Stupid question time

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Stupid question time

Post by poikilotrm »

Why has nobody mounted a 14th Amendment fight against California, MA, CT, etc batshit insane gun laws?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
BobbyJohn

Re: Stupid question time

Post by BobbyJohn »

poikilotrm wrote:Why has nobody mounted a 14th Amendment fight against California, MA, CT, etc batshit insane gun laws?
Because the liberals or liberal leaning people have been in control for a long time now. It has been brought up quite a few times over the last 25+ years but there have been no serious attempts to actually pursue that line that I have seen..

Also the Supreme Count has affirmed in the past that states have the ability to regulate guns despite the ruling that you have the right to own and carry guns. Heller was a landmark ruling, but it still affirmed that the states and cities have the ability to regulate said guns.

There have been states that passed laws concerning it, in other words, there are cases pending against a few states that passed laws stating that if a gun is manufactured in a state with the purpose being for use in the state that it is not subject to Federal regulation, I know that Montana has passed that law and the Fed's were suppose to be fighting it. I have seen no published outcome on that one yet.

I do remember noise being made when the Supreme count ruled on Obama care as being a requirement to participate or being fined, someone and I can't remember which state it was brought up in, came up with the argument about the Militia act, that requires all able bodied men between certain ages to own a gun, supplies and enough ammunition for 6 months on hand at all times. The argument made was if the government could require you to purchase insurance, why is the militia act not being enforced that requires you to own a gun. There was a ruling in the 50's on the militia act that also stated it applied to all able bodied women to fulfill the same requirements. The militia is actually controlled by the state and that all able bodied persons of that state are part of the militia, the militia act is one of the reasons the standing Military of the United states is not supposed to be deployed on United States Soil, only the National Guard can be deployed.

It is a very complicated twisty turny subject.
Not One More Inch!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Re: Stupid question time

Post by whiterussian1974 »

One would have to tailor the Argument that those States unjustly targeted the "Victim Classes" more than "White, Patriarchal Majority."

The State and Appellate Courts would rule against Plaintiff, then SCOTUS would puss out and refuse to grant Cert. :(
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314