What to do about the drone

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

What should have been done

Ground operation with special forces destroying the drone.
19%
Air strike to destroy the drone.
64%
What we did. Nothing.
17%

Total votes: 36

bakerjw
Elite Member

What to do about the drone

Post by bakerjw »

So as I see pictures being paraded around of the Iranians with one of our top stealth drones I have to wonder if sitting back and doing nothing was the correct course of action.

Something has happened at some of the Iranian nuclear sites but no one seems willing to speak up and say exactly what it was. It seems odd that if something had blown up on one of their airfields that it would have been of much notice as well.
July 5th, 2016. The day that we moved from a soft tyranny to a hard tyranny.
700PSS
Elite Member

Re: What to do about the drone

Post by 700PSS »

Too late now. We had our chance. Way to go, Obama. :x
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

1.Maybe we wanted them to have it. Maybe it picks up intel and relays it back to us.
2.Maybe they will spend time and money on it and find out after they reverse engineer it it just picks up VOA, whatever.
3.If it was really important that the enemy shouldn't have it we'd put a self destruct in it.
4.False flag.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Trojan drone, one of the oldest tricks in the book.

There is a small contingency of delta force midgets inside. Once moved inside the walls of the super-secret Iranian facility.... BLAMO!
-----
Ick
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Hush wrote:3.If it was really important that the enemy shouldn't have it we'd put a self destruct in it.
The report I heard is that yes, we did have self-destruct capability, but chose to not use it. Same with bombing it later or sending in a team to destroy it. Obama didn’t want to anger the Iranians by provoking them with such an “act of war”.

I half wonder if when presented with the “self-destruct” option, he said “Yes. Let’s self-destruct”. He didn’t mean the drone though, but rather our country.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

I'd have to know more about what really happened to say what we should do.

If we were operating it in their airspace, then as much as it sucks, it belongs to them now. Not that we should aplogize or anything. Iran should just keep the drone and STFU about how they've been violated and be grateful for the pile of technology they've just inherited.

If we were operating it in Afghanistan, and they were able to take control of it and land it in Iran, then they stole it from us. If this is the case, I'm not really sure what we should do. Anything we do would probably just make it easier for them to villify us. It's easy to say we should send in our spec-ops ninjas to steal it back, but we probably have no idea where it is.

About the self destruct feature, I wonder how that works. Does it come across the same link that is used to control the drone? If they managed to hack the frequency hopping and encryption schemes and were able to take over control of the drone by overpowering or jamming our signal, I don't see how we could have issued a self destruct command.

Of course we'll never know the true answers to these questions, and in this case, I think that's probably in our best interest to not release all the details. *Cough*dronewalker*Cough*
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Due to frequently mis-read DoD requirements, the term "pork" is to be replaced with the more specific term "bacon."

Future drones will:

1> Have a defensive layer of bacon surrounding all sensitive technology.
2> Have a tampering triggered self-destruct mechanism which employs several bacon bit fragmentation grenades.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

Libertarian_Geek wrote:Future drones will...
That wouldn't fix anything, because their leaders would handle it the same way ours would. Not tell anyone what they know, and have someone else disarm the booby traps while they stand at a safe distance.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Blaubart wrote:
That wouldn't fix anything, because their leaders would handle it the same way ours would. Not tell anyone what they know, and have someone else disarm the booby traps while they stand at a safe distance.
Well that really sucked the fun out of my imagination.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
CrazyDoc
Silent But Deadly

Post by CrazyDoc »

Blaubart wrote:
Party pooper lol

Toole
"If hooking a cat up to a car battery will help cure cancer, I have one thing to tell you. Red is positive and black is negative.

I will say no more."
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

We're going to camo net the house and back yard, should help with the energy bills as a bonus.

I heard shooting one in duck season could be defense against prosecution.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

We should drop nukes all over their country, just to make sure we dont miss the drone.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

82nd airborne wrote:We should drop nukes all over their country, just to make sure we dont miss the drone.
Now there's a plan that just might work. :D
Bone16
Elite Member

Post by Bone16 »

Blaubart wrote:
82nd airborne wrote:We should drop nukes all over their country, just to make sure we dont miss the drone.
Now there's a plan that just might work. :D

Not to mention increase the octane rating of the gasoline refined from the irradiated oil in those parts :shock: !
America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the mall.

Bone 16, Asshat at large, OUT!
crazy-mp
Silent Operator

Post by crazy-mp »

We have stealth helicopters, special forces that train for over 2 years before conducting a live mission, satellites that can read newspapers on your front porch, cameras with face recognition technology, computers that can continue to operate after a nuclear bomb goes off within half a mile, and nobody thought to put 15 pounds of C4 on a freaking spy drone?
- - - Show Me Guns - - -
------Lebanon MO------
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Post by mx201er »

bacon bit fragmentation grenades.
Sounds delicious, I would throw those at my salad. :lol:
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

I would like to add my own option, the Trojan horse.

Load up a drone with a hidden small scale tactical nuke, allow it to get captured, detonate it as soon as it is brought to its final destination, most likely where the other one is.