Why doesn't Liberty have a page on here?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Why doesn't Liberty have a page on here?

Post by Buzduk »

It occured to me when I saw the new page for Xcaliber(welcome) that Liberty does not have one! I think it would get a ton of posts. I mean ASE Ultra 21 posts, Archery, Fishing? I think a Liberty page would get a lot more use. What say you Mr. Silvers?
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Why doesn't Liberty have a page on here?

Post by lafsnguy »

+1 I would like to see a liberty subforum as well.
SRM
Silent But Deadly

Post by SRM »

They have one on other sites. Might as well have one here too!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

I guess for the same reason Thompson Machine doesn't, whatever that is. There have been threads in the past about it, but it falls on deaf ears.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

I just find it interesting that titsworth got his subforum with the release of one .22 can.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

Comments made here by other manufacturers or their agents have called such companies like Liberty and Thompson Machine as "garage SOTs".
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

RavenArmament wrote:Comments made here by other manufacturers or their agents have called such companies like Liberty and Thompson Machine as "garage SOTs".
Some of the best inventions came from the barn or garage howevers they are not garage manufactures and have also done machine work and jail breaking with upgraded cores. The disrespect they get makes me want to buy another Liberty!

Xcaliber? not even close! (I say he paid something!)

Liberty should have a sub forum here! :cry:
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

RavenArmament wrote:Comments made here by other manufacturers or their agents have called such companies like Liberty and Thompson Machine as "garage SOTs".
And yet both are significant enough to consistently show up in reviews and comparison tests.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

Emilio wrote: (I say he paid something!)
^^^This.

The "garage SOT" comment is horse s--t.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Yes, John and I are friends and he helped me out. I have been avoiding adding dealer sections as I am trying to avoid thinking about how much administrative work I do on a site I pay for yet don't charge dealers/makers. It is a tough issue as I have no plans to charge money - but at the same time, it would be a lot of work accommodating requests from companies using the site for advertising - not to mention they are profiting and I am not. So for now I would rather not be forced to think about it and just leave things alone because look at how lame it can be when a site makes people pay to talk about products:

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=239607.0

The Handi Rifle forum is not going to have updates on the 300 AAC BLACKOUT HandiRifle!

My solution is a 1/2 way point of letting dealers and makers talk about their products when they want, but I don't necessarily create special sections for them.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

Emilio and doubloon, I agree as well with the "garage SOT" comment. Used to be that's how most businesses started, from one's home and grew from there. Microsoft was started from a garage, so was Apple, Hornady, Speer, Nosler, as was hundreds of other successful companies. Who cares where the product is made, so long as it's quality. If a guy is making silencers on a South Bend lathe after his day job and they are quality, great. If a guy got some investors together to spit out baffles on a Haas CNC machining center and they are quality silencers, great.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Post by lafsnguy »

silencertalk wrote:Yes, John and I are friends and he helped me out. I have been avoiding adding dealer sections as I am trying to avoid thinking about how much administrative work I do on a site I pay for yet don't charge dealers/makers. It is a tough issue as I have no plans to charge money - but at the same time, it would be a lot of work accommodating requests from companies using the site for advertising - not to mention they are profiting and I am not. So for now I would rather not be forced to think about it and just leave things alone because look at how lame it can be when a site makes people pay to talk about products:

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=239607.0

The Handi Rifle forum is not going to have updates on the 300 AAC BLACKOUT HandiRifle!

My solution is a 1/2 way point of letting dealers and makers talk about their products when they want, but I don't necessarily create special sections for them.
I can appreciate this answer.
Emilio
Silent But Deadly

Post by Emilio »

Adding a forum section takes 5 minutes max.

Liberty gets the short end of stick AGAIN! (not deservingly so eithers!) The great people to deal with too!

Best we can do is keep talking about Liberty. :lol: Put it in your sigline for support! :P
Member of the LSU, SWR, and RUGGED underground. Shame Silencerco!
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

There isn't anything preventing Liberty, or any other silencer manufacturer from creating a forum of their own. Maybe "LibertyTalk.com" is still available. This is a ridiculous series of questions. I'd like to ask one of my own. Has Liberty asked RSilvers if they could have a sub-forum? Or are we being offended for "Chaktaw" nativie Americans for them, when maybe they don't give a damn that there is a baseball team named the "Braves"?

Next point -- you can find, with minimal effort, plenty of posts where Jason specifically mentions competitors' products as "top five", and has, on more than one occassion, answered a noob's question with, "Here are the best .22 silencers out there.... " and then includes non-AAC product. He has also done the same thing with the .45, saying (paraphrase) that the two best .45 cans out there are the Osprey and the Ti-Rant.

Titsworth mentions specific products favorably in his reviews that are non-AAC.

