Flats!

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

bakerjw
Elite Member

Flats!

Post by bakerjw »

Jeesh, how many flat tires can a person get in one week! I've had 7 in the last 6 days. When I say flats I refer to bicycle flats. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Swiss DT tubeless wheelset. With tubeless tires you run a clotting liquid that virtually stops all flats. But boy oh boy have I gone through tubes and patches.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Re: Flats!

Post by doubloon »

Beats my record of 3 in a month.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

--- gneeek ---

I guess now is not the time to tell you that my road bike (18 speed slope alu frame "racer") has never had a single flat tire in 7 years ..

Admittedly I only ride it once or twice a week, but thats around 2 x 25 miles .... Gone through more sets of tires than I can remember .. all of them Kevlar reinforced tubed tyres ... From some German manufacturer ... and not even that expensive ..
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541
bakerjw
Elite Member

Post by bakerjw »

We run continental gatorskins on our tandem bike. They wear great and have yet to have a flat except when we got a pinch flat one time. For my road bike I used to use some heavy commute tires but now I just run with light ones to give better performance.

I've opted for a Swiss DT R23 Spline wheelset to run tubeless. Light weight and flat resistant. The budget committee will decide when those will be ordered.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
Marsblue

Post by Marsblue »

I always ran stan's no tubes sealant in my tires. Mountain bike as tubeless setup, road bikes got it in their tubes and I even put it in tubular tires(the kind you glue on, mostly for racing). Goat heads get sealed right up and I even once pulled a piece of barbed wire from my mountain bike tire. There are a few other products that I don't have experience. Slime sucks in my experience. Mostly just showed me where to patch with the green.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

So now, instead of getting a flat, you'll get a flat and your bike covered in sealant. :lol:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I can't remember any flats, except when I wheeled a bike with no air in the tires and got a pinch flat.

So none while riding that I can remember.