This zero tolerance BS in schools has gone to far-my 5 year

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw, renegade

CThomas
Silent But Deadly

This zero tolerance BS in schools has gone to far-my 5 year

Post by CThomas »

old nephew was kicked out of recess and made to sit out. Why? Well because his little buddy said lets play Star Wars.
My nephew loves Han Solo and then proceeded to make a "laser gun" with his fingers. That got him kicked out of recess.
He tried to explain to the teacher that his fingers are not a real gun, that it was a laser gun and that laser guns are not even real.
Apparenty the teacher did not like the fact that he tried to explain reality to her so she gave him a "RED" for the day. Behavior is put into a color system, purple is excellent, green is good, yellow is a caution and red means he was a bad little boy!

A few days later he was dancing and another teacher told him to sit out of recess again. She thought he was doing karate moves (he is a yellow belt). He tried to explain that he was dancing to the music that they were playing. Apparently this teacher did not like to be questioned either so he got a RED again! One more red and he has to hit the principals office. He had been sent to the principal once before for sqeeuzing his juice box to hard which caused the juice to hit the ceiling. He laughed of course but it got him a red and a trip to the man which of course made him cry.
This zero tolerance BS has gone to far!!

Corporate America pumps this crap at kids everyday as they rake in the cash, the same libs who create it then cry foul about guns and violence while the libs at school create a zero tolerance policy and punish the kids for acting out fake stuff.
woodstove
Silent Operator

Re: This zero tolerance BS in schools has gone to far-my 5 y

Post by woodstove »

Tell him not to go for a pee at recess or he'll be red tagged for exposing himself!!

The arrow went way too far to the left side of the dial
Last edited by woodstove on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
If at first you don't succeed, RELOAD!!
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

"Corporate America" is not the problem here. "Government Schools" are the problem. It is the "Government" that indoctrinates the young skulls full of mush into "good little subjects" to be controlled by the government.

Solution: Private school or homeschool...while there's still time to save him.
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

The way I see it, if I'm paying for public schools, why should I have to send my kid to a private school? So I don't...

Granted, the schools here are pretty good, but every now and then we do have disagreements as to what is best for the kids, the school, etc. They try a little too hard sometimes to push their values onto my kids, and then I push back. They say "We expect your support on this" and I politely tell them to pack sand. :lol:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

Blaubart wrote:The way I see it, if I'm paying for public schools, why should I have to send my kid to a private school? So I don't...
I avoid public restrooms at all costs. Same strategy here if my public school goes insane.
-----
Ick
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

ick wrote:I avoid public restrooms at all costs. Same strategy here if my public school goes insane.
True. But I'm not shelling out $400/Mo for public restrooms, and it doesn't cost me $1,000/Mo to use a private restroom.

I suppose if I was a whole lot richer, and private school for my kids wouldn't represent a significant portion of my income, then I'd consider it. Until then, I need to keep my kids in public schools and stay involved to make sure they aren't straying too far from what they should be teaching.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

It depends what your priorities are I suppose. Every parent has to make that choice. You have chosen your strategy.
-----
Ick
Maser
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maser »

My oldest son turns 6 in a few days. So far no issues at his school. Nice to know good schools still exist. 8)
My intelligence is like a suppressed rimfire pistol. You may not be able to hear it, but it certainly always hits its mark.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

700PSS wrote:"Corporate America" is not the problem here. "Government Schools" are the problem. It is the "Government" that indoctrinates the young skulls full of mush into "good little subjects" to be controlled by the government.

I agree with 700PSS on this, the .gov schools are trying to mold their minds so they will be easier to control when they are adults.
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
cmoore
Silent But Deadly

Post by cmoore »

That's why we home-school our daughter (for the last 6 years now).
cmoore...

out...

"You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a kind word alone".-- Al Capone

"By the way, it's inches that I'm giving you..."- Roman
mcinfantry
Silent But Deadly

Post by mcinfantry »

bull. the schools SUCK because the PARENTS suck.
David Hineline
Silent But Deadly

Post by David Hineline »

We pulled my daughter out of public half way through 8th grade, not doing it earlier was our mistake.
NFA shooters blow their load with only one pull of the trigger.
Trex
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trex »

At parents night my then 6 year old daughters female teacher after discussing good behavior, good attitude to work and continuing progress mentioned that she did have a "slightly' overactive imagination and had been telling her and everyone else that she and dad were working on an electronic launch system for a rocket.

Teachers face was classic when I informed her that my daughter only tells the truth and she also reloads some mean 6.5mmx55mm match ammunition. :twisted:

After a bit of a double take she could only comment that it seemed to be standing her in good stead regarding her education.