Christ, stop being third party victims. It is dumb.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

TROOPER wrote:There isn't anything preventing Liberty, or any other silencer manufacturer from creating a forum of their own. Maybe "LibertyTalk.com" is still available.
Would be simpler to just add a forum onto their existing site and have the address be something like libertysuppressors.com/forum or redirect it to a subdomain like forums.libertysuppressors.com. Subdomains are free from web hosts, just additional traffic fees.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Not only that, but any company is free to announce products or answer questions in the main section.
sukhoi
Silent But Deadly

Post by sukhoi »

why should liberty have to jump through all these hoops of making x y z domain and such while the others are free to have their own subfourm here? seems odd to me but itd be nice to be able to track company updates thru all the same means rather tracking down a post by dave in the main forum only to get lost thru the pages with however many new posts its gets all the time. :| but im new and its not my place. sorry
Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Thanks for the reply Robert. It provides a decent explanation of the circumstances and I can appreciate the predicament.
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

I would also like to see a Liberty sub-forum. I believe that Liberty has proven itself as a stabile and innovative force in the industry, deserving their own spot.

I have spoken with Liberty a few times and my questions have been directed to and answered by the person who would be doing the work. I like that I can call a small company and get someone to answer the phone or call me back almost immediately, and/or send an email with a question about a custom design and get a quick response.

As for the "Garage SOT" status, I would take it as a compliment. In other industries, less concerned with machismo, a more fitting description would be
Boutique manufacturer- a method used for the custom production of certain products in limited quantities by hand or with a restricted level of automation. Products produced this way often include ceramics, furniture, amplifiers, yachts, boats, leather goods or watches and jewellery among others. In industrial countries, boutique manufacturing is being selected generally for high class goods in upper price levels and only for single products or small batches. Examples would include- TAG Heuer, Rolex, AMG, Ferrari, Collings, David-Taylor, and Bentley. Not in bad company i'd say.
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

sukhoi wrote:why should liberty have to jump through all these hoops of making x y z domain and such while the others are free to have their own subfourm here? seems odd to me but itd be nice to be able to track company updates thru all the same means rather tracking down a post by dave in the main forum only to get lost thru the pages with however many new posts its gets all the time. :| but im new and its not my place. sorry
Liberty has a presence on other forums where there are more customers there than this forum. Perhaps they don't have a subforum here because they don't want one here. I can't speak for them.
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

I'd like to see Liberty and Thompson Machine only because they are popular manufacturers. I feel like Robert's answer doesn't really hold water as it seems he is unwilling to delegate administrative duties to anyone. Considering this forum had to get overrun with spam before he'd appoint a global mod to clean it up, I just think he isn't interested in giving up any sort of administrative power. Understandable, but if you're unwilling to put in the work, I see no reason why you shouldn't give the ability to do the work to someone else. There are many trustworthy people here, several who I'm sure would volunteer.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

If I understood Robert's response correctly he sees a dedicated sub-forum as a service he is providing to manufacturers and he is not interested in providing that service to additional manufacturers free of charge. The ones that already have sub-forums can keep them but any new sub-forums require some kind of compensation which Robert considers fair trade for this service. In the case of Tit's sub-forum that compensation has already been paid through some past exchange or personal relationship.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

Shamrock-MP wrote:I would also like to see a Liberty sub-forum. I believe that Liberty has proven itself as a stabile and innovative force in the industry, deserving their own spot.

I have spoken with Liberty a few times and my questions have been directed to and answered by the person who would be doing the work. I like that I can call a small company and get someone to answer the phone or call me back almost immediately, and/or send an email with a question about a custom design and get a quick response.

As for the "Garage SOT" status, I would take it as a compliment. In other industries, less concerned with machismo, a more fitting description would be
Boutique manufacturer- a method used for the custom production of certain products in limited quantities by hand or with a restricted level of automation. Products produced this way often include ceramics, furniture, amplifiers, yachts, boats, leather goods or watches and jewellery among others. In industrial countries, boutique manufacturing is being selected generally for high class goods in upper price levels and only for single products or small batches. Examples would include- TAG Heuer, Rolex, AMG, Ferrari, Collings, David-Taylor, and Bentley. Not in bad company i'd say.

Since this site is totally run, paid for, and owned by Robert I would say he gets to decide who desirves a spot.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Some of the current sub forums have VERY little activity.. How about taking one that is NOT BEING USED and swapping out for a Liberty sub forum.

I vote for a Liberty Sub Forum here too, but also respect that it is Robert's site. He can do what ever he wants..

Re Titsworth's sub forum.

Roberts forum..

John and Robert have worked together and are "friends". If I had a forum and one of MY friends started a business and I had a forum you bet I would put him up on it. John has earned it. IMHO.. He may have ruffled some feathers but he HAS don a LOT for the silencer community.

Dave has a sub forum on the other forum..

I do think something "strange" is going on on Byron's forum with Liberty. Posts are being deleted and reviews not being put up. Nefarious, probably not.. Could be just that Byron is WAY to busy.. But the Mystic should be up to review on that site.

Also they need to retest the TL + Essence. With the current *to spec* silencers as both tested were out of current spec.

I do wish John was still testing silencers so I had an independent source for dB data. I liked how he did it. Same ammo same location. ALSO had FPS data! (so you know if a round was out of spec. causing the variation of the dB.)
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
Shamrock-MP
Silent But Deadly

Post by Shamrock-MP »

Did anyone ask LIberty if want a sub forum?

Liberty Suppressors,

Are you interested in having a sub forum?
Form4
Suppressors and Firearms
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(502)671-9799
www.form4.org