1 trust copy with multiple Form 4s??

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jjmoberg

1 trust copy with multiple Form 4s??

Post by jjmoberg »

I recently sold a car and am going to use some of the cash to make a big NFA submission of 4 items. I have used my trust for 2 purchases thus far this year (neither approved yet). I have read some say to put each Form in a separate envelope.

So does that mean:

1. I need to write 4 separate checks for $200?? Is one $800 check even a possibility?

2. I need 4 copies of my trust and amendments and assignment sheets?

That will be a BIG packet!! I am hoping to do 4 checks and include one check in a smaller envelope with each Form 4, all within 1 big envelope containing 1 copy of the Trust, amendments, etc...

Or do I need to print my 19 page trust and amendments 4 times each??!!

Thanks,

Jeremy

By the way, love the forum!! My first item was a Kodiak TL, then last week an Essence. I am planning on an Infinity, a Miranda, a TBAC 30P-1, and a Leonidas upper for this larger purchase!
calinb
Silent Operator

Re: 1 trust copy with multiple Form 4s??

Post by calinb »

jjmoberg wrote:I recently sold a car and am going to use some of the cash to make a big NFA submission of 4 items. I have used my trust for 2 purchases thus far this year (neither approved yet). I have read some say to put each Form in a separate envelope.

So does that mean:

1. I need to write 4 separate checks for $200?? Is one $800 check even a possibility?

2. I need 4 copies of my trust and amendments and assignment sheets?

That will be a BIG packet!!
I did two Form 1 submissions a few months ago. I doubled everything except the check (single check for $400). I sent it in a pre-paid USPS priority envelope with delivery notification (same price for a big packet as a small one). I put colored marker labels/divider between each organized section of the package so the examiner can organize easily however they wish.

I never thought of writing multiple checks. I figured I was playing it safe by doubling everything.
rogerme
Silent But Deadly

Post by rogerme »

One 4 or 1 with 1 copy of the trust and one check. You can put them all in the same envelope but keep them separate. When I do multiples I use a paperclip to hold one trust copy one form 1 or 4 on top of that and one 200/ 5 dollar check on top of that. I have never had a problem.
"If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid about?"

Clint Smith
MCASSgt New River
Silent But Deadly

Post by MCASSgt New River »

1 copy if TRUST, 1 copy of CHECK/MO, and duplicate copies of whatever forms you need approved.

+1 rogerme...exactly.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including their life.'-That is Honor
No2sc2
Senior Silent Operator

Post by No2sc2 »

I want to sell my car to get an M16, but then I won't have a car.... :[