bunnies

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

steve7478
Silent But Deadly

bunnies

Post by steve7478 »

Okay it is getting a little ridiculous in my neighborhood with the rabbit population. I have killed 7 in two days just in my garden. I even have a fence up around my garden. It is 30 inches high above ground and 6 inches below and they are still getting in. Crossbow has slain 3 and the rest with a pellet rifle. There are still more around. At any given time there is at least 3 in my front yard. I don't want to stake any in my front yard because of the neighbors. All I need is a neighbor to run outside because of the human infant like screams of a dieing rabbit just in time to see me give it the death blow with a shovel. Pretty sure that would not go over so well.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

My wife's mother fought an endless killing bunnie to protect the garden.

Here end result was to put out corn and rabbit feed in dishes for them and they left the garden alone.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Better yet, put corn and bunny feed in the neighbors yards.
rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

Stu wrote:Better yet, put corn and bunny feed in the neighbors yards.
This is what knowledgeable people do with bug zappers; give them to the neighbors as a gift.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

I'd get some live traps and learn how to make bunny stew.
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Re: Fucking bunnies

Post by Stu »

steve7478 wrote: It is 30 inches high above ground and 6 inches below and they are still getting in.
Here is your problem. 30" is nothing for a rabbit. I know that rabbits aren't like cats, which are willing to jump onto the top of the fence to see what is on the other side, but I'm positive I've seen a baby rabbit jump over 30" straight up before.

We saw a baby rabbit sitting in my neighbors yard a few years ago. My cousin quietly made a snowball and underhand tossed it into the yard. He came surprisingly close and that little bunny jumped straight up about as high as my belt, easily over 30". I just measured before I posted.
Bits
Silent But Deadly

Re: Fucking bunnies

Post by Bits »

steve7478 wrote:I don't want to stake any in my front yard because of the neighbors.
If by "stake" you mean "lop off their heads and put them on stakes to send a message to the others," yes, I can see how that could draw a few raised eyebrows from the neighbors.
Incoming fire has right of way.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Bits That is fucking great you sick bastard. I meant shooting them with the crossbow which usually ends up with the arrow head stuck in the ground with a bunny attached mid shaft.

I just picked up more fence and am going to 48 inches tall. I just did not want to have to build a gate to get in and out of a garden. 30 inches seemed tall enough at the time. I thought they were using my woodpile to jump in since I have seen them on it in the past. It is still a good 2 foot jump to get in and I did not think the critters had the brains to use the woodpile for a launch pad to get at the greens.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
jjgow
Silent But Deadly

Post by jjgow »

Get one of those full auto .22LR Tippman Browning clones. Dig trenches and build a bunker in your yard. Then, mow them down en masse, WWI style.

You should probably suppress it, though, just to be courteous to the neighbors.
Bits
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bits »

steve7478 wrote:Bits That is fucking great you sick bastard.
That's Klingon Bastard (long story, requires copious amounts of alcohol). You got the sick part right, though.

I must be in a mood tonight... I answered this thread before this one, but both responses came out pretty much the same.

I like the trench / bunker / MG idea too, but you should stick with a period piece (ideally an M1917, but a BAR would do in a pinch). Lay down some concertina wire, too. And maybe a few trips flares.
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

paintball gun with OC filled paintballs.

Just don't chop balls and you'll be fine.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

pneumagger wrote:paintball gun with OC filled paintballs.

Just don't chop balls and you'll be fine.
Get a Tippmann A5 and you'll be good to go, I have one and I shoot about 11 bps with stock trigger and I've never chopped once. I love that marker.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

The first time I went paintballing was last year at the start of my bachelor party. It was alot cheaper than a day at the range and very fun. By the end of the month I had an Invert Mini and all the gear.

Running drills with my subgun is fun but the speed ball field is close if not better especially because nobody yells if you have a beer between rounds.

The rabbits would look great painted. Maybe I will just keep one hopper in the freezer.
jupiterdraft
Silent But Deadly

Post by jupiterdraft »

Now we can be reminded of the origins of the phrase:

"fucks like bunnies"

:twisted:
The gene pool needs a shock treatment!

Diapers & Politicians...
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

st33ve0 wrote: Get a Tippmann A5 and you'll be good to go, I have one and I shoot about 11 bps with stock trigger and I've never chopped once. I love that marker.
My semi is a Level 10 Automag (pneumag) and a Halo.
I like to play stockclass pump more though.
I reject your truths and substitute my own realities
KingTiger
Silent But Deadly

Post by KingTiger »

I've seen more rabbits so far this year than the last 5 combined. I harvested these 2 last weekend. The lighted scope reticle came in handy since they didn't come out 'till after 8 PM. Used a Savage Mk II BV w/AAC Aviator & CCI segmented subsonic HP's. After I capped the first one, his buddy ran about 20' and stopped ...

Controlled Cacophony
Bits
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bits »

I used to play a lot of paintball with a tricked-out Pro-Am (yes, it was that long ago). Also had a stock class Phantom, always used black shell... it was hilarious listening to the Auto-whatevers lay out $3-4 dollars worth of paint in 30secs before taking them out with a single shot to the hopper.

I've switched to airsoft, better range & accuracy and cheaper, too.

Incidently KingTiger, where'd you get that avatar pic?
godsfist
Silent But Deadly

Post by godsfist »

Why did you change the title?
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I did not change it so I guess one of the big guys did. I liked the title
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

I liked the title too. It had rich undertones of beastiality. Image
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

steve7478 wrote:...I did not think the critters had the brains to use the woodpile for a launch pad to get at the greens.
Make it easy for them to get in, but impossible to get out. Then it'll be like shooting fish in a barrel. Invite the neighbors over for a bunny BBQ. Problem solved. :D
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

godsfist wrote:Why did you change the title?
It is not ok to use profanity in a subject line. Everyone can see that. Over the years lots of people have quit the forum and cited that kind of language as a primary reason. For that matter, it is usually unnecessary to use it in a post. Pretend you are speaking to a crowd of people from a microphone.
Wyatt9k
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wyatt9k »

Wont someone please think of the bunnies!
cdmillig
The Slippery One

Post by cdmillig »

You might could try scents. Soap shavings did terrific with deer when I tried it. I imagine it would work similarly with rabbits.

You could also try a scent fence. We used that to surround our soybean fields last year and it was amazing how irregular the deer were in said fields. In other fields we left unscented, we'd regularly kill 4-5 deer per night/per field. (I killed around 30-40 myself and i was one of 5 invovled)

Note- Replenish soap shavings regularly since a rain will wash it away.
Be kind to others and stay ready
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Sorry I took it by the Forum category title that anything goes. I would not have posted that title in any other forum. It seems a little like the pot calling the kettle black with a category named.

Nutcase bitch and whine forum

If I was speaking to a crowd at the Nutcase bitch and whine conference and I delivered a speech entitled Fucking Bunnies I would not expect to get raised eyebrows.

Anybody want to put it to a vote to get the title back???