Respect?

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

driver6814
Silent But Deadly

Re: Respect?

Post by driver6814 »

Where the heck is that popcorn eating smily?

Getting good now
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

I respect everyone unless they give me a good reason not to. Even then I still might act like I do.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

It has nothing to do with age. Paco was what, 16 when he started posting here? But he made relevant silencer type post, which I'm pretty sure you have not...

Which brings up my other question?

Why do you come here and post random stupid stuff? And dont give me that crap about it being Roberts house and you can do whatever you want...
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
Hermit
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Hermit »

Maser. I'm not really on your case. There is a question people ask you over and over, well 2. I have been here 5 days short of 2 years longer than you, less posts but that is cause I learned if you have nothing to say, don't say it.

Questions and I never saw an answer.

1)Why do you post here?
2)Have you ever posted silencer related or even forum related posts?

Why don't you answer? You bitch about respect? You think it is respectful not to answer?

So far in this thread you have ignored me. I am ex 02ffl class 2 sot (yes I did manufacture class 2 NFA firearms), presently 01 ffl and a renew class 3 this June to nail the fiscal year.

The owners forum is awesome, no better info anywhere, bar none. What is it with you? Attention hound? Troll? Pissy pants diaper boy wants a sugar daddy?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

Hermit wrote: 1)Why do you post here?
Because this is the section for bitching and whining is it not?
Hermit wrote: 2)Have you ever posted silencer related or even forum related posts?
Yes

I normally don't respond to troll questions like that, but I'm pretty bored right now. :roll:
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
kalikraven
Elite Member

Post by kalikraven »

A search of your post showed only one silencer relevant post, and it was a quick comment to a fellow in Canada to check his country's laws before making his own...

Am I missing something?

Troll... Ha Calling us trolls.

I was shooting silencers when you were wearing diapers and pissing your pants.
Last edited by kalikraven on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Going a little more discrete here due to some of my opinions...
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Maser wrote:
Hermit wrote: 2)Have you ever posted silencer related or even forum related posts?
Yes
And here it is ... before you click, prepare yourself for the awesomeness that is Maser's silencer related contribution.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19619&p=188843#p188843
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

kalikraven wrote: Am I missing something?
Apparently you are because I just got done making a gun related post. :roll:
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Maser wrote:
Sorry, anything you submitted after being called out or starting this "legendary" :lol: :lol: thread does not count against your water.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

doubloon wrote:
Maser wrote:
Sorry, anything you submitted after being called out or starting this "legendary" :lol: :lol: thread does not count against your water.
There's plenty of others I made before making this thread.
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

kalikraven wrote:A search of your post showed only one silencer relevant post, and it was a quick comment to a fellow in Canada to check his country's laws before making his own...

Am I missing something?

Troll... Ha Calling us trolls.

I was shooting silencers when you were wearing diapers and pissing your pants.
That doesn't give us a very good idea of how long you've been shooting silencers because Maser was pissing his pants just the other day and unfortunately we've seen the vid to prove it :lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Maser wrote:...
There's plenty of others I made before making this thread.
Nope, afraid not, no evidence to support it.

950+ posts in NB&W, RT or the artistic image section, 2 gun related posts outside the ones in this thread and the "what do you own and why" thread.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

Thanks for confirming I do have gun related posts. Guess that pretty much puts that argument to bed. So are we done now?
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Maser wrote:Thanks for confirming I do have gun related posts. Guess that pretty much puts that argument to bed. So are we done now?
Nope, the ones after being called out and this worthless thread including your lame attempt to redeem yourself in the "what do you own" thread don't count.

Of the two posted in gun sections one was "whoa, nice 10/22 stock dude." and the other was an off topic (presumably accidental) cross post related to the diaper thread.

The rest are just like these, a waste of electrons.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

kalikraven wrote: Troll... Ha Calling us trolls.
Oooooops. Missed that. No, I wasn't calling anyone a troll. I said the post was a troll post. A troll post doesn't necessarily make someone an internet troll. But yeah, making statements like that in saying that a certain person shouldn't be allowed to exist at a website all because they aren't "experts" is a troll tactic. It's like someone at a gaming forum saying that if you don't talk about a certain genre of games, then you shouldn't be allowed to exist there. Plus it's downright immature and that's saying a lot coming from someone like me.