Bear in mind I'm in the UK :lol: and figure the modern education system is crap so we spend a lot of time doing extra curricular activities that benefit her education and it's the schools problem if these sometimes focus on things that go bang... :wink:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

We are changing to private schools now mainly because we feel that 25 kids is too many for a classroom. It is too bad we need to pay for this because we otherwise have no issues with the public school.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

mcinfantry wrote:bull. the schools SUCK because the PARENTS suck.
voted most likely to be correct
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
Schulze
Silent But Deadly

Post by Schulze »

I went to a small private school through high school. I then went to a public school for extracurricular science classes, which were taught by a retired scientist that worked for NASA. They were a lot of fun, but the "public school" kids that were in the class made me thank God that I did not go to a public school.
roundtoprifleman

Post by roundtoprifleman »

Our son is also home school. The teacher would rather put him i detention than help him learn ( he is slightly dislexic). He has made huge improvements i just one year at home.
sha-ul
Senior Silent Operator

Post by sha-ul »

Hush wrote:
700PSS wrote:"Corporate America" is not the problem here. "Government Schools" are the problem. It is the "Government" that indoctrinates the young skulls full of mush into "good little subjects" to be controlled by the government.

I agree with 700PSS on this, the .gov schools are trying to mold their minds so they will be easier to control when they are adults.
This is why govt schools are a conflict of interest.
vz58
Silent Operator

Post by vz58 »

I feel your pain. My 7 year old was playing soccer at recess, he told his friend on the other team he was going to beat their a.s.s. he spelled the word, did not say it. (He is in the wrong here, both he and his grandfather were counseled on their use of this word by my wife) One kid. One kid said he said this to a teaching assistant. He was promptly assigned detention for that. Detention was set for that Wed. A note was put in his bag along with a just published rule book. If we could not arrange pick up wed then he would be suspended. Now my wife and I work rotationg schedule s and this is too sudden for us. Also per their handbook, a teaching assistant can not take this disciplinary action. Further they violated seven separate procedures. The next day we met with the principal. Who threatend my wife, yelled at my son and kept rolling his eyes as I pointed out how the disciplinary proceedures were not followed. I agreed that punishment was in order but suspen
vz58
Silent Operator

Post by vz58 »

****sorry my droid forced two posts*****
Suspension is inappropriate The year before my nephew was 5 and beaten up in front of adult witnesses. He had to go to the ED because he had massive bruising around his eyes and they feared aa nasal bone or skull fracture. That kid was NEVER disciplined for this or other assaults. The principal threatened extended suspension for my son for "bullying" because he said the word "beat". It was clear the meeting was not going anywhere so I told principal he was not allowed to be alone with my son until my appeal to the superintendent was complete. I told him this because of he yelling and aggresive behavior. Well he lost it.We left his office with him following us and he tried to grab my wife from behind!.
We appealed the whole thing and filed a grievence for his behavior. Sevenpages carefully typed and each violation and policy cited. The super calls me up and says he got my grievance but had not read it. He had spoken to the principal and he had concluded that we would just have to agree to disagree. Further he was the principal could do as he wished in the school and there was nothing we could do. He can grab anyone he wants "for the safety of the children" Bear in mind my kid was the only kid around and we were trying to leave.

Now my kids along with a record number from this school are in thecharter school. And this asshat who has caused this and plummeting test scores is now prinipal of the year....
vz58
Silent Operator

Post by vz58 »

Finally, they refused to change the rule violation from sexually aggressive behavior by 7-12 grader (what they wrote him up as, and such a policy does not exist for second graders) Until we had an attorney advise them of pending legal action.
Baffled
Silent But Deadly

Post by Baffled »

The ultimate "zero tolerance" bullhockey happened a few years ago here in the DFW area...

An honor-roll high school boy used his pickup truck to help his grandmother move into an apartment or some other dwelling. He loaded dozens of cardboard boxes into his truck, and away they went.

At school the next day, a rent-a-cop guard patrolling the student lot saw a knife in the bed of this kid's truck. It was a BUTTER KNIFE that had fallen out of a box.

Due to the "zero tolerance" policy on weapons at school, the kid was EXPELLED. No appeal.

Zero tolerance = too stupid to make a judgement call for each case.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Doesn't the school cafeteria have butter knives?
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Back in the old days all utensils were steel.

I think at some point schools switched to disposable utensils for cost savings, probably because the steel utensils are expensive to replace and they get tossed by accident or stolen.

Back in the 90's I remember some schools switching back to steel because disposable was bad for the environment.

Those who haven't done so will probably go back to disposable because that's what's safe for prisons of all ages.

It would be interesting to know what would happen if one of the little miscreants got caught with a plastic butter knife.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Baffled wrote:Due to the "zero tolerance" policy on weapons at school, the kid was EXPELLED. No appeal.
Someone else claims he was suspended. I can't find the original story.