H.R. 5717 bill that restricts guns

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

noname

H.R. 5717 bill that restricts guns

Post by noname »

I was following up on an article by Alan Korwin in the Jan/Feb issue of American Handgunner. Anti-gunners are reaching over the top. In effect, makes the Second Amendment null and void.

Requires an annual background check of everyone in the Federal database. You will need a Federal firearm license to buy a gun OR ammunition. There is an undefined sound mind and character" to get a permit and any other requirements the State determines relevant.

With all the excitement over Covid, it would be easier to slip this past an already scared public.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: H.R. 5717 bill that restricts guns

Post by a_canadian »

It's the global push to eliminate privately held firearms, one step at a time. Canada went from a situation pretty much like that in the USA long ago, to an easily acquired license, to a much more diligently controlled license, to a ban by Order in Council (which superseded Parliamentary procedure, avoiding debate) of over 9,700 models of semi-auto and 'too powerful' rifles... and coming up soon will be federal authorization for cities to ban handgun ownership outright, as well as even more models of rifle being added to the list. We expect both within the next two years.

Many are on the fence as to what to do about it. Organized protests over the spring and summer didn't accomplish anything. A couple of guys who haven't had good mental discipline have flipped the switch and gone after government officials with threats and in one case driving right to the Prime Minister's residence and walking around with loaded guns. But direct action such as this can only make matters worse for us. Voting hasn't done any good, as it seems a combination of people's gullibility over 'public safety' and manipulations of how the elections themselves are run assures a gun grabber will retain leadership. Seems the puppet masters pretty much have that situation in control for you Americans as well, with a record low number of counties voting for the 'winner' of your recent election.

Any ideas on what's to be done? An all-out revolution seems unlikely. Not that revolution would be a good idea - the cost in lives and standard of living would be terrible. But it would also be unlikely to establish a better situation for gun owners. If anything, the crack-down which would likely result would make gun ownership much more difficult. Those in power, with the extreme wealth and ties to media and political offices behind the scenes, will not easily surrender that power to an angry mob. On the other side, gun owners are hardly a unified force. Getting most people to leave the comfort of their pampered lives behind to fight a corrupt system seems unlikely. It would take something dramatic to motivate people en masse. Instead, we're experiencing the old 'death of a thousand cuts' to which any reaction looks like an over-reaction in terms of propaganda.
noname

Post by noname »

"Death by a thousand cuts" is accurate. Several years ago, 18 year olds were given the right to vote instead of then legal age of 21. The excuse was they are dying for their country i.e. in war zones. Thing is 18-21 year olds rarely pay taxes that the government did not refund, many received a "refund" that did not pay any taxes. Also 18-21 year olds were brainwashed in school by the teacher's union. Those in college had an agenda of getting something for nothing i.e. free tuition. Latest is the push for absentee ballots that can be easily hacked en-mass. 47% of California's population is now Hispanic and vote legally and illegally along liberal party lines. Years ago I listened to most of the speeches made by Malcolm X. One of his major points was black women had the power. He called it 'pussy' power for increasing the black population that also voted along liberal party lines.

I am now in my 70's and now are one of the bad guys I guess partially living off of Social Security. I would be much better off if I had been able to keep the money paid into the SS 'tax' system that was not suppose to be a tax but a retirement account when it was enacted. I was self-employed and had to pay double the rate of someone employed by another business (both employee and employer side of SS). I fell into that group that made to much to get government freebies but not enough to hide money overseas or have smart tax lawyers.

Most likely I won't live to see the ciaos coming over guns in the USA. While I can I am trying to wear my guns out.
ammodotcom

Post by ammodotcom »

a_canadian wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 am Any ideas on what's to be done? An all-out revolution seems unlikely. Not that revolution would be a good idea - the cost in lives and standard of living would be terrible. But it would also be unlikely to establish a better situation for gun owners. If anything, the crack-down which would likely result would make gun ownership much more difficult. Those in power, with the extreme wealth and ties to media and political offices behind the scenes, will not easily surrender that power to an angry mob. On the other side, gun owners are hardly a unified force. Getting most people to leave the comfort of their pampered lives behind to fight a corrupt system seems unlikely. It would take something dramatic to motivate people en masse. Instead, we're experiencing the old 'death of a thousand cuts' to which any reaction looks like an over-reaction in terms of propaganda.
This to the nth degree. At no point does sparking a full-scale revolution seem reasonable. It doesn't even now. But in a few centuries, or even decades, when all of mankind has found itself gradually enslaved, will anyone look back to a single trespass that should have sent decent people over the edge? It's too disheartening to dwell on at three in the morning.
We arm our fellow Americans both physically and philosophically. Free donation to your pro-freedom organization of choice with every order. Visit ammo.com/forum-friends for a special deal!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Post by whiterussian1974 »

