Going on 20 weeks since I paid for my M42K

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

inkaybe

Going on 20 weeks since I paid for my M42K

Post by inkaybe »

I am starting to get a little upset. Does anybody at ACC have an answer for me? My Dealer told me to contact you because they can't get a strait answer out of you.

My name is Kris Birchler it was a M42k in6.8 ordered though Jensen's in Loveland Colorado.

Edit for weekly bump
Last edited by inkaybe on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

By 'straight' do you mean 'definitive?'

I will find out for you tomorrow.
Devil_Dawg
Silent Operator

Post by Devil_Dawg »

Didn't you guys say you would no longer provide such info such as ETA, and not to ask in a previous post here?

I have been also waiting 14 weeks which I have pre-paid. I spoke with my dealer Midwest Gun Exchange this past week to see if I could change my order, and was advised they also pre-paid AAC which was news to me since I have read here that was not the normal process. Not sure what the deal is.

All I do know is when I ordered it, when I paid for it, and that Mike provided S/N and advised it would ship with the 1st batch.

If someone could provided me a ETA I would be thankful, or a refund to my dealer so I can buy another can.
Semper Fi
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yes, I don't plan to give an ETA. I want to make sure there is nothing wrong with the order and it is in-progress.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

We are sorry for any delay that may be on our end. Call the office tomorow and speak with Lynsey or Freddy. If you do not like their answers on possible delivery, simply request a refund. We would like to earn your business, so please speak with someone at our office.
jerrytofdallas
Elite Member

Re: Going on 19 weeks since I paid for my M42K

Post by jerrytofdallas »

inkaybe wrote:I am starting to get a little upset. Does anybody at ACC have an answer for me? My Dealer told me to contact you because they can't get a strait answer out of you.

My name is Kris Birchler it was a M42k in6.8 ordered though Jensen's in Loveland Colorado.
Ditto: My name is Jerry Thompson and on Feb 22nd, I ordered and paid in full for a 7.62 SD, FiveSeven & Aviator from the Armory in Mesquite, Texas (listed as a AAC dealer on AAC website). They recieved the Aviator in 7 weeks. They haven't been able to get even a ball park ETA on the 7.62 or 57. Not even a reason for the delay. Nothing, nah nah, zero.

Since March I've ordered and recieved (including BATFE), cans from AWC, SWR, HTG, GemTech and Tactical Inovations. Something wrong with the picture here. I can understand government orders taking precedent and having more business than you can handle, but.....

Having more orders than you can fill in a reasonable (6-8 weeks) time frame is a nice business problem to have, but forthright & timely communications on delivery status with your dealers and customers is an absolute neccessity when you do. A definative answer would be nice and sincerely appreciated.

Best Regards from a fanatical AAC customer and supporter,

Jerry Thompson

P.S. Edit - Sorry but didn't see last few posts including Kevin's before I sent mine.
M42K,762SD,416SD,Evo40,ScarH,Cyclops,Aviator,5.7,Prodigy,Stinger,Phoenix,UltraII,Spec2K,TT,T3 AAT Badlander,HEMS2,T9,Warlock,Spectre,Universal,Nano,GT,5.7,OasisR,OBII,MKIIIPro,Comanche,Odessa Osprey
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I fully believe your experience, but that G5 we ordered took at least four months to arrive. Also I know someone who ordered an HTG and it took about three months. So I really do not think it is limited to AAC. But yes, AWC, who has made the same cans for 10+ years -- I would expect them to be on the shelf.
dmtsc
Silent But Deadly

Post by dmtsc »

I connot believe these people get so upset over waiting for something that is a specialty product and goes through a lot of regulations. They are probably done in batches and the machine work on high quality suppressors has very fine tolerences. I have ordered barrels that took over 4 months to get. You know up front that it is a new product that takes time to produce and you get upset , so go order something on someone's shelf! I have waited on approvals from ther ATF that took in excess of 6 months.
jerrytofdallas
Elite Member

Post by jerrytofdallas »

rsilvers wrote:I fully believe your experience, but that G5 we ordered took at least four months to arrive. Also I know someone who ordered an HTG and it took about three months. So I really do not think it is limited to AAC. But yes, AWC, who has made the same cans for 10+ years -- I would expect them to be on the shelf.
Depends on the model can. I ordered a HTG Universal on March 1st and it arrived at dealer on May 31st, BATFE paper (corp) cleared and was back to dealer on June 4th when I took delivery. 96 days by my count but I understand your point on AAC not being the only one with beau coup back orders.

The difference is when my dealers or I call the other guys, we generally get a straight up answer, usually our spot in line with estimated ship time (sometimes wildly optimistic) or outright "we don't have a clue because one of our suppliers or subs has a problem etc" or "a huge order from an unamed gov't agency is taking precedent etc".

