BATF hate America?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

psp7
Silent But Deadly

BATF hate America?

Post by psp7 »

Why does the BATF seem to be such an obstacle for those of us who are law abiding citizens who desire to own an overly regulated product? Is their primary existance to undermine freedom and to plant the seeds of paranoia? I just dont get it :?
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Re: BATF hate America?

Post by YugoRPK »

Theyre a LOT better than they were under Janet Reno but theyre still doing whats a thankless job. They are enforcing inane laws that are poorly written. I dont like cops that pull me over for speeding either.
Putting the laughter in manslaughter
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

I really hope the BATF(collectively) loves America and doesnt see it as a job to molest Americans and their rights for ensuring we "dont exceed what they think we should or shouldnt be doing under the Constitution" .:D Just love freedom :)
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

I see you're from Oregon, which confirms my suspicion that you must be smoking something if you think BATFE has your best interest in mind.
mudshark
Silent But Deadly

Post by mudshark »

It shouldn't be a surprise that an agency placed in the role of regulating a given product would foster in itself an adversarial mindset against the users or makers of the product.

It's just a typical us-versus-them attitude.

You can expect to see the same behavior in grade schoolers. This is just scaled-up.
Mitt Romney is a gun banning RINO.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

YugoRPK wrote:Theyre a LOT better than they were under Janet Reno but theyre still doing whats a thankless job. They are enforcing inane laws that are poorly written. I dont like cops that pull me over for speeding either.
Yeah, I think this is a good way to look at it. They are people, and it is a job that'll put food on their table. And there's nothing that says they're all crawling through your bushes at night to take away your guns. However, it's likely any politicians tied to their organization are scary bastards.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Transformers0704
Silent But Deadly

Post by Transformers0704 »

i have always wondered. whats stopping cartel from making there own weapons? why they need guns from the USA. AK/silencer can easily be produced especially when you have lots of $$$. the cartels can build million dollars subsmarine to smuggle drugs to US. But cant build guns.
„Ç
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

Transformers0704 wrote:i have always wondered. whats stopping cartel from making there own weapons? why they need guns from the USA. AK/silencer can easily be produced especially when you have lots of $$$. the cartels can build million dollars subsmarine to smuggle drugs to US. But cant build guns.
Guns are cheap and widely available . Why spend millions developing a homegrown arms industry when they can be smuggled in with a few payoffs to customs officials or on the backs of donkeys. Smuggling drugs into the US is more problematic. Even if they arent getting guns hand delivered to them by our ATF there are still many,many ways to get them. I have no doubt that many if not most of the guns in Northern Mexico came from the US and were smuggled into Mexico illegally. We have guns, they have drugs.
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

700PSS wrote:I see you're from Oregon, which confirms my suspicion that you must be smoking something if you think BATFE has your best interest in mind.
You need to back the F--k up about my state, 'cuz I'll bet there are plenty of dopers where you live who'd curb-stomp ya in a second for a dime-bag.

While I like reading Yugo's posts and think he's a decent guy, I also have to point out that he recently moved here from Washington... not that we aren't very glad that he chose us over them.

The more right-thinking shooters we have living in the great state of Oregon the better.

-urban
YugoRPK
Silent But Deadly

Post by YugoRPK »

urban assault wrote:
700PSS wrote:I see you're from Oregon, which confirms my suspicion that you must be smoking something if you think BATFE has your best interest in mind.
You need to back the F--k up about my state, 'cuz I'll bet there are plenty of dopers where you live who'd curb-stomp ya in a second for a dime-bag.

While I like reading Yugo's posts and think he's a decent guy, I also have to point out that he recently moved here from Washington... not that we aren't very glad that he chose us over them.

The more right-thinking shooters we have living in the great state of Oregon the better.

-urban
No s--t and I havent even bought any good weed since i moved to Oregon....So There!
Transformers0704
Silent But Deadly

Post by Transformers0704 »

No s--t and I havent even bought any good weed since i moved to Oregon....So There!
for that you need to move south! like southern california. get your self the real green card smoke legally. :mrgreen:
„Ç
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

YugoRPK wrote:No s--t and I haven't even bought any good weed since I moved to Oregon....So there!
:lol:

Well Yugo, since you are obviously considered a pot-head once you become a resident by "some" dumb-ass people I can now clue you in to where the really good s--t is being grown.

Here goes...

Go down the east gravel road about six miles and turn right at the old yoga tipi.

Take Forest Service road 12 for another 10 miles, past the Chik 'N Dik Cafe, until you see a field with twenty brown cows and one white cow grazing in it.

Kill the white cow, we're sure he's a DEA informant.

There is a trap door in the field, knock three times on the door, whistle the theme song to "Star Trek", and a baggie of herb will be handed to you.

Hit that chronic hard my brother, rinse, lather, repeat as needed... it's what all us Oregonians do in our spare time.

PS: Don't give any to 700PSS, the last time he got stoned he started crying about the weed having opium in it or some s--t... then he pissed himself.

-urban
commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

YugoRPK wrote:
urban assault wrote:

-urban
Wait... so you've bought some bad weed? :wink:
Winter Is Coming.
psp7
Silent But Deadly

Post by psp7 »

I hate the pothead association being I'm from Oregon. Drugs are for scumbag coward loosers. Really. If you hate life that much to try and avoid the toils of life and have to escape through chemical dependancy then you should be part of the death with dignity program 8) In that case I vote Democrat :?
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

:P
Sorry, dude. It's just the stereotype of left-coast politics. Glad to know there are some good and decent folks like you holding ground out there. Beautiful place anyway. :)
PTK
Silent But Deadly

Post by PTK »

urban assault wrote:...There is a trap door in the field, knock three times on the door, whistle the theme song to "Star Trek", and a baggie of herb will be handed to you. ...

I s--t you not, while I was reading this TNG happened to be on in the background, just about halfway through the intro title sequence. TOO DAMN FUNNY. :lol:
RIP Dave. You will be missed.
urban assault
Silent But Deadly

Post by urban assault »

PTK wrote:
urban assault wrote:...There is a trap door in the field, knock three times on the door, whistle the theme song to "Star Trek", and a baggie of herb will be handed to you. ...

I s--t you not, while I was reading this TNG happened to be on in the background, just about halfway through the intro title sequence. TOO DAMN FUNNY. :lol:
I'm either psychotic or psychic, one or the other!

-urban