noname wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm "Death by a thousand cuts" is accurate. Several years ago, 18 year olds were given the right to vote instead of then legal age of 21. The excuse was they are dying for their country i.e. in war zones.
Do you mean the 1960s? It's always been 18 since I can recall. I 1st got interested in politics with Reagan. Carter was a soft, pathetic joke. But my parents and maternal grandparents LOVED Reagan.

The 1980s are also when I saw all of the Leftist, Statist Gov't shutdowns to put pressure for higher Taxes and ever increasing "social programs." Some are good, but also lots of cash thrown down the drain, or worse actually causing WORSE problems. (Black men being excluded from their Families by the Welfare State. Children getting pregnant so that they can pillage Gov't programs to be independent from their families and not need to work.)

A Bush/Clinton election would have been no election at all. Trump was our last gasp at freedom. Now we are screwed.

WOLVERINES!!!! :evil:
The Darkest Corners of Hell are reserved for those who remain Neutral!-Dante
The Death of One is a Tragedy, a million only a statistic.-Stalin
silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=135314
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

ammodotcom wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:38 am
a_canadian wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 am Any ideas on what's to be done? An all-out revolution seems unlikely.
...when all of mankind has found itself gradually enslaved, will anyone look back to a single trespass that should have sent decent people over the edge?
If the 15-day Lockdown that lasts 2 years isn't enough, nothing will.The Gov't is destroying small businesses, forcing us all to work for the BIG guys.
1 Insurance Plan
1 payscale
1 Party
1 Vote

This is 1984. Our only Freedom of Expression, is the Freedom to praise Big Brother. (The State)
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:05 am
ammodotcom wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:38 am
a_canadian wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 am Any ideas on what's to be done? An all-out revolution seems unlikely.
...when all of mankind has found itself gradually enslaved, will anyone look back to a single trespass that should have sent decent people over the edge?
If the 15-day Lockdown that lasts 2 years isn't enough, nothing will.The Gov't is destroying small businesses, forcing us all to work for the BIG guys.
1 Insurance Plan
1 payscale
1 Party
1 Vote

This is 1984. Our only Freedom of Expression, is the Freedom to praise Big Brother. (The State)
Are Canadian's subjects of the crown? I'm pretty sure there's a formal procedure for groveling for privileges.

Americans are following the same script. Build Back Better. All members of the military all federal employees are dutifully making this happen. State and local government employees are also falling in line.

Build Back Better, a slogan used by President Elect Joe Biden, Borris Johnson of UK, and Justin Trudeau, explained by Justin Trudeau.
https://youtu.be/MOaHoNajWgA
noname wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm Years ago I listened to most of the speeches made by Malcolm X. One of his major points was black women had the power. He called it 'pussy' power for increasing the black population that also voted along liberal party lines.
Do you have a link to that speech? I'm interested.
One of the more relevant speeches today is "The Ballot or the Bullet" where Malcolm X calls black people chumps for identifying and blindly voting Democrat when the Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and Executive office but didn't do anything that they promised.

It reminds me of when Obama was elected and the Democrats controlled the House and Senate but no promises were kept.

After all the vain votes to repeal Obamacare pre-Trump, when Trump and the Republicans controlled the entire government they kept Obamacare.

The Hearing Protection Act wasn't even called for a vote so fake Republicans wouldn't have to show their true colors.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

0101silent wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:47 am Are Canadian's subjects of the crown? I'm pretty sure there's a formal procedure for groveling for privileges.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada#Government_and_politics wrote:Canada is described as a "full democracy",[144] with a tradition of liberalism,[145] and an egalitarian,[146] moderate political ideology.[147] An emphasis on social justice has been a distinguishing element of Canada's political culture.[148] Peace, order, and good government, alongside an implied bill of rights are founding principles of the Canadian government.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_of_Canada#Monarchy wrote:As per the Constitution Acts of 1867 and 1982, Canada is a constitutional monarchy, wherein the role of the reigning sovereign is both legal and practical.
noname wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm Years ago I listened to most of the speeches made by Malcolm X. One of his major points was black women had the power. He called it 'pussy' power for increasing the black population that also voted along liberal party lines.
0101silent wrote:One of the more relevant speeches today is "The Ballot or the Bullet" where Malcolm X calls black people chumps for identifying and blindly voting Democrat when the Democrats controlled the House, Senate, and Executive office but didn't do anything that they promised.

