Silencers and the 2nd Amendment

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Silencers and the 2nd Amendment

Post by DorikinGTSt »

Silencers are considered firearms. Has anyone used this defense in court?
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Re: Silencers and the 2nd Amendment

Post by Wahnsinn »

In what type of argument, or in order to prove what?
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Explain more, please.
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

Firearms are firearms, has anyone used that in court?
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

someone gets cought with a silencer. goes to court and argues the 2nd amendment applies and therefore the charge is unconstitutional.

I have argued that a gun isn't a firearm.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

some guns are not firearms, what's the point?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

DorikinGTSt wrote:someone gets cought with a silencer. goes to court and argues the 2nd amendment applies and therefore the charge is unconstitutional...
My bet is, if your lucky, you will get to share living space with the guy(s) that argue the Fed income tax is unconstitutional/voluntary.

ETA: Unless I misinterpret your avatar's message, it sucks.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

DorikinGTSt wrote:someone gets cought with a silencer. goes to court and argues the 2nd amendment applies and therefore the charge is unconstitutional.

I have argued that a gun isn't a firearm.
Most of us here could be "caught with a silencer" on any given day. Why would that be a problem? You do realize that silencers are legal, don't you?
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

DorikinGTSt wrote:someone gets cought with a silencer. goes to court and argues the 2nd amendment applies and therefore the charge is unconstitutional.
Firearm or not, it all boils down to one thing nowdays: The court's definition of the word "infringe". If you choose, like me, to accept the dictionary definition:

1. To violate or break.
2. To encroach or trespass.

Then you have an extremeist interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. :roll:

To many libtards, encroach, as it pertains to arms, is to completely take away, without justification, from a law abiding, upstanding and fully undisqualified citizen. As long as they allow those citizens continued access to rocks, then we have access to "arms". (Who says "arms" has to be "firearms") But just try to reduce welfare payments to illegal aliens, or force the feds to enforce immigration laws, and I'm quite sure they'd say we're "infringing" on their "rights". :roll:

The reason they chose to regulate and tax NFA goodies was specifically to avoid accusations that they were taking away our rights. Once again, "taking away" vs. "infringing". Big difference IMO.

If someone says you can't have a MG that was produced after 1984, then your rights are being "infringed" upon. Same thing with *standard* capacity magazines. ...and barrel shrouds. ...and bayonet lugs. ...and mandatory waiting periods. ...and armor piercing ammo. ...and body armor. ...and foreign guns.

I think the ATF's definition of a silencer being a "firearm" should be irrelevant. I think someone needs to seriously challenge the NFA and GCA as both of those "infringe" on the most important right guaranteed to us by the Constitution/Bill of Rights. Try to put a $200 tax on voting, or try to prohibit people born after 1984 from voting, or try to say you can only speak a foreign language if your message has a "sporting purpose" and see what happens.

[/rant] :D
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
schnitzeraffe

Post by schnitzeraffe »

Blaubart wrote:
Firearm or not, it all boils down to one thing nowdays: The court's definition of the word "infringe". If you choose, like me, to accept the dictionary definition:

1. To violate or break.
2. To encroach or trespass.

Then you have an extremeist interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. :roll:

To many libtards, encroach, as it pertains to arms, is to completely take away, without justification, from a law abiding, upstanding and fully undisqualified citizen. As long as they allow those citizens continued access to rocks, then we have access to "arms". (Who says "arms" has to be "firearms") But just try to reduce welfare payments to illegal aliens, or force the feds to enforce immigration laws, and I'm quite sure they'd say we're "infringing" on their "rights". :roll:

The reason they chose to regulate and tax NFA goodies was specifically to avoid accusations that they were taking away our rights. Once again, "taking away" vs. "infringing". Big difference IMO.

If someone says you can't have a MG that was produced after 1984, then your rights are being "infringed" upon. Same thing with *standard* capacity magazines. ...and barrel shrouds. ...and bayonet lugs. ...and mandatory waiting periods. ...and armor piercing ammo. ...and body armor. ...and foreign guns.

I think the ATF's definition of a silencer being a "firearm" should be irrelevant. I think someone needs to seriously challenge the NFA and GCA as both of those "infringe" on the most important right guaranteed to us by the Constitution/Bill of Rights. Try to put a $200 tax on voting, or try to prohibit people born after 1984 from voting, or try to say you can only speak a foreign language if your message has a "sporting purpose" and see what happens.

[/rant] :D
Mr. Blaubart I need you to do something for me...
run for office!

You speak to my heart and that "speech" was eloquent.

I'll vote for you. :wink:
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

schnitzeraffe wrote:Mr. Blaubart I need you to do something for me...
run for office!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too many skeletons in my closet my friend. :lol:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

continuity wrote:
DorikinGTSt wrote:someone gets cought with a silencer. goes to court and argues the 2nd amendment applies and therefore the charge is unconstitutional...
My bet is, if your lucky, you will get to share living space with the guy(s) that argue the Fed income tax is unconstitutional/voluntary.

