Ammo shortages

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

I've been getting ammo at my local Army Surplus store, they seem to fly under the radar a little more than Walmart or Gander. They always have a few five shell boxes of 00 Buck and slugs, for 4.70 and 3.90 a box respectively. Anyway, I just went there last night and they have now started stocking reloads. Some bring orange box labeled as HSM. Apparently it is once fired brass from that LEOs use to train with. So when you open the box, it all looks pretty clean, but there are many different stamps on the cases. Lots of WINCHESTER 9mm, or Speer 9 +P, etc. Last night I paid $11.50 per 50 for 115 gr 9mm, and $14.50 per 50 of 180 gr .40 S&W. Not too bad if the ammo is decent.
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

I can't sleep at night because I have a .410 and not a single round of ammo for it. I keep ordering and I keep getting told it's sold out and backordered. It's like a nightmare!
RX7-2nr
Silent But Deadly

Post by RX7-2nr »

Stu wrote:I've been getting ammo at my local Army Surplus store, they seem to fly under the radar a little more than Walmart or Gander. They always have a few five shell boxes of 00 Buck and slugs, for 4.70 and 3.90 a box respectively. Anyway, I just went there last night and they have now started stocking reloads. Some bring orange box labeled as HSM. Apparently it is once fired brass from that LEOs use to train with. So when you open the box, it all looks pretty clean, but there are many different stamps on the cases. Lots of WINCHESTER 9mm, or Speer 9 +P, etc. Last night I paid $11.50 per 50 for 115 gr 9mm, and $14.50 per 50 of 180 gr .40 S&W. Not too bad if the ammo is decent.
i bought some .223 HSM at sportsmans warehouse before they closed, probably would have been about 2 years ago. brass-cased 55g soft point remanufactured ammo. about the same price too, $12/50. i bought alot of it everytime i was in there. dirt cheap, and i saved the brass for reloading.
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

I just got my 1K rounds of subsonic 9 from GA but I cant get any 9 or 45 from and Wally world around here,it pops up every once in awhile but thats it.
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

I am saying that we should be concerned Obama is in office. He does not get it. Just like the majority of the rest of our country. They were not raised with firearms or hunting and therefore these things are evil. If you need the ammo buy it, if you want to try to make money on it for resale then welcome to the United States of America! What I won't take is places like Wal Mart letting people in communities dictate to them if their store should sell firearms or not. I live on Long Island and at least two locations no longer sell guns only ammo. I do not do business at these locations(even if it means a ride). Oh yeah, all of this happened when we still had a more firearm friendly President. Do I think that they are tracking people who buy more than 500 rounds? NO Do I care if they are? NO
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
Snake-eater 1
Silent But Deadly

Post by Snake-eater 1 »

Local Walmart had 30 boxes of 9mm yesterday morning (100 bulk pack, white box). Two friends and I ended up with 20 boxes of it (store limits each customer to 6 boxes, but one guy got away with 8). It was all gone by 9:30, which was 1-2 hours longer than it usually lasts.
"Our drills are bloodless battles,
Our battles are bloody drills."
A saying of the Spartans
Texas'shooten

ammo

Post by Texas'shooten »

I have given up on local stores for ammo. i look on-line but again everything is backorded. This one company after 60 days two diferent ship dates and getting a response i wrote the BBB. :oops: It made me feel better as I am now banned from PROA***** website. oh well :shock:
Tyris
Silent But Deadly

Re: ammo

Post by Tyris »

Texas'shooten wrote: It made me feel better as I am now banned from PROA***** website. oh well
WTF is "PROA*****" ?

What is the point of a rant when you refuse to name names?
Either call them out by name or remain silent, because your post is currently content free.

-T
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

PROA...

People's Republic Of Arkansas.

Police Renumeration Of Anklets.

Please Ream Our Buttocks.

Pigs Read Online Articles.

Propogandist Rely On Assumptions.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

I've basically come up with a simple theory of why Walmart never has bullets, ever, or if it does when you're there, it's a fluke, and you better buy what you can get.

People buy and do a lot of stuff from Walmart, Food, Electronics, Car Maintenance Items, Tools, Plants, Clothing, Sporting Goods, Toys, Photo Development, Banking Options, Glasses fitting, Game Arcades, basically, alot.

With so many people now in the Panic buying mode, and honestly, I'm not panic buying, but I realize I need to buy ammo if I can find it cheap because it's scarce, so, essentially it continues the cycle regardless of my disposition on the issue.

Anyway, when people are in Walmart, buying or doing any of those other things, I'd say if they're interested in guns even marginally, at this day and age, they check to see if they have any bullets in stock.

You have a better chance at Dick's, or dedicated Sporting Good stores, because people go there for one type of item, at Walmart, people can be running errands, and just always check to see if it's there.

So basically, Walmart is the absolute worst place IMHO to find ammo.

ETA: Improper Word Usage.