It reminds me of when Obama was elected and the Democrats controlled the House and Senate but no promises were kept.

After all the vain votes to repeal Obamacare pre-Trump, when Trump and the Republicans controlled the entire government they kept Obamacare.

The Hearing Protection Act wasn't even called for a vote so fake Republicans wouldn't have to show their true colors.
Pussy Power has given us riots, arson and murder.
Ballot failed, so now we have that last option... :x

Trump had such a wonderful opportunity to topple the whole system. But he relied too heavily upon the very Swamp that he wanted to drain. His own Advisors attempted a Coup during his 1st 100 days. They tried to rope Nikki Hailey into it with Reince Priebus.

The opposition in BOTH parties screwed him for 2 yrs of bogus investigation Witch Hunts. And even after 3.5 yrs, SecDef Esper was conducting Troop Deployments that the President had forbidden. #NoMoreForeverWars

But the Radicals on each side want mayhem instead of improvement. As long as there is rioting in the Streets and Graft/Subversion in Congress/5th Estate/Fed Bureaucracy, we will never again come within reach of Freedom. :( :cry:
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:09 am Ballot failed, so now we have that last option... :x
We are at that point....
This next week will tell if the republic survives.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

For what little it's worth, I can say I'm on the edge of my damn seat waiting to see what comes of January 6th. Wishful thinking most likely. The powers behind the curtain won't permit their plans to be foiled. Seems all too likely to be a binary at play, either more of the same, or bloody revolution. Not a lot of room for anything between, considering how badly things are going.
Sgt.Mike

Post by Sgt.Mike »

I wish I could say my true thoughts .... but with the way our political system is going i can see where my opinions and thoughts used against me.
Don't push a man to violence when violence is what he has dedicated his life to perfecting. Many walk this earth as silent killers. Careful who you try to victimize. They may welcome the chaos.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Indeed, Sgt. Mike. Such are the times, when the true nature of communism hasn't been taught in schools and foolish young adults believe Stalin and Mao are people they should admire, freedom of speech is largely gone. Even the police and courts are more frequently cracking down on matters of opinion. Burning a BLM banner is suggested as a hate crime? Mis-gendering someone who is obviously a fashionably transgendered fake and pedophile, as with Jonathan Yaniv, can get your social media account banned? What nonsense is this?

Well here it is, January 6th. The race in Georgia apparently still not quite resolved, but looking very much like the Democrats will have total control of every level of government - checks and balances, anyone? Perhaps I'm not remembering my American History class properly from grade 12 in an American school, but it seems this sort of thing wasn't supposed to be possible, nor desirable, if the voices of all Americans are to be represented in government. I'll say it for you Mike, being presumptuous: it's time for people to take matters in hand.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Whatever happened to all of those guillotines that we saw being rolled around this summer? :evil:
Sgt.Mike

Post by Sgt.Mike »

with what is unfolding on congress'es steps I figured that this would be a way more hot topic.....
but i'm noticing banners on the news media "violent protester" but NO footage of such.

This was brought on by one side whom just had to poke "the bear"
Don't push a man to violence when violence is what he has dedicated his life to perfecting. Many walk this earth as silent killers. Careful who you try to victimize. They may welcome the chaos.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

Sgt.Mike wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:30 pm with what is unfolding on congress'es steps I figured that this would be a way more hot topic.....
I'm doing all that I can to not say something that could be skewed out of context.

I saw video posted to Twitter:
She was unarmed and only standing there. Secret Service or Capitol Police shot her from behind. The bullet went through her neck and she didn't realize how serious the damage until she went into shock.

She fell and became non-responsive. She was in a Public Area of a Public Building during Public Business. She was observing a democratic process and was murdered for having the temerity to request that her vote be counted.
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

https://www.bitchute.com/video/npuhBJGkL11d/
Is this it?
She wasn't just standing there unless she was on stilts.

She did not deserve to be shot. In the protests and riots earlier this year a clear message was sent. No one is exempt.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Ashli Babbit shouldn't have been climbing through a broken window into an inner upstairs hallway of a government building. She got shot in the throat because that's what she was doing, and because some officer on the other side of that doorway decided that shooting a woman in the throat was the best way available to resolve the situation.

