LA Gun Task Force Serves another Search Warrant(50BMG).

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Should they go to jail?

Yes........they broke the law.
6%
No...........all gun law are uncontitutional.
94%

Total votes: 33

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

LA Gun Task Force Serves another Search Warrant(50BMG).

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

LA Gun Task Force Serves another Search Warrant

The LA County Gun Task Force has served another search warrant on the home of another member of the fifty caliber community. On Monday September 18th, eighteen police cars swarmed the neighborhood where the FCSA member lives and served a search warrant signed by Judge Steven Kleifield of the LA County Superior Court. The officers were at the residence for several hours and confiscated all semi-automatic firearms belonging to the victim.

The probable cause for issuing the search warrant was not available in the body of the affidavit so the reason for the search is unknown at this time. It should be noted the LA Gun Task Force used "High Risk" entry tactics by sending a SWAT Entry team to make the initial entry into the victim's residence. Gun owners in LA County need to be prepared to expect these kinds of entry tactics and respond to commands from any officers if you are contacted.

FCI wants everyone to be aware that the LA County Gun Task Force is lead by agents from BATFE; LAPD and LASO. They appear to have focused their attention on members of the fifty caliber community and are aggressively trying to arrest law abiding citizens for just being "Gun Owners".

In the situation that occurred this past Monday the victim had his entire firearms collection seized and he was told charges are going to be filed because he had in his possession linked ammunition in quantities of more than 10 rounds of ammunition at a time. This has been interpreted as a violation of the "High Capacity Magazine" portion of the Assault Weapons Act in CA. The victim owns a Semi-auto M2; a semi-auto M3 and a 30 caliber semi-auto 1919

Everyone living in California needs to pay attention to what is happening in Los Angeles. This can happen to you simply because someone who knows about your firearms calls the LA Gun Task Force and gives them information they interpret as a violation of the Draconian Gun Laws they have been passing for the last five years.

We are asking everyone to review what you have in your gun safe or workshop. Take the time to find out what is against the law and what is not. Remember, our first reported incident was over a flash hider on an M-1A and some armor piercing projectiles. Don't let this happen to YOU.

We are not able to identify the person involved in the incident on Monday or give you any more info about the circumstances about what occurred at this time. We will advise and update as we can.

John Burtt, Chmn
FCI

Ok.

So how many people that approved of the "illegal machine guns" arrests approve of this?

:evil:
NFAtalk.org
ctdonath
Silent But Deadly

Post by ctdonath »

And CA gun owners just sit there and take it, occasionally writing letters of impotent outrage.
Paranoia
Silent But Deadly

Post by Paranoia »

horrible! :?
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

because he had in his possession linked ammunition in quantities of more than 10 rounds of ammunition at a time.
WOW! Just Wow... Next up for CA gun owners, they will start calling a cardboard box of ammo of more than ten rounds illegal!
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

I was under the impression that the warrant had to expressly say what they were searching for, not just a blank check so to speak..... :?:

let me clarify, does not the warrant need to be filled out in entirety to be legal? I've never seen one so.....

and where the hell can I get a semi-auto M2 :D
كافر
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

soohwa wrote:I was under the impression that the warrant had to expressly say what they were searching for, not just a blank check so to speak..... :?:

let me clarify, does not the warrant need to be filled out in entirety to be legal? I've never seen one so.....

and where the hell can I get a semi-auto M2 :D

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/

Bring your checkbook.......... :shock:
NFAtalk.org
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

soohwa wrote: I was under the impression that the warrant had to expressly say what they were searching for, not just a blank check so to speak..... :?:
The items being looked for in the warrant need to be listed, but the probable cause that was used to acquire the warrant is not part of the warrant, it is part of the warrant application and is not given to the searchee at the time the warrant is served.
soohwa wrote:let me clarify, does not the warrant need to be filled out in entirety to be legal? I've never seen one so.....
Yes, but "filled out in entirety" means a proper description of the premises, locations, items to be seized and a judge's signature determining probable cause are all that is required for a legal warrant.
brianb
Silent But Deadly

Re: LA Gun Task Force Serves another Search Warrant(50BMG).

Post by brianb »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:The probable cause for issuing the search warrant was not available in the body of the affidavit...
An affidavit is REQUIRED to contain all the probable cause (PC) needed to support the search warrant (SW) (the SW is the part the judge signs and a copy of the SW is left at the scene or with the 'suspect' - the SW doesn't contain the PC). The affidavit is not required to be released to the public (and won't be) in an active investigation. If they truly saw the affadavit, and it didn't contain the probalby cause - this guy's home free - all the 'evidence' will be thrown out. There's probably some BS or misinterpretation on the media's part here...
In the situation that occurred this past Monday the victim had his entire firearms collection seized and he was told charges are going to be filed because he had in his possession linked ammunition in quantities of more than 10 rounds of ammunition at a time.
this sucks
The victim owns a Semi-auto M2; a semi-auto M3 and a 30 caliber semi-auto 1919

This one is interesting. I'd heard of a ruling where an M1 Carbine labeled "M2" is classified as a machinegun (the M2 was the f/a version of the M1 carbine), at least it was in some directories (on an ATF list somewhere as well), which means that even if it's physically a semi, it could be classified as a machinegun for legal purposes. I wonder if the same applies to the mawduce.

If the NFA paperwork grants you possession and the local laws change, what happens to your 'stuff'? I'm betting the LAPD happens.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

All guns laws are unconstitutional, however, I would never have a 50 BMG in CA as it is against the law.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

rsilvers wrote:All guns laws are unconstitutional, however, I would never have a 50 BMG in CA as it is against the law.

I wouldn't live there.

It's the 10 rounds linked = ok and legal

Versus.

11 rounds linked = your bases belong to us + SWAT raid.

:evil:

Who can keep up with all those insane laws!!!!!!
NFAtalk.org
topherseven
Industry Professional

Post by topherseven »

Another perfect example of why I would never live in that pathetic state. I would not be upset if it did fall into the ocean. Truth be told I am looking forward to it.
Debo18
Silent But Deadly

Post by Debo18 »

Gun owners in LA County need to be prepared to expect these kinds of entry tactics and respond to commands from any officers if you are contacted.
Or.......
"It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs"
rockpup
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockpup »

rsilvers: I thought that federal gun laws were against the intent of the constitution, but state gun laws were a-ok. Unfortunatly the world changed when cars were invented, giving birth to the interstate commerce clause, and opening a door that will never shut.