It sends the best message. Foreign troop in my state gets his name erased from the book of life.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

DorikinGTSt wrote:...
It sends the best message. Foreign troop in my state gets his name erased from the book of life.
Beg to differ, doesn't that icon represent a plan abandoned for fear of retaliation?
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

The image sends the best message. Whether it was carried out makes no difference to me. The Welrods probably got lost in the mail. Americans are lucky enough not to have to wait for an air-drop of arms.

If they would rather be brutalized in a FEMA camp then defend freedom will be a personal decision.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

DorikinGTSt wrote:
continuity wrote:

Ok ...ok, it appeared to be a cop in the small version, not a foriegn soldier. Even so, are you sure that's what you mean? Really. Are you SURE????
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

jppd47 wrote:Firearms are firearms, has anyone used that in court?
Yesssss!

Machine guns? Assualt weapons? Large capacity magazines? Yes, it has been tried in court.

Here's one for MGs: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68372

Our government does not care what the laws are. They do not matter anymore. The system is rolling free on its own. They do what they want when they want.
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

continuity wrote:Ok ...ok, it appeared to be a cop in the small version, not a foriegn soldier. Even so, are you sure that's what you mean? Really. Are you SURE????
Yes, and I hope you use your suppressed weapons to keep people off of the cattle cars when your brethren may be doing otherwise. :mrgreen:
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

DorikinGTSt wrote:Yes, and I hope you use your suppressed weapons to keep people off of the cattle cars when your brethren may be doing otherwise. :mrgreen:
In all seriousness, a singularly horrifying bridge that one pray's will never need be crossed...
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

continuity wrote:
DorikinGTSt wrote:Yes, and I hope you use your suppressed weapons to keep people off of the cattle cars when your brethren may be doing otherwise. :mrgreen:
In all seriousness, a singularly horrifying bridge that one pray's will never need be crossed...
This.

If I live out all my days without ever even having pointed a gun at anything but paper, tin, glass or game I will consider it a win.

Romanticizing defense, resistance or revolt is not a pastime I consider worth pursuing.
Ridd

Post by Ridd »

doubloon wrote:
continuity wrote:
This.

If I live out all my days without ever even having pointed a gun at anything but paper, tin, glass or game I will consider it a win.

Romanticizing defense, resistance or revolt is not a pastime I consider worth pursuing.
It is worth pursuing if only to prepare you mentally for the fact that you may have to point your firearms at something a lil more dangerous than a piece of paper. You going to let them take your arms the next time a hurricane hits? Border wars do not concern you one bit? Have children, like CPS?

Very real concerns should be taken very seriously.
continuity
Elite Member

Post by continuity »

Ridd wrote:
doubloon wrote:...
It is worth pursuing if only to prepare you mentally for the fact that you may have to point your firearms at something a lil more dangerous than a piece of paper. ...Very real concerns should be taken very seriously.
We are on the same page about being prepared, both physically and mentally, to address evil if it comes to find us.

There are things that we may not want to do, that we certainly don't look forward to doing, but that are things we must do. That we are responsible for doing. It is best to be able to do such things quickly, effeciently, and unemotionally. Learning how to do such things, and practicing to become proficient seems to be appropriate. As I understand doubloon's thoughts, romaticizing such acts is less than worthwhile. My nutcase neighbor and I agree with him.

IMHO, it is not appropriate to dwell upon them, use them for recreational discussion or sport, nor to sugar coat them.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

You guys are funny. Its comin in one form or another. By that time all the guns and munitions will be null. Guess we`ll have to use the wood ax. Do you fellers own any Katanas?
Fastflt1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fastflt1 »

SRM wrote:You guys are funny. Its comin in one form or another. By that time all the guns and munitions will be null. Guess we`ll have to use the wood ax. Do you fellers own any Katanas?
I wish you would fix your sig line, that aggravates the $h!t out of me. I hate poor gammer or incumpleat sin-tans-us ...---... :shock:

Might consider your opinion a little more viable and not so elementary. :roll:

Then again.....probably not..
Stay calm, stay strong, and have a backup plan.
DorikinGTSt
Silent But Deadly

Post by DorikinGTSt »

SRM wrote:You guys are funny. Its comin in one form or another. By that time all the guns and munitions will be null. Guess we`ll have to use the wood ax. Do you fellers own any Katanas?
opulence, i has it. Cold Steel Vietnam Tomahawk and heavy Sure Strike shuriken. Gotta get their Warhammer.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

Fastflt1 wrote:
I wish you would fix your sig line, that aggravates the $h!t out of me. I hate poor gammer or incumpleat sin-tans-us ...---... :shock:

Might consider your opinion a little more viable and not so elementary. :roll:

Then again.....probably not..
Thanks for pointing that out :oops: