Texas wants death penalty for no knock raid when officer killed

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Texas wants death penalty for no knock raid when officer killed

Post by johndoe3 »

https://reason.com/2014/09/17/texas-wan ... arsely-api

No one wants police shot, but this case in Killeen TX as a result of a no-knock raid smells--it seems like self-defense to me.
Attempting to serve a search warrant by entering a house through a window got Killeen, Texas, Police Detective Charles Dinwiddie shot in the face and killed last May. It was yet another SWAT raid organized for a purpose other than the reason they were invented. The police had a search warrant looking for narcotics at the home of Marvin Louis Guy, 49. They decided to serve this warrant at 5:30 in the morning and without knocking on his door. He opened fire on them, killing Dinwiddie and injuring three others.

Though they found a glass pipe, a grinder, and a pistol, they did not find any drugs.

...Guy faces three additional charges of attempted capital murder for shooting the other officers. The story mentions the no-knock raid but fails to explain why it happened or the failure to find any drugs.

A search for Guy in the jail inmate locator for Bell County, Texas, shows that he is being charged only for the shootings. There are no drug-related charges listed. He is being held on a bond totaling $4.5 million.
A breaking and entering at 5:30 AM through a window, without announcing that they were police, and they want to charge the homeowner for shooting the person breaking in? Castle Doctrine should cover this shooting; and no drugs were found which was the purpose of the raid.

Any of us could conceivably be on the receiving end of a police no knock raid like this, where the evidence to the homeowner is of a B&E taking place.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Texas wants death penalty for no knock raid when officer killed

Post by a_canadian »

I knew a kid in high school who liked saying 'some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you.' Seems to apply in this case. The guy is going down, one way or another, because police don't like one of their own getting shot in the face. Doesn't matter to them that they misbehaved in ways which resulted in that death. They refuse to be the bad guy. So the guy dies, either by lethal injection or stabbing with a sharpened toothbrush, in a puzzlingly unrecorded corner of a prison, while the guards were playing Tetris and shopping on eBay. Nothing to see here. Move along.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Remember Corey Maye. I wish I could be on that man’s jury. He would walk.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Well, that would change the stakes quite a bit and would likely ensure that anyone faced with it, will take as many LEO with them as possible and will never see a minute in the court room.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't care what your chart says
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

The Penal Code clearly states that Home Owner was justified.

Without ID, the Police was an Intruder. Presumed (even though wrong) Unlawful Entry, During the Nighttime, Through an Irregular Entry Port, of a Habitation. Clearly the Resident was Justified.

We have a current case in Houston where the Police are facing Homicide Charges for swearing to a False Statement in order to get a Warrant to harass the Home Owners. They entered, shot the Occupants and it turns out that they were committing no Crimes. It was a personal beef that the cops had with them. They wanted an Excuse to commit Capital Murder Under Color of Law.

They got caught for this Execution by Cop, and a Grand Jury is investigating to determine which Charges they will face. Currently they are charged with "Making False Statement, two charges of Felony Murder and Tampering with a Government Document."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-houston-c ... -drug-raid

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex ... d-n1006196
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314