Father/son trust question

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Father/son trust question

Post by m1garand30064 »

Hey everyone,

My dad and I would like to buy an AAC 762SD. I own my own home and my father lives in a different location. Is it possible to form a trust where we could both be in legal possession of the silencer? Our goal is for both of us to take it to the range independently, and not need to be in the company of each other in order to use the silencer. From what I have read, it seems like the silencer has to be at the address of the primary owner but there seems to be a little flexibility with the trusts. However, it is certainly not worth pissing off the ATF and ending up paying a huge fine and going to jail.

Is this possible? Would Quicken Willmaker be able to do this? Thanks very much for the help! :D
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

You have a PM
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

I tried again
bufordtpisser

I have that same question..............

Post by bufordtpisser »

I have pretty much decided on the trust route. As of now my son and I are at the same address. I would just like to be able to allow him to use the silencer without me being present. And also what about the legality of adding a non-spouse significant other??
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Re: I have that same question..............

Post by Diomed »

bufordtpisser wrote:I have pretty much decided on the trust route. As of now my son and I are at the same address. I would just like to be able to allow him to use the silencer without me being present.
Is he at least eighteen years old?
And also what about the legality of adding a non-spouse significant other??
It's usually not an issue, but it could cause you some problems during the divorce.
m1garand30064
Silent But Deadly

Re: I have that same question..............

Post by m1garand30064 »

Diomed wrote:
bufordtpisser wrote:I have pretty much decided on the trust route. As of now my son and I are at the same address. I would just like to be able to allow him to use the silencer without me being present.
Is he at least eighteen years old?
And also what about the legality of adding a non-spouse significant other??
It's usually not an issue, but it could cause you some problems during the divorce.
I am the son and I'm 27 so we are gtg there. I'll just try my best to avoid the divorce! Thanks for the insight! :D