if the left supports social equality why do they support laws that prevent the lower class from owning MG's?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

python76

if the left supports social equality why do they support laws that prevent the lower class from owning MG's?

Post by python76 »

so someone making 10k a year for life will probably never be able to justify spending 20k$+ on a full auto AR15 variant but if Hughes didn't exist and if NFA didn't exist then full auto AR's could be as cheap as a normal semi auto AR15 which can be had for around 500$ which a person making 10k per year can afford.

part of social equality means that income level doesn't result in unequal treatment under the law. well Hughes is a law that clearly gives unequal treatment to low income people because they simply cant afford to buy MG's

im guessing its just because they dont truly care about total social equality.

is this a valid argument to use against them to push for the repeal of Hughes and the NFA or at least Hughes?

i mean its literally granting the rich a right that the poor cant get.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Re: if the left supports social equality why do they support laws that prevent the lower class from owning MG's?

Post by John A. »

Most leftists only understand a social injustice, when it pertains to something they like.

You're welcome to try to argue your fact with any leftist you would like, but you're probably never going to change their mind regardless of anything you say or despite how much logic you spoon feed them.
I don't care what your chart says
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Re: if the left supports social equality why do they support laws that prevent the lower class from owning MG's?

Post by fishman »

Their solution will be to stop all MG transfers or buy them back at MSRP
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
python76

Post by python76 »

fishman wrote:Their solution will be to stop all MG transfers or buy them back at MSRP
haha true :(
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

python76 wrote: i mean its literally granting the rich a right that the poor cant get.
Liberals hate freedom. They pay lip service, but ultimately they desire a dictatorship. They are terrified of blacks, especially armed blacks.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
python76

Post by python76 »

yeah i agree. all gun control seems to be geared towards making it harder for low income people to be armed and ultimately all people except the government.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

It's impossible to overstate the significance the Bolshevik revolution has had on gun policy world wide. The established order was overthrown by unwashed masses......with Maxim machine guns. The fact that this gave communism it's greatest triumph to that time, the triumph that in part made Chinese communism possible, doesn't mean that communists want to see it happen to them. No one wants to be the Romanovs. Fear of unwashed masses with machine guns (in the wake of the Bonus Army incident) had more to do with the creation of the NFA than the gangster fear mongering that was pitched as the cause celeb.

There is no way in hell that the idea of democratizing machine gun ownership or characterizing the Hughes amendment as anti poor is going to make elitists warm up to the idea of real power outside of state control. You have to understand that the talk of the little guy is bullshit. No one believes that crap.

The idea of civilians owning machine guns is so extreme to most people because as long as most people have been alive MGs have been rare and exotic. They are in the movies, and if you join the army you get to use them, but almost no one else ever even touches a real machine gun. That is the result of the shockwave that October 1917 sent around the world. That was when every nation in the world knew States and only States had to control this power.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

jlwilliams wrote:... That was when every nation in the world knew States and only States had to maintain the illusion of control over this power.
FIFY

Because it's really not that hard to put your hands on a working machine gun when you need one.

A Minigun might take a little more time. Step 1. Steal a HH-60.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

doubloon wrote:
jlwilliams wrote:... That was when every nation in the world knew States and only States had to maintain the illusion of control over this power.
FIFY

Because it's really not that hard to put your hands on a working machine gun when you need one.

A Minigun might take a little more time. Step 1. Steal a HH-60.
Well, there is the essential lie that is prohibition. One can have a machine gun, or dope or whores if one simply breaks the rules. Laws don't really say "you can't have___" they say "if we catch you with___ we will____"

I think that the base question of the title of this thread is mistaken. "If the left supports social equality....." They don't. Thus the rest of the question, the cool stuff about fun guns for one and all, doesn't compute.
python76

Post by python76 »

i realize the leftist elites dont really support equality. they just spout it as propaganda. im saying we could use it as an argument when talking to poor people on the left to show them that the party they support doesnt actually care for them at all and wants to keep them without power and poor so they will continue to vote to increase state power which they think will help them.
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

I don't think they would buy it. Machine guns have been taboo since before most people were born. People accept that as a given. The decades of conditioning worked. They don't even want them. It's too far outside of the pen to nibble at.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

python76 wrote:i realize the leftist elites dont really support equality. they just spout it as propaganda. im saying we could use it as an argument when talking to poor people on the left to show them that the party they support doesnt actually care for them at all and wants to keep them without power and poor so they will continue to vote to increase state power which they think will help them.
Poor people are not interested in freedom or a “hobby” like guns. Poor people are looking for handouts and free stuff. I shouldn’t say poor people. I mean parasites. You should look up Stefan Molyneaux’s video concerning IQ and welfare.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

jlwilliams wrote:...
I think that the base question of the title of this thread is mistaken. "If the left supports social equality....." They don't. Thus the rest of the question, the cool stuff about fun guns for one and all, doesn't compute.
ding ding ding ding ding ding winnah winnah

It seems to be a theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Post by jlwilliams »

poikilotrm wrote:......You should look up Stefan Molyneaux’s video concerning IQ and welfare.
I binged that and came up with a few of his videos with "IQ" in the title. Which video are you referring to?

Edit: ok, I think I found it. Is it "the welfare state is an IQ test"?
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

jlwilliams wrote: Edit: ok, I think I found it. Is it "the welfare state is an IQ test"?
Yes, among others. Stupid people tend to think hand to mouth. Higher order "big picture" thinking is not something they can do, or would even want to do. Then R/K reproductive strategy/ life attitude comes into play, along with a multitude of other facets: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R/K_selection_theory
python76

Post by python76 »

[/quote]
Poor people are not interested in freedom or a “hobby” like guns. Poor people are looking for handouts and free stuff. I shouldn’t say poor people. I mean parasites. You should look up Stefan Molyneaux’s video concerning IQ and welfare.[/quote]

haha yeah ive seen them all. i love his videos
python76

Post by python76 »

jlwilliams wrote:I don't think they would buy it. Machine guns have been taboo since before most people were born. People accept that as a given. The decades of conditioning worked. They don't even want them. It's too far outside of the pen to nibble at.
i agree. sadly i think the majority of gun owners are even brainwashed to think MG's should be banned. i mean we were only able to get 300k people to sign a repeal the NFA petition and only 99k to sign the Hughes petition. not that i think those petitions do anything but it is a decent measurement to see how many people support something. considering its easy and only took like 2 minutes to sign it. 99k-300k out of like 100m gun owners is nothing :( that was from pretty much all of the big gun channels making vids asking to sign the petitions too. the brainwashing about MG's and other NFA items has been effective.