It's the no communications that's hard to understand. Thanks for listening.
M42K,762SD,416SD,Evo40,ScarH,Cyclops,Aviator,5.7,Prodigy,Stinger,Phoenix,UltraII,Spec2K,TT,T3 AAT Badlander,HEMS2,T9,Warlock,Spectre,Universal,Nano,GT,5.7,OasisR,OBII,MKIIIPro,Comanche,Odessa Osprey
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

dmtsc wrote:I connot believe these people get so upset over waiting for something that is a specialty product and goes through a lot of regulations. They are probably done in batches and the machine work on high quality suppressors has very fine tolerences. I have ordered barrels that took over 4 months to get. You know up front that it is a new product that takes time to produce and you get upset , so go order something on someone's shelf! I have waited on approvals from ther ATF that took in excess of 6 months.
I think this would be true if they were custom making something by hand, but many of these items are 'off the shelf' or so the dealers are claiming.

My friend Wally gave a dealer nearly $3K for some AAC suppressors 4 months ago, one of them being a black box and not one of them have shipped yet --- understanding of course that he will now have to get a refund from the dealer for the black box.

This is one of the things I'm so excited about regarding the TAC-16, the damned thing was in my hand 3 weeks after I gave Craig my credit card, and that is including shipping time to my NFA transfer agent.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

As far as I know, AAC has not taken a single order for a Black Box.
Hootiewho
Super Dunce

Post by Hootiewho »

dmtsc wrote:I connot believe these people get so upset over waiting for something that is a specialty product and goes through a lot of regulations. They are probably done in batches and the machine work on high quality suppressors has very fine tolerences. I have ordered barrels that took over 4 months to get. You know up front that it is a new product that takes time to produce and you get upset , so go order something on someone's shelf! I have waited on approvals from ther ATF that took in excess of 6 months.
I think the guy is more interested in realistic communitcation between manufacturer and buyer. Everyone knows that the waiting is the nature of the beast in this game, but being able to contact someone and have them say, " I will not have model xyz up for production due to a tooling change or cnc reprogram for another 6 weeks" is a lot better than "Bout two more weeks". I think that was his point. I ran into the same thing ordering an Obermeyer barrel, when I first ordered he told meup front: I am doing barrels for the Knights rifles right now and it will be a while. Now when he lost my order 4 times, I finally gave up; but at least he was up front at the beginning.
Last edited by Hootiewho on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin/AAC
Elite Industry Professional

Post by Kevin/AAC »

rsilvers wrote:As far as I know, AAC has not taken a single order for a Black Box.
That is correct.
cardboardkiller
Senior Silent Operator

Re: Going on 19 weeks since I paid for my M42K

Post by cardboardkiller »

inkaybe wrote:I am starting to get a little upset. Does anybody at ACC have an answer for me? My Dealer told me to contact you because they can't get a strait answer out of you.

Doh, hopefully my order for a 6.8 M42K07 falls in line with yours. I don't really see 6.8's being a hot ticket item. I sure don't want to wait 6 months or more for it, by that time I may not even be living in this country.

I ordered mine from PAR Firearms in West Palm Beach, FL in SCARmor, with a flash hider and paid upfront on or about June 12th.

Hell, I've even got all my paperwork filled out, signed and a check made out for the ATF. All I need to do is put dates on everything.
PPGMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by PPGMD »

rsilvers wrote:I fully believe your experience, but that G5 we ordered took at least four months to arrive.
I believe that. It took my Blackside over two months to arrive at my dealer even though it was an in stock item.
"Some day you will wake up next to a woman and she won't scream" - A Buddy From College

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside
jerrytofdallas
Elite Member

Post by jerrytofdallas »

Hootiewho wrote:I think the guy is more interested in realistic communitcation between manufacturer and buyer. Everyone knows that the waiting is the nature of the beast in this game, but being able to contact someone and have them say, " I will not have model xyz up for production due to a tooling change or cnc reprogram for another 6 weeks" is a lot better than "Bout two more weeks". I think that was his point. I ran into the same thing ordering an Obermeyer barrel, when I first ordered he told meup front: I am doing barrels for the Knights rifles right now and it will be a while. Now when he lost my order 4 times, I finally gave up; but at least he was up front at the beginning.
Bingo!! Hootie wins the prize. I've waited 3 years for stuff before but got regular updates along the way. That's all I'm expecting now. If it takes 9 months then tell me what the reason is and keep me posted periodically.

There is relatively cheap inventory/order/manfacturing process control/shipping reminder software available that will semi-automatically track and send periodic status e-mails to whoever.

I ordered a Hydro-Press from Dave Corbin over 6 months ago and have gotten personal update e-mails monthly and an apology letter at the 6th month explaining that he had gotten a large military order that took priority.

He called me personally yesterday to let me know my press was finished and shipping yesterday. That's communicating with your customer, which is all I'm expecting when dropping 7-8K on AAC products over past several years. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" plain and simple.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It does not scale well when you sell 6000 of something a year. Maybe for his press he sells 20 or 30?
jerrytofdallas
Elite Member

Post by jerrytofdallas »

rsilvers wrote:It does not scale well when you sell 6000 of something a year. Maybe for his press he sells 20 or 30?
Touch'e. But he sells one hell of a lot of swaging dies and still manages to keep status updates coming, but then he's automated the process with tracking software.

