what would create legal standing?

2nd Amendment and Freedom

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bunkerguy

what would create legal standing?

Post by bunkerguy »

if i wanted to take the hughes amendment to the supreme court(and win) what legal standing would i need to make my case?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: what would create legal standing?

Post by Bendersquint »

bunkerguy wrote:if i wanted to take the hughes amendment to the supreme court(and win) what legal standing would i need to make my case?
Not being a dick but.... If you have to ask that question you are nowhere near qualified to do anything about it. Everything you have posted so far would get it thrown out in a shorter time than it took to print the docket on a laser printer.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

bunkerguy,
Contact the 2nd Amendment Foundation, since they do what you want to do (and were successful in both the Heller and McDonald cases). They have lawyers who wisely choose the case which is likely to succeed. You have to be committed to this process because it can take 5 years to wind its way through the District Court, Appeals Court and then possibly to the Supreme Court.

http://www.saf.org/

The 2nd Amendment Foundation would also help to evaluate whether a court case or legislative change approach is the most prudent course of action.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
MV10
Silent But Deadly

Post by MV10 »

johndoe3 wrote:You have to be committed to this process because it can take 5 years and several trainloads of cash to wind its way through the District Court, Appeals Court and then possibly to the Supreme Court.
Fixed that for ya. :D

It sure would be interesting to see somebody make a legit attempt, though!
Modern American political discourse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio