How fresh Certification of Trust should be?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Molon.Labe

How fresh Certification of Trust should be?

Post by Molon.Labe »

I've got a trust I created a year ago. Declaration is dated last March.
On the same day, I notarized the Certification of trust.
Now, I'm planning to apply for a new can.

Should I go and obtain a fresh Certification of trust, or the one I made last year would do?
Does ATF care when docs are dated?

Thanks!
nice shot
Silent But Deadly

Re: How fresh Certification of Trust should be?

Post by nice shot »

Molon.Labe wrote:I've got a trust I created a year ago. Declaration is dated last March.
On the same day, I notarized the Certification of trust.
Now, I'm planning to apply for a new can.

Should I go and obtain a fresh Certification of trust, or the one I made last year would do?
Does ATF care when docs are dated?

Thanks!

I'll let Sean chime in with the expert advice, but my opinion would be if the trust was created and is legally binding then it is legally binding from that day forward. Just because you add a can after that doesnt mean anything. Its the plus side of a trust. It's living and revocable. . . meaning you can add to and take away as you please.
YHM 7.62 Phantom QD
T.I. Stratus .22
AAC Eco-9
YHM15 SBR (pending)
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

I have been using my trust for over 15 years and never "updated" anything. The only changes made where the addition of my grandchildren when each was born. The ATF has accepted the trust several times after the addition of the first grand son and 4 times after the second grandson was added. I am no expert and my lawyer did my trust and the additions.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

No just use the same certification of trust you already have. It is fine. You dont have to update the CoT/keep it fresh.