ar15.com

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

ar15.com

Post by Bowen1911 »

So i have never posted there, frankly because it seems overly popular, everyone and their dog is an expert, and it seems people who decide to have an opinion get banned from this "exclusive" site. I was curious on what they had for suppressor experts and i noticed the forum rules sticky. at the bottom of the rules was this

"update:

AAC and discussion of their events is banned per the admin of this site. Please do not post threads advertising their events or promotions."

why do people get so butt-hurt?
"I notice that everybody that is pro-abortion already has been born."
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq-XG3tn7s0
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Re: ar15.com

Post by Schulze »

Ask 3 people and you'll get 3 answers. My answer is that those topics are troll magnets and were too often degrading into nontechnical discussion. Certain important industry members also don't like AAC and I think that rule was put up to protect them from themselves. :lol:

The way to get banned over there is to break the CoC and ignore the repeated warnings from site staff. I've never found the coc particularly onerous or hard to follow.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I've been reading on LightFighter.net for only one day and I already like it more than Arfcom. And I'm pretty sure that there's a higher percentage of people on LightFighter that actually know what they're talking about. Arfcom's good for some things though...like a wider range of product updates, and pictures.
Griz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Griz »

Schulze wrote:The way to get banned over there is to break the CoC and ignore the repeated warnings from site staff. I've never found the coc particularly onerous or hard to follow.
Nope, I was banned with no warning and no violation of the rules. I just pointed out something slimy that a paying dealer was doing. They are all about the $$$.

So I registered a few more accounts and just use that forum to sell crap that I would otherwise throw in the garbage. Lots and lots of suckers over there.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Actually, they are not about anything but the money- you'll notice in every section of the forum, the majority of companies that get discussed are site sponsors. It is really anything but an open conversation on anything. You can weed around and find a bit of helpful information, but it's generally buried.
Kick Ass Design
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

Real talk,,, ^ ^ ^

I use ArfKom for comedy relief once in a while. M4Carbines has better tech info IMHO. :)
TOOL1075
Silent But Deadly

Post by TOOL1075 »

I find the site to be cumbersome to read. Their layout is so jam-packed with bullshit formatting and text that it gives me a headache. It's like one of those Japanese cartoons that gives people seizures.
https://pewscience.com
PEW Science
Professionally Engineered Weaponeering
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

JasonAAC wrote:Actually, they are not about anything but the money- you'll notice in every section of the forum, the majority of companies that get discussed are site sponsors. It is really anything but an open conversation on anything. You can weed around and find a bit of helpful information, but it's generally buried.
Well gee, when 90% of the industry are site sponsors, that kind of makes sense. AAC cans get their share of plugs on the suppressor forum.
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

Griz wrote:
Schulze wrote:The way to get banned over there is to break the CoC and ignore the repeated warnings from site staff. I've never found the coc particularly onerous or hard to follow.
Nope, I was banned with no warning and no violation of the rules. I just pointed out something slimy that a paying dealer was doing. They are all about the $$$.
Plenty of paying dealers have been kicked off for doing something slimy. :roll:
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

Schulze wrote:
JasonAAC wrote:Actually, they are not about anything but the money- you'll notice in every section of the forum, the majority of companies that get discussed are site sponsors. It is really anything but an open conversation on anything. You can weed around and find a bit of helpful information, but it's generally buried.
Well gee, when 90% of the industry are site sponsors, that kind of makes sense. AAC cans get their share of plugs on the suppressor forum.
ha. You're right, I am particularly referring to a couple sponsors that have personal issues with AAC. Actually, any thread related to an AAC product gets pulled or locked. And if someone mentions an AAC can in one of the "what can?" threads, then either it gets pulled, a fan of this or that rips into the suggestion and then the AAC suggestion is pulled/deleted/locked... all over personal bad blood.... I'm talking even pure technical posts... Oh well, all of the real crap over there happened before I was with AAC, but I've seen enough of the way the site is run that makes me stay away.

That all said, I'm all for places to read gun stuff during work, just take most stuff there with a grain of salt. There are a handful of very good posters, particularly in the ammo forum.
Kick Ass Design
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

so why exactly do they despise AAC?
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

They protect their paying sponsors. So if another silencer company who is buying ads there asks them to delete a post, they probably will.
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

Wow. Is there anyway I can find the owner of the site and slap across the face for being a bitch?

I have no bias towards any suppressor manufacturer, and I think sites with TECHNICAL discussions shouldn't either. I know people here don't like gemtech, but I know of no one bitching about the Multi-mount being a good affordable suppressor.
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

It has been a while since I shot a Tirant9. I did yesterday. I am amazed each time. There is like no reason do shoot it wet. It is so quiet dry.
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

Wait a second- I am starting to think this place is run by AAC...... :lol:

I need to turn 21 so I can buy one of those!
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
texjames
Silent But Deadly

Post by texjames »

There are a ton of people on AR15 all the time and you are bound to run into some bozo's for sure.
But you can find some great info, share your knowledge with others and most are greatful for it.
I am a regular over in handguns, reloading and AR Builder...and don't forget the NFA Timeline.
Here is a new great post for anyone interested in reloading a guy did thats outstanding...
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 191&page=1
Bowen1911
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bowen1911 »

that ultimatereloader.com is a sweet site. It has me sold on a lock n load progressive, but i just need the money for it now
--Ronald Reagan

Form 1 .22 can
flight954
Senior Silent Operator

Post by flight954 »

Wow. Is there anyway I can find the owner of the site and slap across the face for being a bitch?
Like this
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60106
goteron
Silent But Deadly

Post by goteron »

+1000 on Lightfighter.net, much better information and less BS.
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

There is one person over there who needs a good slapping. The line of fan-boys waiting to suck his dick is too long, which makes it impossible to get anywhere near him. They will fight tooth and nail to defend his honor just for the possible reward of one of his beanie baby-like, bottle openers. :roll:
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
texjames
Silent But Deadly

Post by texjames »

tmix wrote:There is one person over there who needs a good slapping. The line of fan-boys waiting to suck his dick is too long, which makes it impossible to get anywhere near him. They will fight tooth and nail to defend his honor just for the possible reward of one of his beanie baby-like, bottle openers. :roll:
Would that be Larue?
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

texjames wrote:
tmix wrote:There is one person over there who needs a good slapping. The line of fan-boys waiting to suck his dick is too long, which makes it impossible to get anywhere near him. They will fight tooth and nail to defend his honor just for the possible reward of one of his beanie baby-like, bottle openers. :roll:
Would that be Larue?
You're good!
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
Cheetah
Silent But Deadly

Post by Cheetah »

I've had five or six warnings PM'd to me and threads locked two or three times for rule violations, and the only time I post over there is if I'm trying to sell something. Apparently it's not ok to keep your thread current if you change a price or sell something.
crang11
Silent Operator

Post by crang11 »

Some great info using 'search' there. Some armchair commandos to read between otherwise.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v112/crang11/?action=view&current=ridecowboy.gif
BISHOP
Silent But Deadly

Post by BISHOP »

I was one of the original members there back when there wee members named Kowhunter there.

It was a good site, very knowledgable and open to discussion and always open to opinion.

That has all changed. I went back after not being there for almost a year and the entire site had changed.
I asked a question and everybody jumped on me like I was some troll.

I still look at people's post numbers or join dates to see how I am going to respond to certain questions, these guys were all over me for having just a simple AR question and I had it.

The whole site is just trolls now. I laugh when I hear of the site... Arisoft experts are all they are now.

BISHOP
The Rusty wire, that holds the cork, that keeps the anger in, gives way.....