Bottom line is this site is a community for suppressor enthusiasts and all around gun owners in general. This site is NOT a contest over who can post the most or who can teach the most. We all exist here for different reasons. There's people who exist here just to shoot the breeze in the RT and NB&W areas. There's some who exist just to learn. There's some who exist to sell or buy things. There's some that exist to teach. There's probably other reasons too. Keep in mind that this site may be open to the public, but it IS a privately owned site and we are here because Robert allows us to be. If you feel someone shouldn't be here all because you don't like them or they don't post the material you are interested in, then you are in DIRECT disrespect towards Robert's decision. A little after I joined here and trolls started posting stupid s--t about me, I actually asked Robert if there was a problem with me being here. He told me he didn't have a problem with me being here. So there you have it. The owner of this site doesn't have a problem with me being at HIS site.

There's only 1 of 3 choices you all have if you have a problem with me:

1.) Learn to coexist with me.
2.) Ignore me and everything I post.
3.) Find a site where I don't exist at.

Obviously I don't want the last to be done because I don't want people leaving this great site on my account. However, that's NO excuse to not act like an adult. One of the first things we learned as kids was how to get along with others. Apparently some people need a remedial course in it. :roll: Since we now have people researching my old posts, you will see that I obey the rules. I don't start problems with other members. I don't make fun of people for medical problems. And I don't start trouble in general. If I had done those, Robert would have canned (pun intended) my ass long ago. Been here for a little over 4 years now. That should say enough about my ability to coexist here.
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

Maser wrote:
kalikraven wrote: Troll... Ha Calling us trolls.
Oooooops. Missed that. No, I wasn't calling anyone a troll. I said the post was a troll post. A troll post doesn't necessarily make someone an internet troll. But yeah, making statements like that in saying that a certain person shouldn't be allowed to exist at a website all because they aren't "experts" is a troll tactic. It's like someone at a gaming forum saying that if you don't talk about a certain genre of games, then you shouldn't be allowed to exist there. Plus it's downright immature and that's saying a lot coming from someone like me.

Bottom line is this site is a community for suppressor enthusiasts and all around gun owners in general. This site is NOT a contest over who can post the most or who can teach the most. We all exist here for different reasons. There's people who exist here just to shoot the breeze in the RT and NB&W areas. There's some who exist just to learn. There's some who exist to sell or buy things. There's some that exist to teach. There's probably other reasons too. Keep in mind that this site may be open to the public, but it IS a privately owned site and we are here because Robert allows us to be. If you feel someone shouldn't be here all because you don't like them or they don't post the material you are interested in, then you are in DIRECT disrespect towards Robert's decision. A little after I joined here and trolls started posting stupid s--t about me, I actually asked Robert if there was a problem with me being here. He told me he didn't have a problem with me being here. So there you have it. The owner of this site doesn't have a problem with me being at HIS site.

There's only 1 of 3 choices you all have if you have a problem with me:

1.) Learn to coexist with me.
2.) Ignore me and everything I post.
3.) Find a site where I don't exist at.

Obviously I don't want the last to be done because I don't want people leaving this great site on my account. However, that's NO excuse to not act like an adult. One of the first things we learned as kids was how not to piss our pants. Apparently some people need a remedial course in it. :roll: Since we now have people researching my old posts, you will see that I obey the rules. I don't start problems with other members. I don't make fun of people for medical problems. And I don't start trouble in general. If I had done those, Robert would have canned (pun intended) my ass long ago. Been here for a little over 4 years now. That should say enough about my ability to coexist here.
I fixed it for you. No need to thank me. :D
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

:roll:
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

I give up...

(I tried logic and reason. Didn't work...)
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

OK, I give up. I have been reading this thread over the past few days. What is the backstory to maser's original post?

Why the maser hate?

I understand the content of the posts but I just can't seem to read between the lines on this very public fistfight.
-----
Ick
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

ick wrote:Why the maser hate?
Cannot speak for everyone, so whatever comes next is speculation;

Maser is a child... not just in age, but in actions. This is odd because outwardly, physically, he appears to be a man. This is complicated by the rather egregious chasm between the way that Maser views himself... 8) <--- and the way the rest of this forum and others perceive him... (insert emoticon of grown man actually defecating in a diaper, posting pictures of it on the internet when it is an obvious fetish, posting videos to YouTube of himself peeing his pants and complaining about it, posting rants that he truly believes are "legendary" yet are full of hypocrisy, bullshit, outright lies, and unrelenting aversion to reality).

Most likely what you're seeing is society punishing one of its own for violating social norms and contract. It is common with any form of deviant behavior. Not much else to say about it.

Everything else... pointing out non-contribution, for example... is a subset of that social punishment.

For myself, as small a community as "shooters" are, and as typically friendly as we are with one another, this turn on Maser has less to do with snobbishness, and more to do with a group of people recognizing a part that doesn't belong, and the natural turn against it that is common in virtually every living system in the planet.

What I find most interesting about this is... we assume a lot of each other are relatively intelligent by virtue of being here. Perhaps not always knowledgeable about any particular gun, or NFA related topic, but intelligent in general. We are also all in a unique position in that we can check our words prior to 'officially' saying them - and with that level of impression management, there is no technical reason why we can't each fool the other guy into believing we're all a bunch of four-digit IQ havin', world-savvy, well-read, quietly successful individuals in our respective day-to-day lives. ... And yet even with these tightest of controls, Maser has managed to out himself as anything but that.

His actions in complaining, the object of the complaint, and even the nature of the complaint -- have left me often pondering what a failure of a 'man' - even human - he is.

I assume this is because we each form some notion of what a "man" is, either through role-models (real and fictitious), through reflection, or some combination of both. We don't all land on the same conclusion, but we do tend to share commonalities, such as ruggedness, a degree of independence, hiding of weaknesses, and honesty - even in the face of embarrassment or potential mistakes. Maser shares literally none of those traits; which is why I sanction him harshly.

NCOs are taught that there are two fundamental ways of dealing with short-comings; training, or punishment. Training works when the short-coming is a result of skill failure... sometimes people just need to learn the skill of being-on-time. Punishment is what happens when there is no credible knowledge or ability gap, yet the short-coming persists. A good NCO understands and practices the fundamental difference between training and punishment.

Any 'pearls-of-wisdom' I had for Maser have failed utterly. The facade of a misguided kid has folded. He is an attention-seeking troll with some combination of psychological issues that motivate him to behave as he does. His words are disguised as long-suffering camaraderie... just a couple-of-guys unwinding over brews before goin' home to the ol' lady. The persistence of his persona suggests that his words are really meant to draw attention to himself in a different way, and to elicit a reaction that has little to do with guidance. He wants sympathy, pity, maybe revulsion? Who knows. Maybe he needs others to verbally berate him in order to satisfy the same need that a priest might have for wearing a horse-hair shirt, or the way some guys go to the gym to grind themselves down using free weights... self-punishment... redemption through suffering, or some such nonsense.

Take your pick.

Whatever he says, he isn't going to change my low opinion of him... seen his type before. Not unique. Not special. Not redeemable from the outside. They can change, but they rarely do -- too disconnected with reality to view themselves correctly. Lack of self-diagnosis yields lack of self-improvement.
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

ick wrote:OK, I give up. I have been reading this thread over the past few days. What is the backstory to maser's original post?

Why the maser hate?

