PS90 Suppressor Which One?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Which Suppressor Is The Best For PS90 SBR?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Gemtech G5 w/FN P90 QD Mount
33%
AAC M4-2000 w/TROS Adapter and Ratchet Mount
67%

Total votes: 3

Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

PS90 Suppressor Which One?

Post by Jack_Bauer »

Which one of these two suppressors would be the quietest and operate the best during sustained fire on a PS90 SBR?

Pros & Cons between the two?

- Gemtech G5 w/FN P90 QD Mount

- AAC M4-2000 w/TROS Adapter and Ratchet Mount
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
ick
Silent But Deadly

Re: PS90 Suppressor Which One?

Post by ick »

Have the Gemtech G5 with the QD mount. Happy with it.

Would make the same selection even if someone could show a slight price difference and/or slight performance difference. The AAC probably is the better suppressor. I believe the AAC is lighter and it has better sound numbers. It is such a pain to get SS 5.7 I always use high velocity anyhow.... so marginal differences in sound performance really don't matter without using SS.

The QD mount just looks natural on the weapon. The AAC QD just did not look right to me.

-----
Ick
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

The suppressor would be a solely dedicated to the PS90 and no other gun. The reason I didn't include the Gemtech SFN-57 is the G5 & M4-2000 has more volume which will allows more sound reduction compared to the SFN.

The one thing I like about the G5 is the mount but is that really worth going with the G5 over the performance of the M4-2000?
"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Jack_Bauer wrote:The suppressor would be a solely dedicated to the PS90 and no other gun.
When I first bought the G5 I thought this as well, it would only be used on the PS90 and perhaps my M4. I, of course, found out that I eventually used it in other roles as well.
-----
Ick
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Jack_Bauer wrote:The one thing I like about the G5 is the mount but is that really worth going with the G5 over the performance of the M4-2000?
Are you intending to run 5.7 SS? Is there really that big of a performance difference?
-----
Ick
Jack_Bauer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jack_Bauer »

I planning on using the SS197 with the PS90. I have several Colt M4 SBR's and each one has a suppressor on them so I'm not going to be taking it off and using on another platform. The way it looks now I'll probably be going with the M4-2000.
Thomas Jefferson
[b]GOA Life Member[/b]