Kentucky Guv signs Constitutional Carry into law, #16

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Kentucky Guv signs Constitutional Carry into law, #16

Post by johndoe3 »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019031 ... onal-carry

Guv Matt Bevin of Kentucky signed the Constitutional Carry Bill into law on Monday. The KY House passed the Bill by 60-37; and the KY Senate passed it by 29-8. Congrats to all involved for a job well done.
Kentucky already recognizes the right to carry a firearm openly without a permit. Current law, however, requires a state-issued permit to carry that same firearm under a coat or in a bag. This new law simply extends the current open carry rule to concealed carry. Those who obtain permits will still be able to take advantage of the reciprocity agreements that Kentucky has with other states.

With this law, Kentucky becomes the 16th state to recognize constitutional carry, joining Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
A number of other States are tentatively considering Constitutional Carry in 2019; but are in the coalition-building phase to gather legislative support and support by the people and not as likely to pass a Bill in 2019. These other States are: Texas, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Iowa.

Edited to add: The KY law goes into effect in July 2019.
Last edited by johndoe3 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Kentucky Guv signs Constitutional Carry into law, #16

Post by poikilotrm »

Just out of curiosity, when does the blood start to run in the streets like the anti freedom crowd says?
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.