I think the investment in automatic order tracking software would be money well spent from a customer public relations standpoint. You've already got the best product on the market, why not make the investment to have the best customer service/communications public relations also.

Then you could truly say you've got the market cornered in all regards. I'm going to keep buying AAC regardless but sure would save a lot of aggravation for everybody. Think about the number of e-mails and phone calls it would eliminate but as Dennis Miller would say, "it's just my opinion and I could be wrong" Just my 2.
cardboardkiller
Senior Silent Operator

Post by cardboardkiller »

jerrytofdallas wrote:Bingo!! Hootie wins the prize. I've waited 3 years for stuff before but got regular updates along the way. That's all I'm expecting now. If it takes 9 months then tell me what the reason is and keep me posted periodically.
+1

I'm on the 2nd year of a 4-5 year wait for a pistol. I was told this up front and had read it elsewhere and knew what to expect.

More and more I have to wait on stuff because what I buy isn't ordinary off the shelf stuff for the most part and my tastes and interests in firearms varies widely and covers most of the spectrum.

I don't have a problem waiting for something if I know about when to expect it, but not knowing if a gun or whatever is going to show up next week, next month or next year is rather frustrating.

I spend a good deal of time away from home for work. I've worked in 6 different states and a foreign country (Norway) so far this year and I'll be adding another foreign country (Turks & Caicos) to the list week after next, as well as at least 3 other states by the end of the year. All the above is contingent on me not taking a long term job in Norway.

My schedule is tight and ever changing and I like to be able to plan ahead somewhat, especially when things like the ATF are involved.
carry-a-big-stick
Silent But Deadly

Post by carry-a-big-stick »

I have gone through the same thing with my evo9. My dealer was told that it was a stocked item. Three months later it finaly shipped. I am fine with waiting for things but when my dealer called every week and got the same answer "it will ship this week" It gets kinda frustrating. If AAC just said It won't ship for 4 months or 6 months I would have been fine but when a sales man makes stuff up just to get you off the phone then I am not fine. I trust my dealer a lot and take him at his word so I belive him more than a sales person. I still love AAC products and have ordered 2 more products from them. I just take the eta that I got on the cans with a Big grain of salt.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

I have watched this thread for a few days without saying anything but I guess my time has come.....
Maybe it is just me...but I have called AAC maybe a dozen times.....and emailed them maybe 6-8....
I have always gotten a timely call back.....maybe the answer was I will have to wait a while, or I don't know, but I always got an answer....
I always felt I had a timely answer to my emails (or in some cases PM's) as well.....
My dealers are stocking dealers (Clyde Armory in Athens, and of course the infamous Bookhound)

My dealers have taken my money up front ONLY when they had the item in stock....I find it hard to believe a dealer would take a customers money for a Blackbox, or anything else that hasn't even been produced yet....

I feel that maybe some of these so called dealers are being less than honest with some of their customers.....and AAC is taking the hit for it
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.
topherseven
Industry Professional

Post by topherseven »

I have transferred all of my NFA stuff up to this point through the dealer in question. I can tell you this, when they tell you something like that chances are they have really not put the time into figuring it out. They tend to treat NFA as a chore. My last transfer sat there for well over two weeks with an approved from 4 because someone filed it away and did not call or tell any other employees. I called many times and was told they had nothing. It took me getting in contact with the examiner and him calling them before they realized they had it. I got a call two minutes later.
50BMG

Post by 50BMG »

[quote="jerrytofdallas] I ordered a Hydro-Press from Dave Corbin over 6 months ago and have gotten personal update e-mails monthly and an apology letter at the 6th month explaining that he had gotten a large military order that took priority.

He called me personally yesterday to let me know my press was finished and shipping yesterday. That's communicating with your customer, which is all I'm expecting when dropping 7-8K on AAC products over past several years. "What we have here is a failure to communicate" plain and simple.[/quote]

I guess we have been waiting for the same thing. I ordered a set up to make 50BMG bullets last year, and the press is the last piece in the puzzle. I really wish I had customers waiting for my products.... :cry:
SWR Trident9
Tactical Innovations TAC65
Tactical Innovations TAC16
monkeytoys
Silent But Deadly

Post by monkeytoys »

if there's one thing that I've learned from this board..... when ordering aac products, order them from someone who has them in stock. It actually took longer for my 3 aac cans to be transferred by atf from aac to my dealer than it did for the atf to approve the transfer to me from my dealer.

if it's not in stock, you will wait for a while.

my question on tracking the individual's order is this: how does aac track your order if you didn't place it with them. they can only track the order the sot places. unless the dealer sends in the request along with a customer's name, the end customer can't be notified. i've read far too many times the sot is not placing the order or is not calling to check or is just not doing his job to help the process.

i'm with galeo, i've called them and aac has been very helpful and fast on their customer service.
Silent But Deadly

Post by 3101 »

I would love to have a dealer explain on this thread why on earth he would take a customers money for a product he didn't have........and didn't know when, or if he could get.....
And then I need someone to explain to me how that is AAC's, or Gemtechs, or anyone elses fault....
Mr. Burns: This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you.
Smithers: You are noble and poetic in defeat, sir.