunity to weigh in on the actions of their police and also to avoid possible cover-ups.

The PA State Police strongly disagree, and have submitted a counter-proposal that all police shootings should be determined by their own protocols without outside independent review.

What say you?
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Controversy in PA over independent review on police shootings

Post by poikilotrm »

Cockroaches hate light.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Controversy in PA over independent review on police shootings

Post by a_canadian »

Yup. Here in Canuckistan a high court just squashed two lying cops' last plea to dismiss charges of perjury and other crimes relating to the murder by multiple Tasers of an unarmed, frightened man in an airport, Robert Dziekanski a decade ago. He had spent 10 hours somehow lost behind the scenes after a flight from Poland to visit his mother, spoke no English, had picked up a stapler and other horrifyingly dangerous objects and thrown them on the ground while trying to express his frustration to officers. Cops fought long and hard, and though the sentencing was in my opinion pathetically inadequate, at least they'll serve a bit of time. An exception to the rule, whereby most get away with murder.