FX Royale - shroud???

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

fruitfarmer

FX Royale - shroud???

Post by fruitfarmer »

Hi everybody. I'm just new here, and this is my first post.

I have an FX Royale 300 , in .25 cal. I need to use for pest control on my fruit farm. Also like to practice in my basement during the winter months. This rifle has no sound supression. . .

Where can I get a good full-length barrel shroud, shipped to a USA address?

Anybody had any experience with this rifle? Mine shoots really good with JSB's out to more than 60 yards. But on FULL power is pretty loud. . .

Appreciate any comments. . .
a_canadian
Silent But Deadly

Re: FX Royale - shroud???

Post by a_canadian »

It's possible, but I doubt you'll have any luck getting a commercial suppressor shipped to you. Perhaps a custom job... but even there it seems the law in the USA makes it a bit difficult for machinists to tell whether they're on one side of the regulations or the other where airguns are concerned. I'd recommend studying shrouds here and in airgun forums, then finding a local machinist to do the work making one you like, or doing the work yourself. Even an aluminum pipe from Home Depot with a stack of washers and a slightly smaller pipe cut up for spacers will work quite well. Just have to make sure it aligns well with the bore.
O2HeN2
Silent But Deadly

Re: FX Royale - shroud???

Post by O2HeN2 »

fruitfarmer wrote:Where can I get a good full-length barrel shroud, shipped to a USA address?
You might try http://talontunes.com/, he makes "moderators" for a number of different air rifles.

O2
When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.