Kyle Rittenhouse shouldn't have been in Kenosha and shouldn't have been carrying a rifle. He's in prison because the three men who attacked him got themselves shot as he was defending himself.

A whole lot of people have died, suffered injuries, lost property, lost businesses, thanks to the rioting over the past 9 months. The victims have included rioters themselves, police working to contain the violence of these 'protests,' business owners, counter-protesters, random citizens with no involvement whatsoever... They've included people of most skin tone varieties and most economic classes.

Now through all that, while watching a few hundred hours of riot video mostly streamed from the rioters themselves, some from legitimate protesters, some from reporters who were actually doing their job well, I managed to follow the unfiltered reality of what the 'protests' of 2020 were really about. Not the filtered version provided by the likes of CNN et al who eagerly promoted the idea of "mostly peaceful protests" and the shining future of social justice towards which they pointed. Rather, it was an obvious, persistent, nihilistic effort towards the destruction of American society. Antifa as a whole, and Black Lives Matter for the most part (just a very few notable voices excepted), were being disingenuously portrayed as victims of right-wing and even white supremacist violence. Yet there were no white supremacists on the scene when businesses were smashed, looted, then burned. No KKK nor neo-Nazi idiots were launching bricks and Molotov cocktails at lines of police. It wasn't a racist redneck who smacked a Portland cop on the head with a baseball bat. The violent incidents I witnessed number in the hundreds, perhaps thousands. I saw very little in the way of humanity, of compassion, even of genuine interest in politics. It was a sustained, and apparently heavily funded effort towards chaos, and the Stephen Colbert crowd were only too happy to flip it and talk about how it wasn't that at all, that in fact it was the David Dukes of the country who were ripping apart dozens of cities night after night... if they bothered mentioning the rioting at all.

Now when I watch the video of Ashli Babbit being shot in the throat, it is in the context of having watched hours of streaming video alongside it, live broadcasts from the protesters themselves. The only ones I saw breaking windows and throwing bottles were a handful of men who have in the hours since been identified as members of Antifa protest groups over the past year. When some crazy woman pulled a knife outside the building, legitimate protesters there to promote Trump and protest what seems in some ways to be a fraudulent election drew away from her, shouting at her to put away the knife and a stun gun of some sort, and the guy I happened to be following at that moment said to his audience "Seriously, that has got to be the scariest thing I've seen today!" And he was right, up to that point. The protesters had been allowed onto the steps by a bunch of police who stepped aside. They didn't bash down a barricade as reported by every mainstream media outlet, they walked past police and some police even accompanied them up the stairs. Getting into the building wasn't so easy, but nothing appears to have been broken to do it. Someone opened the door. After Ashli was shot, after a whole lot of protesters posed for pictures in the offices and main hall of the building, police asked the protesters to leave in light of the shooting. The protesters complied, with only one little scuffle breaking out and apparently no arrests made as a result. Looked like someone lost their control for a moment but then calmed down. Maybe grief? Once outside, hundreds of police used various less-than-lethal weapons and pushed the crowd back. By the time they got to the roadway, most had gone to their hotels, there wasn't a crowd any longer, but the police remained... and Wolf Blitzer or whatever the F--k his name is was going on and on about "terrorists" invading government buildings, pipe bombs, horrifying acts of violence...

Bit of a rant. Sorry about that. But seriously, how can this stuff stand? How does the public tolerate such blatant lies? Go to streaming sites and see for yourselves! Twitch, the /pol/ catalog of 4chan, bloody TWITTER for crying out loud, it's there to be seen! But no. The silly people suck up the pablum drooling out of their TV sets and news feeds, believing every word. Pathetic.
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

0101silent wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:19 pm https://www.bitchute.com/video/npuhBJGkL11d/
Is this it?
No, I saw a vid from 90* to the left of this perspective. I didn't see the climbing through the window.
I saw her standing, the gunshot through the window of the closed door into an unarmed person in the Public Area of a Public building. The same place that schoolchildren are taken on tours through.

Canadian, police aren't given unlimited Use of Force waivers. She was unarmed and posing no "imminent threat to life." So no justification for using Deadly Force.

Kyle Rittenhouse is in jail,(prison is for AFTER conviction) because he dared protect his own life. He was lawfully armed and in full compliance of all applicable State and Federal Laws.

