Posting pictures or picture attachments.

Post here if you have problems or suggestions. We will post announcements here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

gsyoung54
Silent But Deadly

Posting pictures or picture attachments.

Post by gsyoung54 »

For God's sake how do I include pictures in post or private messages to help people see what I'm talking about?
George from Alaska
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Posting pictures or picture attachments.

Post by a_canadian »

Type or copy and paste a link to an image hosted somewhere online. You may use an image hosting service such as Imgur, Flickr, or whatever. Or you may use your own server if you have a private web hosting arrangement. Or you may open an image from some other website in a browser window, just the image itself (right click image, select 'view image' from the menu), then copy and paste that link into this comment box.

Once you have a link here - that's something starting with 'http://' or similar - then select that link, then go to the buttons which are displayed above this text input box and you'll find the Img button there near the right hand end of the set of buttons. Clicking Img while text is selected will automatically put a start and end image tag around the link, turning it into an inline image. This is a basic function of a PHPbb forum.

There is no 'browse...' button for inserting images in this forum, for reasons our host has explained elsewhere, I think. That's unusual for a forum, but whatever, there are lots of options to work around it and insert images.