Very Interesting article by Peace Corps volunteer (on sh%$holes)

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Very Interesting article by Peace Corps volunteer (on sh%$holes)

Post by johndoe3 »

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles ... right.html

A Peace Corps volunteer describes her time in Africa (as it relates to Trump's supposed remark that some places are Sh%%holes).[Only democrat Dick Durbin has claimed that Trump said it, while a number of Trump Cabinet officers there at the meeting say he never said it, so it is in dispute whether that exact phraseology was used]

Eye-opening article in its descriptions if you've never been there.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time...and those are pretty good odds.
Brett Maverick, gambler on TV (also used by Progressive leaders everywhere)
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Re: Very Interesting article by Peace Corps volunteer (on sh%$holes)

Post by hardcase »

I think Dick is the same guy who said chain migration was a racist comment since it involved chains.
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

Just a word of caution here .. The "peace Corp" lady describes a Senegal from a least 20 years ago ..

Does anyone actually think that time has stood completely still, even in Senegal ???

I do not think for one minute that the situation or the mindset of the people of Senegal has changed much since this woman was a volunteer there, but it has definitely changed, the Gross National Product of Senagal has more than doubled in the last 30 years .. I.e. on average the people there are more than twice as wealthy now..

Go there and check out what its like NOW... don't rely on a well-meaning but outdated description of an African country..
DKDravis

"Sapere Aude": Dare to KNOW!
"Do not adjust your mind, there's a fault in reality!"
"When Wrong becomes Right, Resistance becomes our duty!"
Postal code 8541
fishman
Silent But Deadly

Post by fishman »

DKDravis wrote:the Gross National Product of Senagal has more than doubled in the last 30 years
Is that inflation adjusted or...
Last edited by fishman on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
300 blackout form 1: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=137293

5.56 form 1:
http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141800&p=955647#p955647
jreinke
Silent But Deadly

Post by jreinke »

I sincerely doubt much has changed.
[url=http://militarysignatures.com][img]http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member1236.png[/img][/url]
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I would be willing to bet nothing has changed.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

Yep .. inflation adjusted -- :wink:

Average inflation in Senegal from 1999 to now is only 0.7 % At present (2016) it is negative -0.5% -- compare this to the average inflation of the United States in 2016, which was 1.26 % -

Unlike most "western industrialized economies" the economy of a lot of African countries, including Senegal are growing significantly .. but Senegal is still an extremely poor country -- GDP pr. Capita is around $2500,- Compared to around $57.000 for the US!
But the Senegalese GDP rises on average 3,7% per year against 0,8% for the US .. So the Senegalese are getting richer at a rate that is almost 5 times faster than the average american. ( and more than 6 times faster than most Europeans)

When you factor in the population growth in Senegal, this is a very significantly accelerating Economy .. Neither Europe, nor the US have ever seen this sort of economic growth.. So Things are very definitely CHANGING in a lot of African countries .. you would LOOSE that bet poiki -- :mrgreen:

This sort of economic growth is of course boosted by the "western world" pumping development money into African countries, but in the case of Senegal, this is low compared to the total economic revenues. (BTW .. "pumping aid money into developing countries" was actually what "saved" a lot of small European countries immediately after WW2 -- the "Marshall-aid" actually saved the agricultural industry in my country)

I totally agree with the point of view that the poverty and "backwardness" of African countries can not be helped or adressed by just letting the africans move to the US (or Europe) .. There are so many disruptive problems with the clash of the culture and mindset of such immigrants with "western culture" that this would just amount to "importing poverty" -- Not a solution... But just referring to African countries in general as "S%&th%les" and banning all travel from these countries to the US or Europe certainly is NOt a solution to anything it is just bigotry and smallmindedness - Just "pumping in development money" is no solution either .. This "aid" has to be accompanied by rigorous efforts to regulate the economy of such countries, to combat corruption and "kleptocracy" which is widespread in a lot of African states.
DKDravis

Postal code 8541
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I wasn't talking about money. I have lived countries that were majority black and black led. They were invariably s--t holes. It ain't the cash, it is the culture and the people's attitudes.
The moments I was censored was the moment that I won. That's twice, now.Thanks jwbaker, et al, for my victories.
DKDravis
Silent But Deadly

Post by DKDravis »

@poiki ..

There are Eastern European countries (or ex-soviet union) that are at least as bad, and they are run by "white" people .. :mrgreen: Not Really a "skin colour" issue --
DKDravis

Postal code 8541
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

I have been to Bulgaria. It was a sad, nasty, hopeless place. I understand Albania is a miserable place to be. They are nothing like what I have seen in the Caribbean. Europeans understand the importance of not taking a s--t on the sidewalks. My time in Sofia did not consist of desperately wanting a gun and being happy I had been properly vaccinated.

When I was in Iraq, the company I worked for had a contract in Africa for $1500 a day. Zero takers.

Those rotten places to live are that way due to the people who live there. Their attitudes and the culture that shapes those attitudes are simply inferior to our’s. If they weren’t, then they eould be good places to live, and nobody would want to leave.

Nobody flees Australia or Canada for a better life in Zimbabwe.
poikilotrm
Silent But Deadly

Post by poikilotrm »

Stefan Molyneaux on shithole countries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFA6op8C8vU
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

A country is only partly the land, and is mostly its people. Why would Senegal spontaneously adjust its culture to a more successful one? 20 years isn't enough time to overcome the fundamental problems plaguing it. It's asinine to hint that Senegal has become some paradise just because 20 years has passed since that female's report. Improvements aren't cultural, they're symptomatic of international aide and investment. Investment because of what the land has to offer, not its people.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Much of the problem lies with birth control and the imediate gratification sex provides. It is hard to pull youself out of the muck when you have kids needing the basics of life. When you have 14 year olds having babies the cycle keeps going.