When will CONGRESS and the MEDIA be held responsible for the Laws from which they exempt themselves?
0101silent
Silent But Deadly

Post by 0101silent »

The woman shouldn't have been shot. It shouldn't have been possible to breach the Capitol Building.

Everything that happened was all part of the show.

Trump demonstrated how little effort it takes to clear out a crowd earlier this year when there was a protest at the White House.

If you look back at my posts about the previous riots you'll see links to plenty of agent and private provocateurs. Did you think that Trump supporters were exempt?

Why are the arsonists who attacked Kyle Rittenhouse called BLM protestors? It looked like white on white crime to me. Where was Kyle's father? With the huge police presence why was it left to a 17 year old to stop the arson of multiple hundreds of unsellable cars on lots?

Btw, BLM has leadership, an office in Washington D.C., and a fat bankroll. Why isn't BLM being held liable for damages for all the destruction that's been done in their name?

I also think Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, White Lives Matter, All Lives Matter... send me money!!! (That's what I think of the "leaders")

If you really support Trump then send Trump money!!! I support Trump too. Send me money!!!
whiterussian1974
Silent But Deadly

0101silent wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:42 am Everything that happened was all part of the show.

If you look back at my posts about the previous riots you'll see links to plenty of agent and private provocateurs. Did you think that Trump supporters were exempt?
True. Facial recognition shows that those breaking out windows and throwing crap are Antifa members.

And there are reports that Antifa lit and threw a Road Flare at the Capitol Police. They thought that it was dynamite and ran away. Others threw the smoke generators that Biden, et al are calling 'pipe bombs.' They were sowing confusion to create chaos in which to cause violence and discredit the Patriots.

Those committing the violence, mayhem, damage to property and incitement to riot were Agent Provocateurs most probably working hand in glove with Congress to create a Controllable Narrative that they then used to condemn Voters and the American People.

Notice how quickly Politicians ran out to mics and cameras to denounce the American People as Thugs, Terrorists and murderers claiming that we have "blood on our hands." Yes, it's OUR OWN blood. And the Leaches speaking on the Floor of the sham Show Trial certification against the People have been sucking and spilling our blood for FAR too long.

Mitch McConnell would have advised us to pay the Tea and Paper Taxes to the King. And state that as we are Crown Subjects, it's good for the Red Coats to fire on crowds and murder children. That Mitch McConnell would call George Washington a terrorist and urge him to lay down his arms and turn himself and the Continental Army over to the Red Coats to be hung for treason.
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

They are attempting to label any future MNAGA rally as a terrorist event.
I highly suspect that we will see false flag shootings these next 8 or 9 days and they will ram their gun control agenda through both houses.
And there is a new strain of Covid which is so powerfully contagious that they will likely lock everything down nationwide for 100 days thus killing all small businesses and destroying anyone who works in the service sector.

I am all doom and gloom these days because I expect the worst of those who are truly evil and it is right before us.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Post by a_canadian »

Can't say I agree with some of your specifics, but sure, things will only get more 'interesting' (worse) in the next couple of weeks. My guess on the shootings is that they will not be false flag operations. Rather they will be expressions of extreme frustration by some men who feel completely marginalized and whose personal stories have led them to a place where there seem no other options. The decisions being made by big media and the Democrats will trigger this kind of lashing out almost inevitably, which of course the cynical planners among them are anticipating, counting upon even. The more naive among them will be outraged and lash out even harder against anyone who doesn't take the knee. The crackdowns on freedom have only just started, it will get much, much worse.

Wish I could say there was reason for optimism but a lot of people whose thinking I've come to respect seem to be collapsing into the narrative. Soon things will come down to whether you're with the new agenda or an enemy of the state. I pick enemy thanks. Time for a Guy Fawkes mask. A bit surprising that all this should unfold in January, considering the preference for warm summer nights among those who would burn down cities...
noname

Post by noname »

whiterussian1974 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:00 am
noname wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm "Death by a thousand cuts" is accurate. Several years ago, 18 year olds were given the right to vote instead of then legal age of 21. The excuse was they are dying for their country i.e. in war zones.
Do you mean the 1960s? It's always been 18 since I can recall.

Voting by 18 year olds.
United States: 1 July 1971, per the Twenty-sixth Amendment. Previously reduced on 1 January 1971 by the Voting Rights Act Amendments 1970, ss. 302, 305[131] (Prior reductions: Georgia in August 1943,[132] Kentucky in 1955,[133] Guam in 1954[134] and American Samoa in 1965.[134])

WOLVERINES!!!! :evil: