RCM vs HK threaded barrel for P30L?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

berserk686

RCM vs HK threaded barrel for P30L?

Post by berserk686 »

Hi guys,

I received a call today from my FFL to inform me that my octane 9 cleared! My first can, a SS sparrow, cleared just a week ago... it must be frigging christmas in July. The sparrow works even better than I expected... I'm glad I started this obsession after all.
Anyways, I am having some trouble deciding on a P30L threaded barrel. I was wondering if any of you have experience with both RCM and HK barrels. I have three options:

RCM P30L threaded barrel available now @hkparts - $239.95
HK factory threaded available now @hkparts - $399.95
HK factory threaded available within 4 months @ HKwebshop - $221

The third option has been confirmed with HK but isn't available yet for purchase in their web store. I want to know if I should wait to get the factory HK barrel from HK for cheap, or if I should go with one of the currently available options. I also want to know if there is a significant difference between performance between RCM and HK barrels.

I must admit, polygonal rifling is pretty cool... but I don't know if it's worth the difference in price. My main concerns are accuracy, reliability, price, and wait time since I think its safe to assume there will be little to no difference in suppression in either. I am kind of OCD and would like to keep it factory, but I need to be reasonable because these products aren't cheap and I will only be buying one. I am a patient person, but if there's no real difference with the RCM, I might as well get that so I can play with my new toy asap!

Thanks!
Vesper
Silent Operator

Re: RCM vs HK threaded barrel for P30L?

Post by Vesper »

Bump. I'm curious myself. Debating a RCM barrel for a HK VP9.
Host: M41A Pulse Rifle
Can: Jelly Donut
Liver
Silent But Deadly

Re: RCM vs HK threaded barrel for P30L?

Post by Liver »

berserk686 wrote:Hi guys,

I received a call today from my FFL to inform me that my octane 9 cleared! My first can, a SS sparrow, cleared just a week ago... it must be frigging christmas in July. The sparrow works even better than I expected... I'm glad I started this obsession after all.
Anyways, I am having some trouble deciding on a P30L threaded barrel. I was wondering if any of you have experience with both RCM and HK barrels. I have three options:

RCM P30L threaded barrel available now @hkparts - $239.95
HK factory threaded available now @hkparts - $399.95
HK factory threaded available within 4 months @ HKwebshop - $221

The third option has been confirmed with HK but isn't available yet for purchase in their web store. I want to know if I should wait to get the factory HK barrel from HK for cheap, or if I should go with one of the currently available options. I also want to know if there is a significant difference between performance between RCM and HK barrels.

I must admit, polygonal rifling is pretty cool... but I don't know if it's worth the difference in price. My main concerns are accuracy, reliability, price, and wait time since I think its safe to assume there will be little to no difference in suppression in either. I am kind of OCD and would like to keep it factory, but I need to be reasonable because these products aren't cheap and I will only be buying one. I am a patient person, but if there's no real difference with the RCM, I might as well get that so I can play with my new toy asap!

Thanks!
This thread is a month old, but just a heads up. The real deal HK barrels are on sale for $250. Mine came in last week.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/German-H ... _KmbkvclG4