Gun confiscation story in Washington Post.

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Gun confiscation story in Washington Post.

Post by hardcase »

This has to do with a threat of suicide, not threat to public. Confiscating this guys firearms could have been the last straw that pushed him over the edge. If he would have really wanted to do himself, there are plenty of other ways.

Of interest, this happened in Connecticut. A state that seems to be big on gun control.

In this case, after a court battle the guns were returned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... be0f3e23e4
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gun confiscation story in Washington Post.

Post by poikilotrm »

“They see 81 guns, and alarm bells are going off,” Norris said. “We need to show that you’re responsible and that you’re someone who only uses these guns the right way.”

What is this bizarre fixation that liberals have with the number of guns a person owns? I have never understood it.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

I'm all for people owning as many guns as they want to...but

In the above article, the gunowner admits that he hasn't even shot a gun in 5 years, although he owns quite a collection.

Most of the guns he owns are still new in their boxes, stuffed away in closets and under beds--never used and not really valued. It's apparent that the gunowner is engaging in "retail therapy".

Third, he admits that his guns are a significant part of his savings.

If I were his friend, I would gently try to talk him into selling many of the new guns in boxes and convert them to usable savings, which also would place the guns in new homes where they would be used and appreciated. I'm not saying to sell all his guns, this advice would be specifically for him and not anyone else.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

Gneeek .. a "Gun hoarder" -- Clearly such a person could neeever be accused of having some minor mental issues .. :mrgreen:

What would you think of him if all the "new in boxes" were clock radioes or different models of game consoles .. -- :shock:

That does not in any way imply that he would be more likely to use one or more of the guns for something violent .. It simply implies that he has some sort of mental control issues.. That he REALLY needs to deal with .. maybe he should sell all the not so nice firearms, and buy somme ammo and go use the nice ones on the range .. Could be very "therapeutic" -- :lol:

I personally would NEVER own a gun and not shoot it, like I would never own a motorbike and not ride it .. (I currently own 3 bikes .. :mrgreen: 2 Italians and 1 german)
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541