I understand the content of the posts but I just can't seem to read between the lines on this very public fistfight.
There really isn't much of a back story. Real life and the internet may be two separate things, but the reality is that an internet community such as this one does have similar traits when it comes to forming opinions about others. When someone sees a particular person they clearly don't approve of, they will go to any lengths to make that person feel less and less welcome in said community when they clearly don't have the authority to do so. I've seen may ways to deal with that type on nonsense, but the best way is usually just to ignore it. Eventually they will realize that their opinions are not going to change anything. Like I already said. This is a privately owned site and the owner says I can be here. That's really all there is to it.
T_Tactical
Senior Silent Operator

Post by T_Tactical »

TROOPER wrote:
Cannot speak for everyone, so whatever comes next is speculation;

Maser is a child... not just in age, but in actions. This is odd because outwardly, physically, he appears to be a man. This is complicated by the rather egregious chasm between the way that Maser views himself... 8) <--- and the way the rest of this forum and others perceive him... (insert emoticon of grown man actually defecating in a diaper, posting pictures of it on the internet when it is an obvious fetish, posting videos to YouTube of himself peeing his pants and complaining about it, posting rants that he truly believes are "legendary" yet are full of hypocrisy, bullshit, outright lies, and unrelenting aversion to reality).

Most likely what you're seeing is society punishing one of its own for violating social norms and contract. It is common with any form of deviant behavior. Not much else to say about it.

Everything else... pointing out non-contribution, for example... is a subset of that social punishment.

For myself, as small a community as "shooters" are, and as typically friendly as we are with one another, this turn on Maser has less to do with snobbishness, and more to do with a group of people recognizing a part that doesn't belong, and the natural turn against it that is common in virtually every living system in the planet.

What I find most interesting about this is... we assume a lot of each other are relatively intelligent by virtue of being here. Perhaps not always knowledgeable about any particular gun, or NFA related topic, but intelligent in general. We are also all in a unique position in that we can check our words prior to 'officially' saying them - and with that level of impression management, there is no technical reason why we can't each fool the other guy into believing we're all a bunch of four-digit IQ havin', world-savvy, well-read, quietly successful individuals in our respective day-to-day lives. ... And yet even with these tightest of controls, Maser has managed to out himself as anything but that.

His actions in complaining, the object of the complaint, and even the nature of the complaint -- have left me often pondering what a failure of a 'man' - even human - he is.

I assume this is because we each form some notion of what a "man" is, either through role-models (real and fictitious), through reflection, or some combination of both. We don't all land on the same conclusion, but we do tend to share commonalities, such as ruggedness, a degree of independence, hiding of weaknesses, and honesty - even in the face of embarrassment or potential mistakes. Maser shares literally none of those traits; which is why I sanction him harshly.

NCOs are taught that there are two fundamental ways of dealing with short-comings; training, or punishment. Training works when the short-coming is a result of skill failure... sometimes people just need to learn the skill of being-on-time. Punishment is what happens when there is no credible knowledge or ability gap, yet the short-coming persists. A good NCO understands and practices the fundamental difference between training and punishment.

Any 'pearls-of-wisdom' I had for Maser have failed utterly. The facade of a misguided kid has folded. He is an attention-seeking troll with some combination of psychological issues that motivate him to behave as he does. His words are disguised as long-suffering camaraderie... just a couple-of-guys unwinding over brews before goin' home to the ol' lady. The persistence of his persona suggests that his words are really meant to draw attention to himself in a different way, and to elicit a reaction that has little to do with guidance. He wants sympathy, pity, maybe revulsion? Who knows. Maybe he needs others to verbally berate him in order to satisfy the same need that a priest might have for wearing a horse-hair shirt, or the way some guys go to the gym to grind themselves down using free weights... self-punishment... redemption through suffering, or some such nonsense.

Take your pick.

Whatever he says, he isn't going to change my low opinion of him... seen his type before. Not unique. Not special. Not redeemable from the outside. They can change, but they rarely do -- too disconnected with reality to view themselves correctly. Lack of self-diagnosis yields lack of self-improvement.
Well said Trooper, I agree with you 100%. I couldn't have written it as eloquently as you have but the feeling is the same.

It is ironic though that a man who pisses himself on camera can't figure out why nobody respects him. :lol:
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

TROOPER wrote:
Cannot speak for everyone, so whatever comes next is speculation;.
Excellent post but for me it's simply because he can't spell Mauser.

Also, it's not so much "hate" as it is intolerance.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

paco ramirez wrote:Image
Season1Episode7 "Performance Klok"